ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Dead

travnole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Chief Osceola Burial Site
Killing yourself is selfish, but killing yourself by slitting wrists is really selfish. Do you want to come back and kill your neighbor? Or maybe the townies have no clue since Deanna couldn't hit her walker in the head.

They sure are teasing about Glenn still being around or not. IMO he's not.

I guess they are all in for the others returning and luring the mob away. But if that doesn't happen, they need to start taking turns at the wall with long poles taking out walkers. Or what kind of damage would a circular saw on a rope do? Or weedeater? Those would tear through the decaying heads out there. Heck dropping bricks or cinder blocks or anything heavy for that matter would kill them.

How about going out the back door? Or are we to believe that walkers have surrounded the entire compound even though there would be no reason for a mob to have appeared from the other side.

Was that a crack in fence at end?

Killing yourself is selfish, but killing yourself by slitting wrists is really selfish. Do you want to come back and kill your neighbor? Or maybe the townies have no clue since Deanna couldn't hit her walker in the head.

They sure are teasing about Glenn still being around or not. IMO he's not.

I guess they are all in for the others returning and luring the mob away. But if that doesn't happen, they need to start taking turns at the wall with long poles taking out walkers. Or what kind of damage would a circular saw on a rope do? Or weedeater? Those would tear through the decaying heads out there. Heck dropping bricks or cinder blocks or anything heavy for that matter would kill them.

How about going out the back door? Or are we to believe that walkers have surrounded the entire compound even though there would be no reason for a mob to have appeared from the other side.

Was that a crack in fence at end?

It kinda looked like blood dripping on the fence, but I couldn't make it out because it was so dark.

and agree about thinning out the herd outside the wall. Again, they did that at the prison, not sure why they forget what they've already done. Odd.

I was wondering the same thing, seemed like there was a crack in wall.

Average episode for sure.

Reactions: dmm5157
Taking turns "thinning the herd" from the top of the fence would be a great way for the townies to get exposure to the walkers and develop a skill set they could use.

Instead the tactic is to just sit tight until the fence collapses.

20 people x 30 kills/hour = 4800 in 8 hours.

Support staff on inside is moving the kill stations down the fence when needed to avoid pileup

That mob could be gone in a few days at worst killing them one by one.

Reactions: ericram and dmm5157
Seems as though that town really needs someone with a background in business management/strategic operations that also owns a deer lease and knows how to aim and kill.

Without spending 90 minutes a week with backstories, maybe some background info would help? At this point, it seems as though the pre-existing townfolk are all about useless in anything besides building a fence.

Taking turns "thinning the herd" from the top of the fence would be a great way for the townies to get exposure to the walkers and develop a skill set they could use.

Instead the tactic is to just sit tight until the fence collapses.

20 people x 30 kills/hour = 4800 in 8 hours.

Support staff on inside is moving the kill stations down the fence when needed to avoid pileup

That mob could be gone in a few days at worst killing them one by one.

Don't bring math to the Walking Dead! I already got scolded for that! ;)

Terrible episode. Boring. Nothing happened. Not sure what the significance of the bleeding fence is, since it was the last shot of the episode I'm assuming it is supposed to be important, but it was vague and unclear. I guess it just means the fence is starting to give way, SHOCKING.

Reactions: nynole1
Sorta wish it was a hot chick instead of the Dr. Wannabe

Speaking of...what was the deal with the gunk she extracted from the guys knee??

She seemed to of had a moment after she did it, and then felt confident enough to go steel a smooch homegirl.

So, Rick is teaching the kid to shoot who:
- Had his father killed by Rick;
- Is having his mother banged by Rick (unbeknownst to him at this point, but everyone in town saw that one coming); and
- Had his girlfriend stolen by Rick's son.
What could go wrong?

On a side point, what's the big deal about people needing to be "taught" to use a gun? Everyone should have the basic knowledge, seems that all that would be necessary is a couple minute once-over with a particular weapon to identify how the safety works and loading/unloading procedures.

Ron (emu kid) has some definite ulterior motives. No way he cares about "saving" Caaaroool. That fight between those two was so piss poor choreographed it was not funny.

So things we knew:

Lesbian chick would hook up with new doctor chick
Rick and Jessie would hook up
Maggie was prego
Deanna's other son is a douchbag loser thief coward
The Alexandria town people are worthless and not worth saving

Slow episode. Why is the wall bleeding? Why was Rosita crying? Why don't these moron town people know how to kill zombies by now?

I agree, they can easily thin this herd at the wall in a few short days.

A couple things mentioned on Talking Dead that weren't in the show or clearly explained:

- The walker in the house that Jessie finished off was the wife of the guy who wrote the note that Michonne refused to deliver. Committed suicide.

- There were supposed to be a couple more sewer walkers who would turn out to be former Alexandrites who were cast out and were trying to sneak back in.

The townies are pathetic. They had the sense to build this massive wall but don't appear to know who or what they were protecting themselves from the entire time.

Rick should just kill that kid before he gets any ideas. Or Carl.

And what was with battle tested Maggie about to be taken out by a single mushy walker?

Reactions: nynole1 and dmm5157
The show was terrible.

I have always liked the Kung Fu genre and very excited about next weeks premier of Into the Badlands.

Rick early in episode: we need to be as quiet as possible.
Rick later in episode: here ya' go kid, shoot some of those excitable zombies with my .45.
As much as I would love to pile on, Rick took all the bullets out of the gun for him to practice aiming.

Reactions: DanC78
Those sewer walker were nasty. I think the reason Maggie was having such a hard time was because it was just a ball of goo/mush.

Rosita was up there crying because she is scared for Abraham who is still out there.

I want Cawrrrll gone. He's such a bitch.

Hopefully the townies will stop being such babies and learn some walker killing skills. Deanna has really set them all for failure...and now that is settling in.

Bleh episode.
Glenn is gone, they're simply teasing the fans at this point

I'm sure my comic memory is getting confused with the tv show memory, but I thought we already knew Maggie was pregs. My wife hasn't read the comic and she had this same feeling. I don't recall ever saying anything to her about it in relation to the comic, but maybe i did.

A couple things mentioned on Talking Dead that weren't in the show or clearly explained:

- The walker in the house that Jessie finished off was the wife of the guy who wrote the note that Michonne refused to deliver. Committed suicide.

- There were supposed to be a couple more sewer walkers who would turn out to be former Alexandrites who were cast out and were trying to sneak back in.

Another one was Glenn telling Maggie to stay when he was leaving in the first episode. I didn't catch it but he must have known about the pregnancy.

I'm sure my comic memory is getting confused with the tv show memory, but I thought we already knew Maggie was pregs. My wife hasn't read the comic and she had this same feeling. I don't recall ever saying anything to her about it in relation to the comic, but maybe i did.
This was the first it was revealed. They hinted at it earlier in the season.

Bleh episode.
Glenn is gone, they're simply teasing the fans at this point

Chances that it's Glenn's blood coming thru the fence? He somehow, miraculously, escaped the 300 walkers, made it back to Town and got bludgeoned against the fence by 2000 walkers... seems to follow the show's logic so far.

Yeah I wanted to see that. Instead we are left to believe he jumped out the window and ran all the way back. Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

It could end up being a flashback episode. That was to big of a moment for the show to simply ignore....one would think at least.

Still no one knows what was going on with the gunk the doctor extracted from the guy's knee??

It could end up being a flashback episode. That was to big of a moment for the show to simply ignore....one would think at least.

Still no one knows what was going on with the gunk the doctor extracted from the guy's knee??
Medically speaking, he has an infection. The process with a wound is to extract the infection and allow fresh blood to flow into the area to promote healing. She extracted the puss.

I thought the gunk was just puss and stuff from the necrotic tissue, I don't think anything other than that..As far as the fence bleeding I just think it's the pressure coming through rivets on the fence and walkers being pushed through..Glenn is dead people need to give up on it haha

They pretty much just ignored Rick's hand injury too. I love the show. But, that episode didn't advance the story much at all.

I don't know about "ignored", you're talking a couple of hours in real time not days I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT