ADVERTISEMENT

what actor or actress do you think ruins movies?

For real?
I get the cult thing is a major turnoff, but he's a great actor and his movies are mostly enjoyable.

He was great in A Few Good Men, The Firm, Born on the Fourth of July and Jerry Maguire.

His best role ever was the cameo as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder.

I don't think he ruins movies because he is very charismatic and the camera loves him, but I don't think he is a great actor. He essentially plays the same character in every movie he has been in.

Keanu Reeves--he doesn't necessarily ruin movies, but I it always feels like any movie he is that is any good was a lost opportunity to cast with someone with better acting skills.
Hayden Christensen--I am not sure I have seen anything else he has been in, but he made the Star Wars prequels worse with his terrible acting.
Kevin Costner--He is fine when he is allowed to be himself as in Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, and for the most part, Dances With Wolves. But any time he tries to act at all, he is really bad.

Meryl Streep. Only liked her in Deer Hunter

I think she's the most overrated actress of all time. Same annoying tendencies with all of her characters and she flat out annoys me

I know I'm in the vast minority on thinking she's way overhyped

Reactions: Bartdog
Meryl Streep. Only liked her in Deer Hunter

I think she's the most overrated actress of all time. Same annoying tendencies with all of her characters and she flat out annoys me

I know I'm in the vast minority on thinking she's way overhyped
Actually, I agree with you. She was awesome (and hot!) in The Deer Hunter and her career path has mirrored DeNiro's ever since IMO.

I thought Cruise was over-the-top with the macho, nose-flaring swagger in Top Gun, but I imagine that's the persona he was asked to present. I'm sure he's had some clinkers, but he's played the roles he was given pretty well in the movies I've seen him in...Risky Business, Jerry Maguire, A Few Good Men, Magnolia, Tropic Thunder. And although I thought they had miscast him badly as Jack Reacher, he pulled that off pretty well, too.

Buckheadnole All-American
Gold Member

I have to go with:
Keanu Reeves - Where do you start with him?
Johnwick2-719465.jpg

Halle Berry - Cat Woman
Only allowable pic I could find for Swordfish.
halle-berry-at-the-four-seasons-hotel-canary-wharf-london-25601-photo-picture-id2367615
Side question: Is Halle Berry the biggest star to show boobs on the big screen? I realize "biggest star" is up for interpretation but I am struggling to come up with a bigger name whose rack I have seen.

Side question: Is Halle Berry the biggest star to show boobs on the big screen? I realize "biggest star" is up for interpretation but I am struggling to come up with a bigger name whose rack I have seen.
I am not certain that she even makes the top 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT