ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup

As controlling as FIFA is I’m surprised they didn’t have some mandate during bidding that announcers must call all games in person.
FIFA's mandates are only as good as your bid (ermm.. bribe) to bypass it.

Reactions: fsUTampa
I'm predicting this team right here will do some damage in Russia. Just named their squad. I'd be really surprised if they don't get through to at least the Semifinals.

Best GK in the world (Sorry Neuer fans, but De Gea is better).
Very Good Defense - Alba, Pique, Ramos, Carvajal
World Class Midfield - Silva, Busquets, Iniesta
Lethal Up Top: Diego Costa, Asencio, and Isco

15269009539126.jpg

Reactions: seminoleed
Les - I agree they have the capability to go far in this tournament. My question is will they pull it together and make the run? For some reason very talented teams don't always mesh and stumble when they shouldn't.

With that said, while I will cheer on Monreal because of his Arsenal ties, I will not be cheering for Spain. I don't know what it is, I just don't like them very much.

I dont follow international teams other than England enough to know that much about them but it seemed that when they were really at their zenith 10-14 or so they benefited from the majority of their squad playing club football for Barca or Real. I think that helped them mess. Is Inesta still playing for country?

They are so strong at the back. DeGea is amazing and I wouldnt be surprised if Spain doesnt concede a goal in the group play. Portugal is only chance of giving up a goal. Then when you get in knockout stage they have the experience to go far.

I'm predicting this team right here will do some damage in Russia. Just named their squad. I'd be really surprised if they don't get through to at least the Semifinals.

15269009539126.jpg

Will Pique's wife be there?

Noticia-196490-shakira.jpg

15269009539126.jpg
I've had a soft spot for Spain after we beat them in the 2009 Confederations Cup and then being in Barca when they won the 2010 World Cup.

They're on my list of teams I like and maybe the only one with a chance to win the tournament.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Any word if Iceland selected their squad the same way as they did in 2014?

arNKvpB_700b_v1.jpg
Out of the MANY incredible stats about Iceland’s team - to me the MOST incredible one - is that 35,000 Icelandic fans, or over 10% of the entire population of the country, were in the stadium to see Iceland’s historic upset of England during Euro 2016.

Out of the MANY incredible stats about Iceland’s team - to me the MOST incredible one - is that 35,000 Icelandic fans, or over 10% of the entire population of the country, were in the stadium to see Iceland’s historic upset of England during Euro 2016.

How about there are a little over 3,000 Icelandic people with UEFA A or B Coaching Licenses? Literally 1 in 100 for the entire country.

Reactions: LesClaypool
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT