ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR NCAA March Madness Drinking Game Thread!

I know it will not mean much to some, but I am enjoying this win. Before the season started , if you said 2nd round I would have taken it, this team was a work in process.
Good for Coach Ham and all the players, we are in round of 32 against a team I think we have a shot...
Lets Go Noles..

Last edited:
But UVA is always a disappointment in March. Good coach, good program, but they dont adjust to March well. at all.

Mid March (maybe) , they looked great in early March in a single elimination tourney recently

Mid March (maybe) , they looked great in early March in a single elimination tourney recently

Yes, but they dont adjust. I think conference play in some ways is easier because you know the teams and can make subtle adjustments, but in the NCAA tourney, with quality teams they dont know, they have always been pretty disappointing.

Villanova looking like the favorite to cut down the nets today.

They sure ripped apart Alabama as they should have. They have a big supply of shooters and they can play defense. I thought they settled for the three for the first ten minutes of the game.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Holy crap, the UConn women scored 94 points today. On any given day, that is pretty impressive. But they did that in the first half. That's almost impossible to comprehend. It would be hard to do that if the opponent simply took a five second violation after every time they scored.

Why even bother to play the second half in that case if they are going to score like that. At the very least run the clock in the last two qtrs.

Holy crap, the UConn women scored 94 points today. On any given day, that is pretty impressive. But they did that in the first half. That's almost impossible to comprehend. It would be hard to do that if the opponent simply took a five second violation after every time they scored.
Yeah. The FSU ladies 91 points today seems impressive until you see the UConn box score.

Gates deserved to lose because of those ugly uniforms.
Explains a lot down there.

florida-green-uniforms-the-swamp.jpg

For me the bad news is I haven't picked individual games well overall through three days (only 24 for 40). The good news is that all of my Final Four picks are already through to the Sweet Sixteen.

Heartbreak hangover in Houston today. Last second shots are killers.

For me the bad news is I haven't picked individual games well overall through three days (only 24 for 40). The good news is that all of my Final Four picks are already through to the Sweet Sixteen.

Amazingly even with the almost total blowing up of the South Region, I only have 11 wrong so far (and that counts the one wrong in the play in games as Mrs BFT and I both count those in our contest against each other).

I have gotten destroyed, but still have 7 of my final 8, including all 4 of my Final Four.

Last edited:
Just as a lark, instead of trying to pick my bracket with logic and facts, I chose sentimentality and followed my heart. I had Virginia losing the championship game....to Florida State.

Look like some kind of prognosticator now, huh? Maybe I should have asked the All-Knowing, All-Omniscient Ouija board.

Heartbreak hangover in Houston today. Last second shots are killers.

Davis is going to think about those two misses for a long time.

Matt Gasper‏@MattGKSNT
45 minutes after the game, Houston's Devin Davis (who missed two FT's with 4 seconds left) is on the court, alone at the FT line.

DYi7WjFU8AAylop.jpg

DYi7XvFUMAAjjWG.jpg

10:00 PM - 17 Mar 2018

Nice win for Purdue , I was feeling good about my Butler pick with their big man out, but the back up showed up for his team

What a crazy shot to put Mich State up at half over Syracuse. At the halftime buzzer, kid shot a three which was blocked, jumped up and caught the blocked shot and flung a prayer in the same motion. Bank is open. Boom!

ADVERTISEMENT