ADVERTISEMENT

Things we "took for granted" pre virus?

Dr. Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
I know most of the things are silly in comparison to the seriousness of the virus...I hope to at the very least learn from this event to appreciate these things in the future.

Being "too busy" at work.
Having to go to the gym after work.
Having all my employees at work.
Wondering where I'd like to go to lunch/dinner.
Reading Warchant about sports that are actually happening.

Being able to go anywhere I choose whenver I choose.
Going to the gym
Flying for work
My 2nd grader's public school and teacher

The first of my list are the most important but I miss some of the others...

Seeing my dad everyday at his rehab center....he’s getting over losing my mom, he’s been on lockdown for weeks, talking over the phone is brutal...

Seeing my son...we’ve intentionally distanced but now he finds he was exposed by a co-worker, so that’ll be a few more weeks

Seeing my friends at Happy Hour hanging out on weekend nights in Lauderdale by the Sea, live music, etc

LA Fitness

Hanging out at Starbucks in the morning after working out...yeah, I’m that guy but I’m retired so I can..

Swimming in the ocean on a day like today....the pools nice, but something about the ocean

Traveling....anywhere...

Planning to travel....I don’t even want to ponder that now...sucks

Seeing my dad everyday at his rehab center....he’s getting over losing my mom, he’s been on lockdown for weeks, talking over the phone is brutal...

Seeing my son...we’ve intentionally distanced but now he finds he was exposed by a co-worker, so that’ll be a few more weeks

Seeing my friends at Happy Hour hanging out on weekend nights in Lauderdale by the Sea, live music, etc

LA Fitness

Hanging out at Starbucks in the morning after working out...yeah, I’m that guy but I’m retired so I can..

Swimming in the ocean on a day like today....the pools nice, but something about the ocean

Traveling....anywhere...

Oh that is tough with your Dad...my folks are in assisted living home and we can't visit them...talked with them yesterday...they have each other so doing ok. Sorry about your son as well.

Reactions: FSUDoles
Oh that is tough with your Dad...my folks are in assisted living home and we can't visit them...talked with them yesterday...they have each other so doing ok. Sorry about your son as well.

Thank you...if he meets the doctor’s requirements, we’ll bring him here while we’re locked down to transition him and see if he can return to self-reliance....if not....some rough seas ahead. The kid is asymptomatic so hopefully he has either had it, has it now with little issues....or didn’t get it at all....I’d be most happy with is he already had it....

Thank you...if he meets the doctor’s requirements, we’ll bring him here while we’re locked down to transition him and see if he can return to self-reliance....if not....some rough seas ahead. The kid is asymptomatic so hopefully he has either had it, has it now with little issues....or didn’t get it at all....I’d be most happy with is he already had it....

Yes that would be good if he had it and had no problems with it.
If you allow...how long ago did your mom die? I know this sounds morbid but I hope my dad goes before my mom...I thinks she could handle it much better than he will.

Yes that would be good if he had it and had no problems with it.
If you allow...how long ago did your mom die? I know this sounds morbid but I hope my dad goes before my mom...I thinks she could handle it much better than he will.

She passed peacefully 12/22/2019....I think he was in clear denial for several weeks.....confused at times, but functional. Then hallucinations kicked in, sleep patterns disrupted, was asking why I was at his condo the night before while he knew I was in North Carolina, and eventually he called 911 to report people in his home...there were none. They were married 64 years, together 66, just brutal....and now this....tough times.

She passed peacefully 12/22/2019....I think he was in clear denial for several weeks.....confused at times, but functional. Then hallucinations kicked in, sleep patterns disrupted, was asking why I was at his condo the night before while he knew I was in North Carolina, and eventually he called 911 to report people in his home...there were none. They were married 64 years, together 66, just brutal....and now this....tough times.

So sorry. I can only imagine. Thoughts and prayers.

Complaining about sitting in the cold during February HS baseball games
Waiting for a table
Not getting the seat you wanted in the movie theatre

I took for granted visiting with old friends at FSU baseball games, my normal routine was to circulate and chat with people some of whom I've known for 40+ years. I worry about the old timers like a 94-year mother of a former co-worker who would always get to games super early for the best handicap parking spot.

Reactions: goldmom
My Mom owned a hair salon so I grew up knowing how to do hair.
Now if only she had a nail salon!
The wife used to cut my hair until arthritis made that tough...GreatClips is closed...may have to see if she can try again
tenor.gif

travel. We were supposed to be going to Italy in 2 weeks. Then we decided to just head up to Blue Ridge instead. Nope, Fannin County says if you come from an area that has a stay-in-place order, you shouldn't come up.

travel. We were supposed to be going to Italy in 2 weeks. Then we decided to just head up to Blue Ridge instead. Nope, Fannin County says if you come from an area that has a stay-in-place order, you shouldn't come up.
Really?? Damn I was actually thinking going up to a cabin with the lady friend would be the perfect vacation soon to break up the monotony. So much for that.

Really?? Damn I was actually thinking going up to a cabin with the lady friend would be the perfect vacation soon to break up the monotony. So much for that.
yeah that would be a great place to go to get away from crowds, do some state park hiking, etc.

yeah that would be a great place to go to get away from crowds, do some state park hiking, etc.
The cabin company I used in Blue Ridge, Escape To Blue Ridge, seems to still be operating. Seems silly they wouldn’t let people come up. It’s not like a spring break type experience, the whole idea is isolation.

LA Fitness

Traveling....anywhere...

Very sorry about the loss of your mom and not being able to see your dad. My parents are both in their 80s so I’ve been staying away. The hard part is knowing with them being that age even though they’re in good health, I’ve got a limited amount of time left with them and this situation is cutting into that.

Reactions: FreeNole
Very sorry about the loss of your mom and not being able to see your dad. My parents are both in their 80s so I’ve been staying away. The hard part is knowing with them being that age even though they’re in good health, I’ve got a limited amount of time left with them and this situation is cutting into that.

Thank you. Dad got out yesterday and he’s staying with us for the foreseeable future. It’s a win win. All my best to your family.

T

The cabin company I used in Blue Ridge, Escape To Blue Ridge, seems to still be operating. Seems silly they wouldn’t let people come up. It’s not like a spring break type experience, the whole idea is isolation.
That's the one that manages our place. They are operating in minimum maintenance mode, just keeping an eye on things but no bookings.

Agree with you 100%. This type of getaway is just about perfect for these times.

Yelling at myself about cleaning up my garage
Motivating myself to get to the gym
Seeing my co-workers and just saying GOOD MORNING!
Seeing toilet paper on the shelves
Seeing my grandkids
For me, its seeing good quality toilet paper right next to me.
I had a major "breakthrough" with one ply toilet paper.:eek:
Lesson learned. You definitely get what you paid for.

Reactions: goldmom
We also had a great trip planned to Italy in early May. Really bummed that it turned out to be at one point one of the 4 worst countries in the world due to the virus. Not sure now if/when we will ever be willing to go there again.

Reactions: Bartdog
We also had a great trip planned to Italy in early May. Really bummed that it turned out to be at one point one of the 4 worst countries in the world due to the virus. Not sure now if/when we will ever be willing to go there again.
well the bright side is that I'm in Blue Ridge now (actually Morganton)! Georgia is starting to "open up."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT