ADVERTISEMENT

The Walking Dead

What i don't get is they are literally surrounded by walkers, but when Glenn and Nicholas fall, they land on the pavement. Did the walkers move out of the way? Wouldn't they land on the walkers and inevitably be eaten from the back and front?

Reactions: Bartdog
Okay, so let's say Glenn survived....HOW did he survive? He falls, the 'jerk' is on top on him getting eaten. Glenn gets jerk's dead (but not DEAD DEAD) blood/guts on him.

The walkers don't notice Glenn slides away under the dumpster (did it have wheels? For some reason I feel like it was rolling/moving.). The walkers then walk away, not noticing Glenn underneath the dumpster (that would be a first...), and he escapes.

Yes, Glenn could be alive, but it would be pretty implausible, even by TWD standards!

BBBUUUTTT....check out IMBD. The actor that plays Glenn is listed as many times as is Rick. So, he's in more episodes (as the writers indicated in TTD), but that's a lot of flashbacks for Glenn to be in over the course of this season.

So, who knows.

Reactions: 75seminoles
Okay, so let's say Glenn survived....HOW did he survive? He falls, the 'jerk' is on top on him getting eaten. Glenn gets jerk's dead (but not DEAD DEAD) blood/guts on him.

The walkers don't notice Glenn slides away under the dumpster (did it have wheels? For some reason I feel like it was rolling/moving.). The walkers then walk away, not noticing Glenn underneath the dumpster (that would be a first...), and he escapes.

Yes, Glenn could be alive, but it would be pretty implausible, even by TWD standards!

BBBUUUTTT....check out IMBD. The actor that plays Glenn is listed as many times as is Rick. So, he's in more episodes (as the writers indicated in TTD), but that's a lot of flashbacks for Glenn to be in over the course of this season.

So, who knows.
The dumpster could have a sliding side door that Glenn could crawl through and close until the hoard moves on. Still doesn't seem he could survive what we saw, even if it was Nicholas' guts yanked out above him.

I don't think Glen survived. They will show him in flashbacks and then honor his character over the course of several episode for what his character meant to the viewers and the show.

I don't know if he's alive but i don't think TTD failure to do the memorial means anything. They don't have the answers, do they? Seems to me it just reflects what they theorized - which was that it's not 100% confirmed he's dead.

The whole notion of getting trapped by a herd of zombies out in the open is just silly. Just run around them. There's a reason they're called "walkers" and not "sprinters."

Reactions: dmm5157
The whole notion of getting trapped by a herd of zombies out in the open is just silly. Just run around them. There's a reason they're called "walkers" and not "sprinters."
Almost the entire show is silly and impossible. Like every episode when a walker "sneaks" up and bites someone. Or the simple fact that slow, dumb zombies would never be able to take over the world. I watch the show,but if you look at it with a critical eye there are massive holes all over the place. It's better to turn off your mind for 42min each week.

If he's not dead, it's ridiculous and while I'll still keep watching, a small amount of respect for the writers would be lost on my end.

This. Plus Glenn sucks, why do I care If they killed him off or not? As a matter of fact, I am rooting for it.

I'm not sure if I have ever seen Rick with that look in his eyes (when the rv wouldn't start and he saw the walkers approaching. It was a look of despair and fear he hasn't shown yet. At least not that I can recall; not that it means anything.

I'm not sure if I have ever seen Rick with that look in his eyes (when the rv wouldn't start and he saw the walkers approaching. It was a look of despair and fear he hasn't shown yet. At least not that I can recall; not that it means anything.

Wasn't that baby food the guy he killed had? Maybe he thinks Judith and Carl are dead?

I think that was the food that Aaron had with him in his backpack that helped convince Rick et al to come to Alexandria. The Wolves ended up with that backpack. Either way, you are right, he probably thinks they are dead. He hasn't looked like that since Lori....

You knew something was going to happen to Glenn before. When he said to Rick good luck asshole? Or stupid I don't remember what, but it was the samething he said to Rick when Rick was trapped in the Tank in Atlanta.

Glen is listed in 83 episodes the same as Rick through 2016 on IMDb. So unless they plan on flashing back every episode with him, I seriously doubt he's dead. He probably hides under the dumpster and waits for the Calvary.

Grady, I said this to someone else, and their response was that the producers lie about this to throw people off. No clue if that's true or not, but was interesting.

Going into last nights episode I thought it would just be a filler to get us to what happened to Glen and Rick next week. However while it was a filler I thought it was pretty good. Definitely kept me entertained and after all it did answer how Morgan became the zen master that he is now. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to next week.

I was bored out of my skull. Can't believe they wasted 90 precious Walking Dead storyline minutes to tell a story that could have been told in one segment.

Boo!!

Reactions: BraveSeminole10
I was bored out of my skull. Can't believe they wasted 90 precious Walking Dead storyline minutes to tell a story that could have been told in one segment.

Boo!!

Agreed. After the episode I was left thinking what the crap did I just watch for 90 minutes

Reactions: GoNolesTX
I liked it. I've been wanting to know what happened to Morgan. Not sure it needed to be 90 minutes and I still wanted to see the point where he came across Rick et al. Not killing the Wolf will cause more problems. Maybe he's going to leave him in there to die on his own.

RIP Tabitha

Boo!!

Having this episode after the time change was torture. I am not sure they added content in this show. It seemed they added 3-4 more commercials during breaks.

I am not sure anyone cared enough about Morgan to spend 90 min on the gap in his story timeline. There were some good moments and a little bit of returning back to the pilot episode of story telling between two people.

At the same time, the silliness had to get back in and Morgan was annoying.

Will be glad for them to get back to the present, but I figured Episode 1 would be a bit of foreshadowing that the season is going to have time jumps and flashbacks. Going to milk the "is Glenn Dead?" angle for a while.

Did we see the couple that Morgan let go in an encounter with Rick's group/Terminus/etc.?

Kinda tired of TWD skipping around in time and only following certain characters for entire episodes. It was an okay episode, I guess we are investing a lot in this Morgan character as if he will be a main character now, which I don't really like because he's pretty lame right with his thou shalt not kill attitude.

So the question is should I even bother watching or should I watch Homeland instead?

If you don't care much for Morgan and you skipped it, it would not affect your understanding for the rest of the season.

The show actually worsened my feelings towards Morgan. I liked him more before I watched that episode.
How awesome would it be if they kill him off one episode after his 90 minute feature episode? I would gain mad respect for the show if they had the balls to do that.

I wasn't sure what I thought at first. I knew it would be an unpopular episode once I realized all 90 minutes was going to be about Morgan's journey. After a while I really got into it, and it's one of my favorite episodes now.

I like that they spent the time to do an entire development of the character. I don't think it could have been a lot shorter. I think it all but required the slow change a the guy's house. Morgan was gone. Really gone. Worse than anyone in Rick's group has been as far as I can recall. But the guy saw redemptive potential, and he's a guy who knows when there really isn't any.

This is going to be the problem, though. The no kill rule may have worked for a guy living in the middle of nowhere with only a few zombies around. It can't work in Alexandria or a place like that. I thought the end was great when the Wolf was clear that the rules require him to kill Morgan and everyone else. It seems Morgan wanted to save someone like he was saved, but it's not possible when the subject is truly evil, and Morgan does not have the training or the solitude to try to turn the guy around. I found it fascinating that his mentor taught him how he came to believe "all life is sacred" but they never had to test the concept in real life. The failure of the principles, basically and/or in application, are going to put Alexandria in a bad spot. Hell, it already has based on all those Morgan let go.

I find it interesting that this episode is so contrary to the JSS one only a few weeks ago. JSS was a simple message that in the world in which they live, the number one creed is exactly what she said - Just Survive Somehow. That requires every person to be completely selfish and look out only for themselves. This week is about all life being sacred, which creates a whole set of other selfishness problems, like putting good people in danger because you can't kill someone who is trying to kill you and them.

The comparison, I think, is the method used to show the struggle of finding the middle ground, something Rick's group is always trying to find, but even with them the goal moves a lot. Think about the group dynamic a few years ago when they caught that dude who was trying to kill them but, I think, fell off the roof onto the spike. They saved him from walkers, patched him up and debated whether to kill him or exile him. Do you think that would happen this season? Morgan would be the only one saying to save the guy and Carol would likely walk up and shoot him.

I really liked the acting of Lenny and John Lynch. No way did it need to be 90 minutes, but I do like how they delved into the backstory.

This season is mostly about trying to save people that cannot be saved. If you go out of your way to save people it might (and in most cases in this show) does get you killed.

Eastman tries to save Morgan. Gets him killed.
Glenn tries to save Nicholas. Gets him killed. (probably)
Morgan lets all those Wolves run away. Could have gotten Rick killed.

This is the central theme of this season.

I didn't like how we the viewer were supposed to believe that Morgan was cured and became some Matrix type walk the earth type character in a few short days.

I really enjoyed the Eastman character. He had a compelling story, wish they didn't kill him off.

I enjoyed it too, and also liked Eastman. His "we're not built to kill" views were an interesting juxtaposition with all the killing and death in the new normal.

Reactions: FSUSarah
I can't remember, with the Glenn episode did they run out of ammo and then jump onto the dumpster? If so then how did Nicholas kill himself? If either had no ammo

73, your question is being asked by plenty. Some folks think Nicholas was in a dream sequence since he did run out of bullets. Who knows, but I would think that's a cheap way to resolve the issue.

I will have to watch that part again. I did not notice them running out. I know they were shooting a lot but the horde was advancing so fast it's not like they had to run out of ammo before they were overrun. I thought they jumped on dumpster because the zombies were just about on them, regardless of the ammo situation.

I liked it last night. I get the feeling that the timeline was a lot longer than just a few days. My guess is that those two were together for months or even longer. There seems to always be a character in the show who's still trying to hold onto the civility of humanity only to have that ripped away from them. The show really has been about how humanity reacts when all tenants of humanity are ripped away. Do we hold onto what makes us human or give into animal instinct. Rick and Carol have moved on to animal instinct, the woman who ran Alexandria has now given in, Morgan is doing his best to hold on after coming back from a complete mental break.

Reactions: FSUSarah
I will have to watch that part again. I did not notice them running out. I know they were shooting a lot but the horde was advancing so fast it's not like they had to run out of ammo before they were overrun. I thought they jumped on dumpster because the zombies were just about on them, regardless of the ammo situation.

I remember Glenn running out of ammo, but I'm not sure on Nicholas. I have heard about the dream sequence theory. That would be an easy cop-out by the writers.

The only dream sequence I will accept is Nicholas awakes from his daydream on top of the dumpster and in a panic shoots Glen in the head instead. :p

Reactions: LesClaypool
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT