ADVERTISEMENT

Updates and interviews following Tuesday practice (Norvell, Douglas, Jay)

CoreyClark

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Dec 10, 2017
What's up, guys?
We're set to get Norvell and a few players here after practice. Should be somewhere between 11:30 and noon for the start, so hang tight and stay tuned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I thought we had a really good day of work. ... Thought our guys had good energy, bounced around. ... Got some good fundamental work, continuing to push and stay focused on the things that we can control."

On Milton: "He's someone I have a tremendous amount of respect for. A great competitor. ... Even more than what he does on the field on game day ... the importance of teammates, the importance of doing things to a high standard in all aspects ... we reached out to see what kind of interest and the things he was looking for ... I think he's a tremendous competitor and I think he has a great deal of talent mentally and physically and I think he'll be a tremendous asset to this team and this program."
Said he loves his willingness to compete. ... "I think it's a great fit in all aspects."

"I talked to all of our quarterbacks. Myself or Coach Dillingham about the thought process about adding another quarterback, especially one that is a graduate transfer. I wanted to have that communication. ... I think it's important that when you bring in a transfer it's got to check all the boxes. ... The positives of what they bring as a player but also as a person is critically important to what we're trying to establish."

"Competition makes you better, and that's something that we need. And that's something we're looking for at every position. I know our guys are excited about it, we added a great piece to this team."

"They understand, we're always going to try to enhance our team. Whether it's a transfer or a high school player. We had a thought of what it was going to look like moving forward and then situations changed. ... To be able to talk through to our quarterbacks and what that's going to mean ... those guys I think received it really well. ... We've got three quarterbacks that are sophomores or younger ... all of them have shown great moments. All of those guys have tremendous futures within this program. ... Anytime you can surround yourself with successful people and do it the right way it's always a positive." Said he was proud of how they handled the news.

On Wake Forest: "This is a very talented team. One that has played at a high level throughout the season." Said they had to miss multiple games, and were down a few players at Louisville. "They know how to attack offenses and they know how to attack defenses. ... we're going to have to play at a very high level."

Norvell says looking at Milton's medical records and history was all part of the process. "We'll continue to go through the procedures we need to do when we get him here in person. But we're very confident what his future is and the availability he'll have." Said he's rehabbed so hard and it shows what kind of heart he has.

"I think anytime great players choose to be a part of the program for the right reasons ... people take notice. It's coast to coast and even beyond. ... There's definitely a buzz that's kind of circulating around the country for the opportunity that's in front of us. ... I can tell you a lot of the kids we're recruiting, whether they're committed to us or not, there's an excitement about what's coming."

Norvell says Mastromanno should be available this week. "But I thought Tommy (Martin) was one of the unsung heroes of that game." Brings up Martin handling a bad snap and flipping the field with a punt. "I thought that was an extraordinary play."

That's a wrap for Norvell.

Ja'Khi Douglas is up next.

"It hasn't been that hard going from running back to receiver. ... It really wasn't that hard to going to another position, because the running back has to do everything outside the box, too."

"It's exciting to see other guys that have been waiting their time to play showcase their skills. ... I love seeing what they did this past Saturday."

"It feels great to get a chance to play again. ... We're maximizing our effort, giving each other great opportunities to play."

On the long TD: "During the course of the game we had been running the toss play. The secondary had just been committed to the toss and the run. So coach just said we're going to do this and it's going to be wide open."

On Milton: "I didn't know about him at first. Some teammates told me about him and I did some research on him. He's a great quarterback, a good guy, ... I can't wait to see him compete."

That's a wrap for Douglas.
Travis Jay is up next.

On his INT: "I have (made plays like that). You play basketball, it's like going up for a rebound ... I just read my keys and made the play."

"Since we've been having these weeks off, coming together as a team and understanding our jobs and what we have to do to win."

"Our main focus is Wake Forest. We have a game this week so that's what we're focusing on.... we're not worrying about a bowl game right now."

"You can ask any two-way athlete, playing basketball can help in a lot of ways of playing football. The IQ, the way the game speed is, me playing basketball really helped a lot with my eyes and stuff like that."

That's a wrap for Travis Jay.
And that's a wrap for today.

Thanks for being here. We'll have a live blog for the basketball game against GT tonight, so be ready for that. And also, of course, stay tuned tomorrow for all of our National Signing Day coverage.

Peace. Love.
Clark. Out.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News