ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

Oh if we're doing THAT we'll...
anyone else see the article on seccountry comparing the uf and FSU coaching hires? it popped up on my google this morning. no surprise, but it makes it seem like FSU hired a pinto while uf hired a cadillac.
why you giving them clicks, Pawwwwwwwwl?

Reactions: FSUTribe76
anyone else see the article on seccountry comparing the uf and FSU coaching hires? it popped up on my google this morning. no surprise, but it makes it seem like FSU hired a pinto while uf hired a cadillac.

I did. We’ll see. Afterall that revered Miss State team that beat the Corndogs and held tough with Bammer, also got DESTROYED by Jawja, barely eeked out a win against an Arkansas that fired its coach and lost to Ole #iss when they are down.

So per the new Unconquered Podcast, Jimbo tried to fire Kelly last year and Wilcox wouldn’t let him due to the buyout and because the money was being allocated to a golf course upgrade. Interesting info.

Funny, I still remember this from summer of ‘16:

“Florida State is a great place to coach,” Kelly, fighting back tears, said late December when asked about why he stayed with the Seminoles. “Tallahassee is a great place to live. Jimbo Fisher has been very loyal to me.”

Theres a small discussion on it in the other thread.

Ah. WTH! There are TWO Daryl/Darrell Dickeys?
I think they're Larry's brothers...

Larry-Darryl1.jpg

Ah. WTH! There are TWO Daryl/Darrell Dickeys?

The one with a Y led a stellar trail of interesting QBs, Chris "Sleeping In" Rix, Adrian "Got Yo Check" McPherson, Wyatt "God" Sexton, Drew "I was here 4 years and still didn't get a nickname" Weatherford and Xavier "You can give me 5 stars, but you can't cut my hair" Lee. Dude was Jeff Bowden's right hand man. What could go wrong?

The one with a Y led a stellar trail of interesting QBs, Chris "Sleeping In" Rix, Adrian "Got Yo Check" McPherson, Wyatt "God" Sexton, Drew "I was here 4 years and still didn't get a nickname" Weatherford and Xavier "You can give me 5 stars, but you can't cut my hair" Lee. Dude was Jeff Bowden's right hand man. What could go wrong?
Wow. You just gave me heartburn. Thanks for the memories.
In all honesty, those were good talents, but lawsey did they get sent down the wrong road.

Talk on Twitter is Leavitt is staying at Oregon. We'll see.

If he decides to stay at Oregon he can negotiate and announce it immediately. Every day we get closer to their bowl the closer we are to formally negotiating with him.

So per the new Unconquered Podcast, Jimbo tried to fire Kelly last year and Wilcox wouldn’t let him due to the buyout and because the money was being allocated to a golf course upgrade. Interesting info.

So according to Fisher, Fisher tried to fire Kelly after getting him a monster raise and they wouldn't let him. Sounds like a Fishy Fisher story, ie Fake News.

Defensive coordinator Charles Kelly also received a hefty pay raise to $833,000, up from his 2015 salary of $583,000, a 42.8% increase, the largest of any assistant coach. Kelly will see another slight increase of $25,000 following each of the next two seasons, raising his salary figure to $858,000 in 2017 and $883,000 in 2018, which is what he will receive for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

So well obviously know more about the staff after Oregon’s bowl game but what say the LR faithful if we land zero of Oregon’s coaches? It was thought that Taggart was gonna bring along the coaches that know FL. So far Cristobal is the new Oregon coach and Leavitt is being shady about it. Will the Taggart hire not be as great as originally thought? Meanwhile we’ve already lost two coaches to aTm.

So well obviously know more about the staff after Oregon’s bowl game but what say the LR faithful if we land zero of Oregon’s coaches? It was thought that Taggart was gonna bring along the coaches that know FL. So far Cristobal is the new Oregon coach and Leavitt is being shady about it. Will the Taggart hire not be as great as originally thought? Meanwhile we’ve already lost two coaches to aTm.
I'm beginning to get nervous. Jimbo's doing a much better job of building a staff in CS than he did here. Meanwhile, Weinke goes to UT and the early signing period is just days away. I need to borrow a paper bag from @NoleFan2U.

Reactions: NoleFan2U
I'm beginning to get nervous. Jimbo's doing a much better job of building a staff in CS than he did here. Meanwhile, Weinke goes to UT and the early signing period is just days away. I need to borrow a paper bag from @NoleFan2U.

Have you seen Weinke's track-record as a coach so far? Yeah, not a big loss for us there. Leavitt's (and I'm assuming the other Oregon coaches') situation is all contractual. It's one thing for A&M to pony up the $$$ needed to buyout the assistants. It's another for FSU to do the same. Just relax.

Have you seen Weinke's track-record as a coach so far? Yeah, not a big loss for us there. Leavitt's (and I'm assuming the other Oregon coaches') situation is all contractual. It's one thing for A&M to pony up the $$$ needed to buyout the assistants. It's another for FSU to do the same. Just relax.
th

I'll try.

Sucks to hear about Weinke. I was hoping he'd make it here once I'd heard he was coaching IMG yrs ago. I've often wondered, just for fun, what it'd look like if we had an all FSU staff. Pretty tough and some reaches here, any other former fsu players turned coaches out there?

Head Coach- Edgar Bennett (Green Bay)
OC- Bloomgren (Stanford)
QB- Weinke (UT)
WR- Dugans (UM)
RB- Bennett (Green Bay)
TE- Clint Trickett (FAU)

DC- Odell
DT- Odell
DE- Derek Nicholson (Southern Miss)
LB- Derrick Brooks (Pipedream)
CB- Terrell Buckley (MSU)
S- Dexter Jackson (Clark U)

ST-

Staff- Sean Maguire, Bryan Stork, Deion

Sucks to hear about Weinke. I was hoping he'd make it here once I'd heard he was coaching IMG yrs ago. I've often wondered, just for fun, what it'd look like if we had an all FSU staff. Pretty tough and some reaches here, any other former fsu players turned coaches out there?

OC- Bloomgren (Stanford)
QB- Weinke (UT)
WR- Dugans (UM)
RB- Bennett (Green Bay)
TE- Clint Trickett (FAU)

DC- Odell
DT- Odell

ST-

How about Clay Shiver...Boca Christian HC??

How many Christmas cards do you guys and gals get / receive each year. Just curious.

We send 100 and receive 50-60 a year.

OC- Bloomgren (Stanford)
QB- Weinke (UT)
WR- Dugans (UM)
RB- Bennett (Green Bay)
TE- Clint Trickett (FAU)

DC- Odell
DT- Odell

ST-

The reports on Weinke were premature apparently he’s not going to Tenn. Also we picked up Telly Lockette which I think is a great “get”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT