ADVERTISEMENT

visiting this weekend, need a place to run long distance

durtynole

Freshman
Feb 4, 2004
Going to fit in (1) 8 mile run and (1) 13 Mile run this weekend while visiting. Plan to run around 6 am. Any good recommendations for safe areas to get these distances in?

Thanks in advance

Tom Brown Park
JR Alford greenway/Cadillac trail/Heritage trail
Miccosukee greenway
St. Marks trail(flat & paved)
Phipps/Maclay trail

Trailahassee.com

Going to fit in (1) 8 mile run and (1) 13 Mile run this weekend while visiting. Plan to run around 6 am. Any good recommendations for safe areas to get these distances in?

Thanks in advance

St Marks Trail
Miccosukee Greenway
the trails around Wakulla state park

Don't know where your hotel is, but I've away enjoyed starting at or near the B school. Lots of familiar sights.

Business school to TCC (Appleyard Dr.) along Tennessee, south to Pensacola, east to Monroe though Sorority Row, north to Tennessee, and west back to B school. To extend, you can add a loop at Ocala Rd. To shorten, you could turn at Ocala Rd instead of going to Appleyard Dr.

Don't know where your hotel is, but I've away enjoyed starting at or near the B school. Lots of familiar sights.

Business school to TCC (Appleyard Dr.) along Tennessee, south to Pensacola, east to Monroe though Sorority Row, north to Tennessee, and west back to B school. To extend, you can add a loop at Ocala Rd. To shorten, you could turn at Ocala Rd instead of going to Appleyard Dr.

Dang, that's a pretty hilly route...impressive.

What's the name of the place on Apalachee Parkway East where they hold the high school 5K events? They fly model planes out there too. It's on the north side of the road by Capital Heights Church.

What's the name of the place on Apalachee Parkway East where they hold the high school 5K events? They fly model planes out there too. It's on the north side of the road by Capital Heights Church.
Apalachee Regional Park?

Im staying near Apalachee and Blairstone. I figure I will just run to the stadium and back and that will give me about 8 miles. For my 13 miler i will go to the stadium and then go around campus and back. Thanks for the advice!

Im staying near Apalachee and Blairstone. I figure I will just run to the stadium and back and that will give me about 8 miles. For my 13 miler i will go to the stadium and then go around campus and back. Thanks for the advice!
Remember, a .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 at the house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT