ADVERTISEMENT

The Walking Dead

I really liked the acting of Lenny and John Lynch. No way did it need to be 90 minutes, but I do like how they delved into the backstory.

This season is mostly about trying to save people that cannot be saved. If you go out of your way to save people it might (and in most cases in this show) does get you killed.

Eastman tries to save Morgan. Gets him killed.
Glenn tries to save Nicholas. Gets him killed. (probably)
Morgan lets all those Wolves run away. Could have gotten Rick killed.

This is the central theme of this season.

I didn't like how we the viewer were supposed to believe that Morgan was cured and became some Matrix type walk the earth type character in a few short days.

I really enjoyed the Eastman character. He had a compelling story, wish they didn't kill him off.
Going by this, I bet Morgan's decision not to kill the Wolf will lead to either he or another main character's death.

Going by this, I bet Morgan's decision not to kill the Wolf will lead to either he or another main character's death.
I am going to go with this theory currently. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. That guy he captured is the same dude he met in the woods. He should have killed them then. He gets a second chance and will try and rehab him, but it sure seems like that will turn out to be a bad idea.

I liked it last night. I get the feeling that the timeline was a lot longer than just a few days. My guess is that those two were together for months or even longer. There seems to always be a character in the show who's still trying to hold onto the civility of humanity only to have that ripped away from them. The show really has been about how humanity reacts when all tenants of humanity are ripped away. Do we hold onto what makes us human or give into animal instinct. Rick and Carol have moved on to animal instinct, the woman who ran Alexandria has now given in, Morgan is doing his best to hold on after coming back from a complete mental break.
Yeah. I got the impression Morgan was there for many weeks. Maybe months. That's what sold me. You have a trained psychiatrist with all the time in the world to work on Morgan. I considered everything he did or said, and everything he didn't do or say, as part of the "treatment."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT