ADVERTISEMENT

Tooth fairy

runkpanole

Seminole Insider
Nov 17, 2002
I just saw a picture on Facebook of a girl holding a handful of $20’s and it stated the tooth fairy was good to her. So, I know the usual $1 or maybe $5 is probably a lot different than when I was a kid. Is $100 the going rate for a lost tooth these days?

Always been a couple bucks in our family.

But there are always people that go overboard on stuff like this.

Agree, someone always has to go crazy and make others look bad. Screw it up for all of us.

Baby teeth just fall out, it's not like they are earning money for grades or something. We usually give random denominations like $2 bills a silver dollar totaling a couple bucks. She likes coins tho, for now.

My kid just lost another one and got $2. Some people just like to show off and make others feel bad.
Could be worse. You could be a gator mom...

UF%2Bredneck%2Bboys.jpg

Ok, I was afraid I missed the boat. I didn’t have my first kid until I was almost 33 and he hasn’t lost any teeth yet.

A couple bucks is standard. We went to $5, or maybe it was $10, when our daughter needed to have 4 teeth pulled by the dentist.

I got a dollar in the late 70s. Adjusting for interest that dollar is now four bucks and change. So we do a 5.

I just saw a picture on Facebook of a girl holding a handful of $20’s and it stated the tooth fairy was good to her. So, I know the usual $1 or maybe $5 is probably a lot different than when I was a kid. Is $100 the going rate for a lost tooth these days?
Congratulations! A tooth fell out of your mouth, here’s $100 for your hard work.

$1, $100, $1000 per tooth: I really don’t think it matters in the long run as long as it’s consistent among siblings.

Kid will most likely grow up to be attention seeking whore like the parents.

We gave our son gold $1 coins. On the special nights where he lost 2 teeth he got an additional $5 bill.

$5 for my kids. That was more than I got as a kid, but I figured with inflation since the 80's its about right.

Kids in the losing-teeth ages think golden dollars are cool, so you can save some dough by giving those. I used to get mine at the post office vending machines - they used them as standard change, so you could get a book of stamps, pay with a $20, and get 16 or so gold dollar coins (I don't know if post offices do that any more - the one by me removed its vending machine). It worked for all of my kids. UCLA is right; just make sure they all get the same thing. And, a dollar bill and a gold $1 coin are not the same thing to a six-year-old, at least not in my world.

Kids in the losing-teeth ages think golden dollars are cool, so you can save some dough by giving those. I used to get mine at the post office vending machines - they used them as standard change, so you could get a book of stamps, pay with a $20, and get 16 or so gold dollar coins (I don't know if post offices do that any more - the one by me removed its vending machine). It worked for all of my kids. UCLA is right; just make sure they all get the same thing. And, a dollar bill and a gold $1 coin are not the same thing to a six-year-old, at least not in my world.
We got ours at the Post Office. It's a cool Tooth Fairy token.

car change. look at there the tooth fairy gave you $1.31...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT