ADVERTISEMENT

what actor or actress do you think ruins movies?

Nick Cage, the absolute worst!

Early De Niro and Pacino were outstanding. Hard to fathom how they can both suck so hard now.

Last edited:
On second thought maybe I am being too hard on Keanu. I have seen probably all of his movies and he doesn't necessarily ruin them as much as his acting just seems very poor to me and you just ignore the scenes where he has to speak. Maybe Keanu needs to be lumped in with Nicholas Cage. Bad actors in average somewhat entertaining movies category.

So, I was hesitant to see the original John Wick in theaters because Keanu isn’t a strong actor, but he was the absolute perfect fit for that role. And it’s partly because of his .... style (?) of acting.

My vote goes to Julia Roberts. I don’t refuse to watch movies with her in it, but I’m hard pressed to like anything she’s in. I liked Closer a lot, but you’re meant to hate her character, so she was logical for me.

Maggie Gyllenhall. I don’t understand how she ever plays a character who is supposed to be pretty.

Jennifer Connelly & Jennifer Garner. Just, blah.

Reactions: kooterridesagain
So, I was hesitant to see the original John Wick in theaters because Keanu isn’t a strong actor, but he was the absolute perfect fit for that role. And it’s partly because of his .... style (?) of acting.

My vote goes to Julia Roberts. I don’t refuse to watch movies with her in it, but I’m hard pressed to like anything she’s in. I liked Closer a lot, but you’re meant to hate her character, so she was logical for me.

Maggie Gyllenhall. I don’t understand how she ever plays a character who is supposed to be pretty.

Jennifer Connelly & Jennifer Garner. Just, blah.

You had me until Connelly, then you undermined everything else you said. We are all dumber for having read that. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Sometimes people just get miscast. For example, I didn’t think Eric Bana was a very convincing Romulan in the Star Trek remake.
Also, I thought George Clooney was terrible as Batman.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Sometimes people just get miscast. For example, I didn’t think Eric Bana was a very convincing Romulan in the Star Trek remake.
Also, I thought George Clooney was terrible as Batman.

Pierce Brosnan as 007 fit that bill also. Then again, no one was going to successfully emulate Sean Connery. Too iconic.

Pierce Brosnan as 007 fit that bill also. Then again, no one was going to successfully emulate Sean Connery. Too iconic.

What?! Golden Eye was fantastic! 007 franchise was in the toilet before he revived it. Yes, following movies were trash until reboot, but Pierce Brosnan rescued it from Timothy Dalton (who I like but was an awful James Bond).

Let's also not forget Roger Moore followed Connery. Also, not glorify older Bond flicks too much, as most were corny and not much value beyond nostalgia today.

Reactions: ericram
Tom Cruise is my choice. I don't think I've purposely gone to a movie with him in it, ever.
For real?
I get the cult thing is a major turnoff, but he's a great actor and his movies are mostly enjoyable.

He was great in A Few Good Men, The Firm, Born on the Fourth of July and Jerry Maguire.

His best role ever was the cameo as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder.

For real?
I get the cult thing is a major turnoff, but he's a great actor and his movies are mostly enjoyable.

He was great in A Few Good Men, The Firm, Born on the Fourth of July and Jerry Maguire.

Agree on les gross man, but I’ve never watched any mission impossible because i find him laughable as an action star.

For real?

I'm not saying I haven't seen some of his movies, I have even enjoyed some despite his overacting.

Either Wilson
Kevin Hart
Will Ferrell
Colin Farrell
Janeane Garofalo

Kevin needs to find another role besides himself.
Will has some gems but some awful stuff
Wilsons are okay in some things. But I can see the turnoff for all of your picks.

Colin - I used to despise him, until I saw In Bruges. That’s a fantastic movie. Then, The Lobster was pretty great, & I haven’t seen it yet, but been dying to see The Killing of the Sacred Deer.

Kevin needs to find another role besides himself.
Will has some gems but some awful stuff
Wilsons are okay in some things. But I can see the turnoff for all of your picks.

Colin - I used to despise him, until I saw In Bruges. That’s a fantastic movie. Then, The Lobster was pretty great, & I haven’t seen it yet, but been dying to see The Killing of the Sacred Deer.
The Killing of the Sacred Deer is a great movie. Tremendously well acted, well directed, and well written. It’s also creepy as hell.

The Killing of the Sacred Deer is a great movie. Tremendously well acted, well directed, and well written. It’s also creepy as hell.
Just had to Google that title. Wow! Think I'll add it to the queue.

For real?

I met Tom at Road Atlanta in the early 90's when he and Paul Newman were racing. He was a total jerk, and Newman apologized for Tom a few minutes later.

He's a decent actor.

I have to go with:
Keanu Reeves - Where do you start with him?
William Shatner - Star Trek still made it, but boy is he gad
Steven Seagal - Everything
Jean Claude Van Damme - Everything
David Caruso - CSI Miami
David Hasselhoff - Baywatch et al
Halle Berry - Cat Woman
Lindsey Lohan - What a train wreck
Madonna - Roll on the floor bad
Maria Carey - Oh boy

Buckheadnole All-American
Gold Member

I have to go with:
Keanu Reeves - Where do you start with him?
Johnwick2-719465.jpg

Halle Berry - Cat Woman
Only allowable pic I could find for Swordfish.
halle-berry-at-the-four-seasons-hotel-canary-wharf-london-25601-photo-picture-id2367615

Never heard of it but the trailer looks interesting, not to mention Nicole Kidman does a good job in creepy movies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT