ADVERTISEMENT

What’s a really bad show you have stayed with too long?

Did you like it and then it got bad for you or have you always thought it was bad? This show I am talking about has been bad from the start.

For me, the first season of Walking Dead was m amazing, but every year it not as good. I am ready for them to wrap it up.
I never liked it much but a good question.

Shameless- Fioana kept me watching. Anytime she is in her panties, it's worth a watch. That and Frank...he's funny. I had suffer through a lot of in your face LGBT activism though.

Orange is the New Black faded quickly.

I gave up on Sons of Anarchy. I heard it ended badly.

SoA definitely fizzled. Could have been a season, or two, shorter. And definitely skip the season they go to Ireland.

Reactions: nynole1
Heroes. Kept waiting for it to return to season 1 form. You know, the one where everyone was talking about it and it was nominated for 8 emmys. Was just so terrible and slow. Bloodlines 2-3 brought back the same sad feeling.

I believe the reason Season 3 was not great was it was rushed. That series was supposed to go much longer than 3 season, but it got canceled( upcoming seasons) so they had to throw everything in the last season.

Correct, the writers had enough material for 5 or 6 seasons when the cancellation notice came, so everything was rushed and thrown together to try to tie up all loose ends, and throw in what the writers thought would add to the already going story lines .

Reactions: Nole Daddy
56fc3a11d95a9b44dabf22ca2dc56b670541c3f5

Another vote for Walking Dead and Homeland. I don't even watch The Walking Dead now, just have my parents recap it for me when they watch it.

Homeland was decent tonight, although terribly unbelievable. Then again show has never been believable.

Anyone watching Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland? I really like him as an actor and I followed him to this show. It had potential but has really had some bad storylines/ writing. Now his wife died and I’m not sure that was a good idea. They could have just replaced the wife who was leaving for another show with a different actress.

I’m also a Survivor fan, and watching again this season.
I though Lost was real good (sure it had some bad storylines but what show doesn’t). Overall it got an A in my book. For comparison Breaking Bad gets an A+.

We're currently enjoying Designated Survivor and The Good Doctor. Freddie Highmore is amazing.

True Blood went to crap when the fairies showed up. I gave up. Even all the hot naked chicks couldn't keep me interested. Seems like everyone in the show turned out to be a vampire, werewolf, shape shifter or fairy.

Agreed on Orange is the New Black, although I did bail on that somewhere in season 3. That's one of those shows that really needed a limited run and to stay focused on the main character. It's one of those shows they decided to milk and keep going and the storylines got absurd. Once they had them all go to a private prison and start making lingerie I bailed at that point. It had completely lost it's focus. I enjoyed it when it was a show about a woman having to come to grips with being in prison and her fight to stay who she was and get out. I wanted to see the storylines about family, how that held on, and then how she dealt once she was released after a few years and also have some great side characters along the way. At some point it decided to just become a slightly absurd show about women in prison and lost it's plot.

Reactions: seminole97
Heroes. Kept waiting for it to return to season 1 form. You know, the one where everyone was talking about it and it was nominated for 8 emmys. Was just so terrible and slow. Bloodlines 2-3 brought back the same sad feeling.

Heroes is still my all time worst drop off from Season 1 to Season 2. We went from it being maybe our favorite show to completely bailing like 2-4 episodes into the second season.

When they didn't kill off Syler at the end of season one, which I think was a last minute decision, they pretty much blew the whole thing I think. It's also possible that all the magic of the show was in the "discovery" of powers phase, and maybe it never was going to maintain, but they sure steered it straight into the iceberg at full throttle.

Scorpion. The wife likes it, so I was forced to watch the first two seasons. Then I realized it was actually lowering my IQ (that way I could believe the characters were really jean-you-us).

Scorpion. The wife likes it, so I was forced to watch the first two seasons. Then I realized it was actually lowering my IQ (that way I could believe the characters were really jean-you-us).

Yeah, as much as I like looking at Katherine McPhee, the episode in the first season where they were driving underneath a flying plane and connecting a laptop to it, I was out.

Last edited:
Blossom was good the first couple seasons, then got too preachy for my taste.

I love this show. Usually have office work on Thursday/Friday. Put that on dvr and it is a great mindless hour. Plus I get a total kick out of the crap they make up. Dude goes into space without a space suit but somehow figures out how to get back. Awesome.

I love this show. Usually have office work on Thursday/Friday. Put that on dvr and it is a great mindless hour. Plus I get a total kick out of the crap they make up. Dude goes into space without a space suit but somehow figures out how to get back. Awesome.
Plus Walter O'Brien, the real guy, is one of the producers, and looks just like the actor <insert sarcasm font>. He is a master at self-promotion that doesn't let the truth get in the way of his claims and stories.

Plus Walter O'Brien, the real guy, is one of the producers, and looks just like the actor <insert sarcasm font>. He is a master at self-promotion that doesn't let the truth get in the way of his claims and stories.
We are still watching Scorpion, but we make fun of it the whole time.
I'm still watching and enjoying Designated Survivor.
Catching up on Walking Dead
Have never watched Game of Thrones. I'm still salty about how jrr fatass gave up writing the books and got a truckload of cash in reward.

I had to google him after the first episode. Dude really thinks highly of himself. He has never seen the inside of a girl's apartment that looks anything close to McPhee.

I have never seen even a clip of an episode. It's comedic to watch people react with such audacity that I have no clue who Shabawhogivesaflip of the Highlands is or that I have no idea which character died the previous Sunday. At this point, I'm refusing to watch it on principle because so many people have said that I have to watch it.

douchebag-alert-button-2577.jpeg

"You have stayed with it too long" per the OP's question, but you have "never seen even a clip of an episode".

"Troll" is just scratching the surface here....

douchebag-alert-button-2577.jpeg

"You have stayed with it too long" per the OP's question, but you have "never seen even a clip of an episode".

"Troll" is just scratching the surface here....

Nothing gets past this guy -- straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT