ADVERTISEMENT

What cheesy 80s or 90s movies did you like?

Blade Runner, 3 Oclock High, Aliens, Farris Bueller, Full Metal Jacket, Empire of the Sun, Dune, Lethal Weapon...

UHF is probably the only one I would categorize as "cheesy" that I like.

Roadhouse, mentioned above, is a guilty pleasure that I admit I sometimes watch when its on.
Big Trouble in Little China - "It's all in the reflexes."
The Last Dragon - "Who's the master? Sho Nuff."
Point Break probably deserves a mention - Love the send up it receives in Hot Fuzz -

Real Genius
Top Secret

Early Val Kilmer was the best.

Didn't think of those as cheesy, but those are two of my favorites. Top Secret is one of the most underrated comedies of all time. In some ways, while maybe not the absolute funniest, I think it's the most ambitious and most genius of that string of Abrams Zucker movies. The musical parodies of 60s music alone are absolutely spot on brilliant.

Reactions: BelemNole
Many of the above, plus:

One Crazy Summer
Revenge of the Nerds
Meatballs
Who's Harry Crumb?
I'm Gonna Get You Sucka
Garbage Pail Kids
Monster Squad
Flight of the Navigator
Rocky IV
Cloak and Dagger
Yellowbeard
Tough Guys

So far this list is a total fail for not bothering to include the greatest 80's action movies of all times.

Besides many of the movies above:

Howard the Duck
Masters Of The Universe
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
All the Police Academies
All the Jean Claude Van Damme movies

Blade Runner, Aliens, Full Metal Jacket, are cheesy ???

H
So far this list is a total fail for not bothering to include the greatest 80's action movies of all times.

no idea what that movie is since I've never heard of it, but the trailer made me laugh out loud at my desk. Some of the earlier offerings (The Goonies, 16 Candles, Secret of my Success) - seem cheesier in retrospect...

Labrynth
Broken Arrow
The Last Boy Scout
Demolition Man (what do you do with the 3 sea shells)
Con Air
Over the Top
Dutch
TMNT 1
The Chase
Hot Shots

For anyone who likes movies from that era (especially the cheesy ones), check out "Kung Fury" on YouTube...funded on kick starter and the 80s cheese level is off the charts in a wonderful way!

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Delta force and commando both were awesome! Not really cheesy movie category for me personally, Howard the Duck is a perfect example of cheesy Chuck was doing work back in those days. The movie with that blonde haired kid that would have visions of Chuck, the karate bs. That was cheesy.

I liked, but thought Die Hard (Yippee Ki Yay) & The Karate Kid (Wax on - wax off) were rather cheesy.

A Nightmare on Elm Street

A Nightmare on Elm Street III: Dream Warriors

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Episode I: The Phantom Menace .......(with Jar Jar Binks ! )

Walk Like a Man- Howie Mandel plays a millionaire heir that was lost in the woods as a kid and raised by wolves. He delivers one of the greatest lines in 80's cinematic history when asked "Are you a homo?" "No, i'm a Bobo".

Also

Krull.jpg

ice-pirates-01.jpg

The-Last-Starfighter.jpg

936full-enemy-mine-poster.jpg

Breakin2.jpg
51GG19809AL.jpg

Bloodsport-e1374775984547.jpg

total-recall.jpeg

61QoX%2BX2K0L._SY300_.jpg

fc8bd235176842b0f786ff96362d5203.jpg

runningman400300.jpg

childsplay-02.jpg

1543936-beetlejuice_beetlejuice_the_movie_1073576_849_476.jpg

bill_ted1.jpg

scirc12h.jpg

pee-wee.jpg

1246756-toxicavenger2.jpg

1z2eesz.png

northshore.jpg

Police_Academy_4.jpg

This list is also shockingly missing two of the cheesiest yet greatest horror movies (and best nude body in one of them) in Return of the Living Dead and Lifeforce. I can't find a nonnude Lifeforce trailer which is both a bad and a truly great thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT