ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of music do you listen to these days?

Then for newer things, I've been listening to a lot of Gungor lately.
I love Gungor. They got a little out there for a year or 2. I wasn't crazy about some of the more electronic music they made but most of their stuff is awesome. A Creation Liturgy is one of my favorite live albums ever.

I love Gungor. They got a little out there for a year or 2. I wasn't crazy about some of the more electronic music they made but most of their stuff is awesome. A Creation Liturgy is one of my favorite live albums ever.
Do you follow any of the work Michael and Lisa do with the Liturgists? I'm really excited about Lisa's new book. They just announced that they're trying to take Gungor back to the more spiritual path. In fact they removed the last three albums from all streaming services, and replaced it with one longer album that took out all the weird stuff. I really enjoyed them as concept albums (Although I still can't get into whale) but I appreciate what they're trying to do.

Do you follow any of the work Michael and Lisa do with the Liturgists? I'm really excited about Lisa's new book. They just announced that they're trying to take Gungor back to the more spiritual path. In fact they removed the last three albums from all streaming services, and replaced it with one longer album that took out all the weird stuff. I really enjoyed them as concept albums (Although I still can't get into whale) but I appreciate what they're trying to do.
I don't follow that stuff too closely, but I did get that email a week or so ago. I was glad to hear that. I really enjoy Ghosts Upon the Earth and Beautiful Things. There is so much talent in that group, but they really don't get appreciated as much as they should. I know, theologically, they are a little out of the mainstream. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

I don't follow that stuff too closely, but I did get that email a week or so ago. I was glad to hear that. I really enjoy Ghosts Upon the Earth and Beautiful Things. There is so much talent in that group, but they really don't get appreciated as much as they should. I know, theologically, they are a little out of the mainstream. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
I think it's both a combination of that and how eclectic and musical their work is. They've done the more poppy stuff (Beautiful things had a lot of pop) but Michael hates that stuff, so the music he likes making is a bit more out there and falls outside of mainstream tastes. Those are the kinds of bands I like, the ones musicians talk about loving (Like King's X) but who don't get much mainstream appeal.

But yeah, the theological discourse he's had both help and hurt them musically. I'm considered a heretic when it comes to theology, so I love Michael's musings and follow the liturgists closely (One of my really good friends is a co-host on it as well, so that doesn't hurt). I know when Ken Hamm decried him a heretic for saying Genesis was a myth they both lost a ton of support and gained a ton as well. So who knows.

Reactions: BOwens21
Just started getting into "post-rock". Listening to Godspeed You! Black Emperor right now in fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT