ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

UCF scores and gets the opponent's offense back on the field quickly.

Agreed. I have no doubt that WT is a bit of a victim of unrealistic expectations. Even I was optimistic we would be 10-2 or maybe better. That is likely the optimist in me. It is clear now that this seasons success will be measured by improvement; not wins and losses. I just hope we somehow keep the bowl and winning seasons streak alive. IMO that is not too much to ask. I think FSU fans and myself included need to remember this team was 2-6 on Nov. 11th last year. The roster is not that different and nothing was really done or even could have been done to address the glaring issue we have had for several years. If we play like we have this year at this time then we should be very concerned. If somehow we win 6 or 7 games and show improvement then it is obvious things are moving in the right direction. I know how on earth do we win that many games? I get it, but no one expected us to be this bad either. Go NOLES

source.gif

Agreed. I have no doubt that WT is a bit of a victim of unrealistic expectations. Even I was optimistic we would be 10-2 or maybe better. That is likely the optimist in me. It is clear now that this seasons success will be measured by improvement; not wins and losses. I just hope we somehow keep the bowl and winning seasons streak alive. IMO that is not too much to ask. I think FSU fans and myself included need to remember this team was 2-6 on Nov. 11th last year. The roster is not that different and nothing was really done or even could have been done to address the glaring issue we have had for several years. If we play like we have this year at this time then we should be very concerned. If somehow we win 6 or 7 games and show improvement then it is obvious things are moving in the right direction. I know how on earth do we win that many games? I get it, but no one expected us to be this bad either. Go NOLES
We have a tough schedule but I agree there is no earthly reason to be bowl eligible.

Anything less than 8-4 is a poor showing for coaches and players.

We have a tough schedule but I agree there is no earthly reason to be bowl eligible.

Anything less than 8-4 is a poor showing for coaches and players.

Disagree based on this o-line and schedule difficulty that we should easily have been bowl eligible this year. Making a bowl game would be success from what we saw the first games. Last year’s squad was terrible. We just had such a very easy schedule Including a terrible UF team. Even then, it took beating Wake Forest on a bomb with one minute left, Cuse having their QB get hurt, and rescheduling ULM to keep streak alive on life support.

With Va Tech and Samford not looking so great, we just are not good. But this team showed improvement yesterday so that is a good sign.

This year’s schedule is brutal.

Only good thing I see is Louisville is way down. But it is on the road.
Miami is way better on the lines and game is on the road.
Wake Forest beatable at home but they are way better than Samford or NIU.
Clemson is clear number 2 and even better this year.
NC State at CF is always sketchy and they are good 3-0 squad.
Get Notre Dame on the Road on a year they are loaded.
BC at home but they appear better than the team that killed us last year.
UF sad to say is better than last year based on last nights performance and Kentucky emerging as good team.

I would do backflips if we could go 4-4 these remaining 8 games. The only path I see is beating Louisville, Wake, BC and UF. Clemson ND are very low odds. Miami game seems poor odds to. But no way we only drop 2...

Next game vs Louisville is key to bowl streak. We drop that and we are really running out of room. We win and maybe it gives confidence to pull upset at Miami

Last edited:
Disagree based on this o-line and schedule difficulty that we should easily have been bowl eligible this year. Making a bowl game would be success from what we saw the first games. Last year’s squad was terrible. We just had such a very easy schedule Including a terrible UF team. Even then, it took beating Wake Forest on a bomb with one minute left, Cuse having their QB get hurt, and rescheduling ULM to keep streak alive on life support.

With Va Tech and Samford not looking so great, we just are not good. But this team showed improvement yesterday so that is a good sign.

UF sad to say is better than last year based on last nights performance and Kentucky emerging as good team.

I would do backflips if we could go 4-4 these remaining 8 games. The only path I see is beating Louisville, Wake, BC and UF. Clemson ND are very low odds. Miami game seems poor odds to. But no way we only drop 2...

Next game vs Louisville is key to bowl streak. We drop that and we are really running out of room. We win and maybe it gives confidence to pull upset at Miami

Agree completely and great point on our schedule last year. I also think that having a true freshman start may have had us look at that as the issue. Throw in realizing that our coach was looking to leave and the way we lost close games 1 after the other; it just seemed to be a perfect bad storm. We got some breaks against NIU; which is often just being in the right place and paying attention; hopefully that continues.
Quick question where were the officials from for the game against NIU? I am not saying that matters in future games; but I just don't think ACC officials know much about football and a bad call on a big play seems to mess with this teams head more than it should.

Reactions: noleclone2
Just checked this because I knew it was bad, but did not realize just how bad: in four games we have scored a total of 3 points in third quarter. 3. Which came yesterday, after having our way on offense in the first half. Even against VaTech Cuse and Samford in second quarter we begin making some drives and finding our way. Then look like dog poop in third quarter on offense.

If we have any hope of making a bowl, that has GOT to stop. We should be coming out with adjustments and ways to counter their defense and instead the defenses we are up against are shutting us down bigly in third 1/4. That is where we are dying all season. And this is something that is on the coaching staff’s shoulders. On the offensive side, the opposing defense’s coach is out adjusting us

Huh...after yesterday, and taking in the entire season so far for all those teams, the schedule isn't THAT daunting. Outside of Clemson, every game is winnable (mainly due to those other teams' ineptness as well). Yes, we're not good, but neither are those other teams (and I'm including Miami in this until they actually beat a real team).

Huh...after yesterday, and taking in the entire season so far for all those teams, the schedule isn't THAT daunting. Outside of Clemson, every game is winnable (mainly due to those other teams' ineptness as well). Yes, we're not good, but neither are those other teams (and I'm including Miami in this until they actually beat a real team).
I mean sure, we have a chance to beat everyone. My counter would be we have a chance to not beat anyone left on schedule. Love to be wrong. Here is how Massey sees it (not one game does it favor us in):

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2666&s=300937

And here we go, with the "everything's fine, nothing to see here" posts. Yah, I am feeling SOOOO dominant, having chalked up a victory versus Northern Illinois to go with our squeaker over Samford. Samford, not Stanford. VT and Syracuse sodomized us...the same VT that just dumped to Old Dominion.

Our defense is soft, and our offense is archaic (although it has a new name). Enjoy!

Just checked this because I knew it was bad, but did not realize just how bad: in four games we have scored a total of 3 points in third quarter. 3. Which came yesterday, after having our way on offense in the first half. Even against VaTech Cuse and Samford in second quarter we begin making some drives and finding our way. Then look like dog poop in third quarter on offense.

If we have any hope of making a bowl, that has GOT to stop. We should be coming out with adjustments and ways to counter their defense and instead the defenses we are up against are shutting us down bigly in third 1/4. That is where we are dying all season. And this is something that is on the coaching staff’s shoulders. On the offensive side, the opposing defense’s coach is out adjusting us

At the start of any given season FSU football should not use bowl eligibility as a standard over which to be doing back flips.

I'm okay with a blip and won't stop being a fan no matter what.... however 2 straight years of marginal ability to be even .500 is unacceptable for this program.

At the start of any given season FSU football should not use bowl eligibility as a standard over which to be doing back flips.

I'm okay with a blip and won't stop being a fan no matter what.... however 2 straight years of marginal ability to be even .500 is unacceptable for this program.
Agree, Jimbo left the program in shambles.

I was surprised, probably shouldn't have been, to learn our team's academic rank in Jimbo's last year was dead last among P5.
That's inexcusable.
Yep. They quit. Including on recruiting. No matter what happens we can all agree that thank goodness WT swooped in with a top 10 class. It was in shambles.

Reactions: NoleinATL

Pretty sure no Nole fan disagrees with you.

I mean sure, we have a chance to beat everyone. My counter would be we have a chance to not beat anyone left on schedule. Love to be wrong. Here is how Massey sees it (not one game does it favor us in):

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2666&s=300937

I don't disagree. I'm just saying that the games are winnable (sans Clemson) because of how those other teams are playing, too. Yeah, FSU doesn't strike fear in anyone and is capable of losing every game from here on out, but with any improvement at all (and a D that can help keep them in the game each week) it's a possibility given the opponents aren't really world-beaters either.

Reactions: noleclone2
Before the season, tickets to the FSU-Louisville game were starting at $70-80 a pop. As of this morning, they're down to $24 (including fees).

Apparently, no one has an appetite for watching two 2-2 teams battle it out for fifth place in the ACC Atlantic Division.

Just putting it out there for general consumption: We open as a 5.5-point favorite over Louisville.
Seems about right. I watched them in person @UVa and, though they started the freshman at QB, there wasn't a ton of things to make an FSU fan worry.

They rely on size, not a lot of speed on either side of the ball. Lots of swing passes and trap runs. The thing is that Petrino gets so hard-headed about what "should work" that he'll keep running things that aren't working...like a poker player on tilt.

Their D has some big boys up front, played decent but got no help from the offense.

#100pagesnatty2

I was surprised, probably shouldn't have been, to learn our team's academic rank in Jimbo's last year was dead last among P5.
That's inexcusable.

Wow, surprised at that as well. Add another reason to cheer against him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: billanole
#100pagesnatty2

Wow, surprised at that as well. Add another reason to cheer against him.
The guy is not a nice person, and nobody with decency would want their kid to associate with his skit.
Jim Bob is a symptom of the times...or a result. He is what happens in the out of control that is big sports.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT