ADVERTISEMENT

The Walking Dead

Find it odd that they're going to do a special announcement for Glenn? Pretty weird, I agree I think it was a pretty intense episode. I would be curious what was lazy about the writing?

Find it odd that they're going to do a special announcement for Glenn? Pretty weird, I agree I think it was a pretty intense episode. I would be curious what was lazy about the writing?
some are holding out hope that the guts we saw being eaten belonged to Nicholas, (who fell on top of Glenn) and Glenn might be able to escape. I think that's a stretch.

Wasn't Morgan with the group? How did he make it back to Alexandria back so fast and the others are taking forever?

hey does anyone else try to follow on the storysync? I used to do it last season, but this year I can't even get it to load. Doesn't matter if it's the web site or app. I get the same thing for talkingdead.com. Is it just getting that much traffic?

[Just TE="nolesfan73, post: 1048832, member: 7746"]Find it odd that they're going to do a special announcement for Glenn? Pretty weird, I agree I think it was a pretty intense episode. I would be curious what was lazy about the writing?[/QUOTE]

Just continued use of carelessness and inconsistencies to set up their stories. Like the scene where the group with Michone climb over the fence one at a time until the last 2.

Or that Glen doesn't try to jump over fence to side that didn't have walkers along it. And how long were they standing on that dumpster with no bites?

The writers went for cheap thrills on this one.

And I don't think Glen is dead either. Again, cheap tricks. I went back and rewatched, think the intestines and such getting ripped out are the other guy. Telling sign is when Glen is screaming there isn't any blood coming out of his mouth even with all the gore of the zombies ripping the body apart.

Reactions: RTM58
I think Glen is alive and he's going to scoot backwards to an open basement window. I don't think that is lazy writing either, because, at this point, it hasn't been done (on the show). When T-Dog was killed, he was dead. When Dale was killed, he was dead. When Andrea was killed (we all celebrated), and she was dead. etc. etc. etc.

I've given up worying about the logic of a show about zombies....I just dive in and ride the emotions and characters of the episode. If I want logic, I'll watch the Discovery channel. ;)

Reactions: peezy28
I'm getting to the point of where I'm at with Game of Thrones. Don't know who that character will be but as soon as he/she is killed off I'm done. It is very well produced but tired of characters I'm somewhat invested in getting wacked.

I think Glen is safe but I don't know. Spoilers follow.

I don't think they would kill him off unless the actor demanded it or demanded too much money. The creators said their most stupid decision in the comics was to have Glen killed by Negan with a wire wrapped baseball bat. They've even hinted at this end for Glen in the series previously, but I honestly think he's too loved to kill off. I guess we'll see.

[Just TE="nolesfan73, post: 1048832, member: 7746"]Find it odd that they're going to do a special announcement for Glenn? Pretty weird, I agree I think it was a pretty intense episode. I would be curious what was lazy about the writing?

Just continued use of carelessness and inconsistencies to set up their stories. Like the scene where the group with Michone climb over the fence one at a time until the last 2.

Or that Glen doesn't try to jump over fence to side that didn't have walkers along it. And how long were they standing on that dumpster with no bites?

The writers went for cheap thrills on this one.

And I don't think Glen is dead either. Again, cheap tricks. I went back and rewatched, think the intestines and such getting ripped out are the other guy. Telling sign is when Glen is screaming there isn't any blood coming out of his mouth even with all the gore of the zombies ripping the body apart.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking there was walkers on all the sides, looks like I missed that..I thought they shoulda tried to get over the debris n go to the roof

Reactions: dmm5157
Legit question: did Michone and everyone else forget about how she used to walk with the walkers and use her two zombies to walk among them?

Or how they've used zombie blood before to walk past them?

Has so much time has passed that they've forgotten what works and what doesn't? Or maybe the writers forget, not sure which.

You guys complain about everything. It was an intense and fun episode. Loved every minute of it.
Also wondering did Rick get bit in the hand? He seems to be in a sh!tload of trouble in the RV with the mini horde heading his way

He didn't get bit but he may still lose his hand. He cut his hand when the small knife got lodged and broke off in the walkers head before he conveniently grabbed the huge machete out of the other Walker. Then he got zombie blood and brain matter all over that hand. So we MIGHT see a one handed Rick down the line. Remember it's not that the bite truthfully means much, they're already infected. But zombie bites and blood are ridiculously gross because they're rotting and have no immune system to fight contagious diseases so getting bit is very likely to cause ordinary infection which can kill you sans drugs.

Don't think Rick loses his hand. We've seen people get zombie blood in their mouth. Think it is only from bite that causes "zombie flu" which kills them. Glenn is listed for every episode this season, so I also believe he gets away. As for why he didn't jump the fence, re-watch it. Nicholas goes to jump and zombies show up on that side too.
Wife is worried about Rick, but writers have said this is a show about Rick's story, so if he dies show ends?

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Don't think Rick loses his hand. We've seen people get zombie blood in their mouth. Think it is only from bite that causes "zombie flu" which kills them. Glenn is listed for every episode this season, so I also believe he gets away. As for why he didn't jump the fence, re-watch it. Nicholas goes to jump and zombies show up on that side too.
Wife is worried about Rick, but writers have said this is a show about Rick's story, so if he dies show ends?

There were two sides to the fence (3rd side was against back of a building with a fire escape. The long side butted up against bushes, no walkers. The other side (where Glenn and Nicholas try to go to) had walkers.

It doesn't matter, of course, but that's what was shown. Instead we got bushes, which was probably to save some budget from showing walkers. But the fire escape was more annoying, I think. Seems like they could have easily reached it.

They could have tightened things up, but instead they let Glenn get himself trapped like a rat, when it seemed possible for them to both escape. Climbing fences really is not hard. There's no barbed wire or anything to keep them from making it over that side of the fence. As a matter of fact, there's barbed wire on the short side of fence they tried to jump over, but not the long side that butts up against the bushes. Again, lazy.

Below is the best image I could find online right now. It comes from the video clip below (7 second mark).

28uqqkn.jpg

Last edited:
My theory: Glenn is the Sophia of this season. The creators of the show seem to be giving enough hope to the audience that he is alive, he will show up in flashbacks and such and then as a walker in the midseason finale

Reactions: LesClaypool
You guys complain about everything. It was an intense and fun episode. Loved every minute of it.
Also wondering did Rick get bit in the hand? He seems to be in a sh!tload of trouble in the RV with the mini horde heading his way

Totally agree. Too much complaining about details when what we are discussing is a show about THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!! The show is much more entertaining and compelling than 95% of what is out there (which is why I only watch one or two shows at a time). Right now, I'm watching TWD and The West Wing on Netflix. So, life in TV land is okay for me.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Totally agree. Too much complaining about details when what we are discussing is a show about THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!! The show is much more entertaining and compelling than 95% of what is out there (which is why I only watch one or two shows at a time). Right now, I'm watching TWD and The West Wing on Netflix. So, life in TV land is okay for me.

haha, at this point I'm going to start nit picking even more just to bug you mindless watchers. :p

Every show establishes some basic rules that viewers accept to enjoy the show. TWD continues to redefine theirs week to week and season to season, that's all that many of us are starting to get tired of. At some points the survivors seem very confident, methodical, and tactical when dealing with the walkers. Other times, completely lost and behaving foolishly and carelssly.

At this point, to enjoy the show I'd have to turn into a zombie myself :D

Lately, the SNF games have been worse than TWD, but next week should be a better game (Broncos and Packers). Will be first time in a while I just DVR and watch TWD later rather than live.

Legit question: did Michone and everyone else forget about how she used to walk with the walkers and use her two zombies to walk among them?

Or how they've used zombie blood before to walk past them?

Has so much time has passed that they've forgotten what works and what doesn't? Or maybe the writers forget, not sure which.

My wife and I were saying this last night. Worked like a champ for Michone back in the day. I wonder why this has been complety abandon???

Also, Glen has to be dead. The camera angle was weird when he was eaten. They def lead you to believe that maybe it was the other dude being eaten. But regardless, there were HUNDREDS of walkers on top of them...no way he gets out of that.

Seeing Glen eaten leads one to believe that Rick might be next. Wonder how he gets out of his situation.

Wasn't Morgan with the group? How did he make it back to Alexandria back so fast and the others are taking forever?
I was wondering that last week too. On this week's "Previously on TWD...", Rick sends Morgan back just after he kills Carter, which I believe is just before the horn goes off. Then the rest decide to stick with the plan of herding walkers, which is modified when half the herd breaks off. Eventually, more opt to head back, but none of them took the beeline route that Morgan did. They either started out in a different direction or their paths were interrupted by walkers.

Last edited:
Will be first time in a while I just DVR and watch TWD later rather than live

If you choose to do that, turn off your phone and computer until you watch it. I tried that last night and almost had it spoiled for me by a jackass friend on Facebook. Luckily my wife warned me about it.

If you choose to do that, turn off your n.phone and computer until you watch it. I tried that last night and almost had it spoiled for me by a jackass friend on Facebook. Luckily my wife warned me about it.
Same here. I saw enough on FB to know that someone major was going down, but quickly clicked away before finding out who it was. There was still suspense, since Rick, Daryl, Glen, and Michonne were each in separate perils. I assumed Rick was safe, but incorrectly guessed that Daryl would be the victim when he split off on his own early on.

There were two sides to the fence (3rd side was against back of a building with a fire escape. The long side butted up against bushes, no walkers. The other side (where Glenn and Nicholas try to go to) had walkers.

It doesn't matter, of course, but that's what was shown. Instead we got bushes, which was probably to save some budget from showing walkers. But the fire escape was more annoying, I think. Seems like they could have easily reached it.

They could have tightened things up, but instead they let Glenn get himself trapped like a rat, when it seemed possible for them to both escape. Climbing fences really is not hard. There's no barbed wire or anything to keep them from making it over that side of the fence. As a matter of fact, there's barbed wire on the short side of fence they tried to jump over, but not the long side that butts up against the bushes. Again, lazy.

Below is the best image I could find online right now. It comes from the video clip below (7 second mark).

28uqqkn.jpg

I thought the same about the stairs at the side of the building. They could have spent a few minutes to unbolt the bottom part or taken it out of the video completely.

I don't think Glen is dead. I think the show a few years back where they figure out to be covered in guts will help Glen escape here. I also don't think they would have Glen die without any of the other main characters not see it.

Let me add that even thought I think Glen lives he will not be the same mentally.

Last edited:
I blame my wife for Glenn dying. She says "we haven't had a major character die in a while." and then Glenn "dies".

Of the 4 majors, Glenn, Daryl, Rick, Michonne obviously it was Glenn this time. But do you really think at this point they could/would kill Rick or Daryl? I am not very familiar with the graphic novels, but I do know Daryl isn't really character in the novels. Part of what we like is people is the risk of major characters dying, but are the fans too tied to them at this point?

He's dead. No way he got away from that many zombies on top of him while he is screaming.

The interesting part about Glen is that they will never know whet happened to him. All they know is he ran off with Nick to burn the feed store. How long is Maggie going to hold out hope he will return? At some point they will just accept he was lost during that stupid zombie herd idea of Rick's that wiped out half the town.

slight change of subject... Did anyone else notice a difference in Daryl's voice? Seemed less gravely, higher pitched to me.

Bucket of suck is right. Just finished it.

Like Desi, I'm questioning why they don't wear the walker guts anymore. It works. Last time it was used was Terminus. JUMP INTO THE BUSHES!!

I don't know where I sit on Glenn's fate. But I'm upset right now. To the end he believed in the redemption of people. Nicholas didn't deserve it. Talking Dead said we'll see Glenn again. But we just don't know how. Glenn was also not on "Those we lost" segment.

How did 3 black people make it through?? Busting the stereotype hahha!

WTF is Daryl doing? He has been useless for a season and a half. Maybe longer.

Rick Rick Rick. Now what the hell are you going to do?

He's dead. No way he got away from that many zombies on top of him while he is screaming.

The interesting part about Glen is that they will never know whet happened to him. All they know is he ran off with Nick to burn the feed store. How long is Maggie going to hold out hope he will return? At some point they will just accept he was lost during that stupid zombie herd idea of Rick's that wiped out half the town.

You may be correct and he could be spotted by one of the crew as a zombie. But there is no way they are going to have him just simply disappear without closure.

You may be correct and he could be spotted by one of the crew as a zombie. But there is no way they are going to have him just simply disappear without closure.
on the Talking dead there was a message from the producers that he would be seen, in one form or another, whole or part, in the future. they were very vague, could cover anything from surviving to someone finding his clothes.

I thought they foreshadowed Glenn's death when he pulled out his pocket watch - basically indicating his time was up! I remember they had a clock in the street when the group was trying to save Tyreese - and he eventually died. I want to go back and watch that scene with Glenn again.

I believe he is dead but it is interesting that he wasn't included in the memoriam section of TTD. Maybe he will make his way to Alexandria as a walker and Maggie will have to shoot him. Great season so far!

There's no way that is how they choose to kill Glenn. If he's going to die, its going to be something dramatic like it was in the comics. His death in the comics is still the most memorable of all of the deaths to me except for maybe the death of the baby (Which they chose not to do on the show). I agree with the theory, that he's covered in zombie guts and will be able to crawl away to the stairs. I do believe we'll be left thinking he's dead for a while.

There are a few characters who I see could die, but I think they're so well loved that their deaths have to be memorable. Those definitely include Glenn, Daryl, and Michonne. I don't believe Rick and Carl will ever die (As I think the story is basically about those two). In the next episode, Rick's RV will start up right before being overwhelmed and he'll drive away, leading the herd away from the town.

Rather than Glenn's death/lack of death, I'm more interested in the people who attacked the town. I was expecting Negan to show up soon, but these people don't act anything like Negan from the comics, so if it is Negan, they're going a far different route with him.

kc, do you buy the comics or is there a "resource" online to read them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT