ADVERTISEMENT

Would it be wrong for me to

runkpanole

Seminole Insider
Nov 17, 2002
piss on the person (s) who thought it would be a good idea to break into my wife's car last night?

It would be...that and it would be gross.

Do the traditional police route.

Sucks it was broken into btw.

Last edited:
TPD is on their way. That was the first call. I don't own a gun, but things like this make me really think about getting one.

As for the wife, sorry.
boo.gif

It would be a really bad idea if the guy is tougher than you, because it would result in you getting the hell beat out of you. If you're sure you can take him, piss away. Of course, that still might end up bad, because you don't have a gun and he might - and he might decide it's a good idea to shoot the guy who's pissing on him.

Reactions: TallyNole93
This whole situation is confusing to me. So you the guy that broke into wife's car is still in car and waiting for you to piss on him? Or are you saying you'll piss on him when you catch him?
Well, obviously I didn't see the guy/girl. I would just love to hit the douchebag in some way.

It's a Chevy Equinox. Not anything special, but good and reliable. As for the wife, sorry.

Dude, my (live together) girlfriend's (pics in rivals profile) Chevy Equinox got broken into about 2 weeks ago as well. On our driveway over night. She had left her door unlocked but they went in and riffled through everything looking for anything of value. They didn't take anything but left it a disaster. I did call OPD and they just to file a report online since she had to drive it that morning to work and nothing was damaged or taken. Apparently the high school kids here in the Lake Nona area are going though neighborhoods and checking for cars that are unlocked... must be looking for sledding cash for more boat shoes?

Did they break the glass to get in? Sorry dude, it sucks!

TPD is on their way. That was the first call. I don't own a gun, but things like this make me really think about getting one.
huh? what are you going to do, shoot someone for breaking into a car? are a few yanni CDs worth taking his/her life... and then you winding up in jail for a few decades?
call the cops and take a xanax.

It is a crappy feeling that does indeed make you want to kill someone. Two years ago, my Jeep got picked through in my drive way and they stole my work laptop. It was a murphy's law moment as in I never left a computer in the car nor left the door unlocked....but that night I did. It looked like a wild animal had gone through my interior. The cops were pretty sure it was the scumbag son of our next door neighbor who unbeknownst to us had just got out of prison for drug related crimes the week before...

We started looking for a new house that next day.

huh? what are you going to do, shoot someone for breaking into a car? are a few yanni CDs worth taking his/her life... and then you winding up in jail for a few decades?

Great Question. Certainly the person doesn't deserve to be shot. At least, I have to believe most people believe that. Although I am sure there are some wahoos that think they do.

But what would and should people do or be able to do should say they catch someone in the middle of breaking into the car or stealing things from there car? Should they be able to tackle and physically restrain them until the police arrive or should they just have to let them go with their things knowing the police will not arrive in time to catch them?

Great Question. Certainly the person doesn't deserve to be shot. At least, I have to believe most people believe that. Although I am sure there are some wahoos that think they do.

But what would and should people do or be able to do should say they catch someone in the middle of breaking into the car or stealing things from there car? Should they be able to tackle and physically restrain them until the police arrive or should they just have to let them go with their things knowing the police will not arrive in time to catch them?

Tough call, even if you do carry a gun. I am pretty sure I would simply try to remain unseen and unheard and call 911 to get Police there ASAP. You are likely dealing with a bottom of the gene pool / needing a drug fix type person/persons doing this. Unlike you, they are desperate, fearful, angry and most importantly, have completely different view of right and wrong. Worse, they also have good chance of carrying a gun or knife. People robbing your car not worth getting stabbed or shot over. Even if you are stupid enough to leave a work laptop in your car;)

So how do you know this guy/girl broke into your wifey's car? On a related note, are golden showers your normal go to move?

I have the funniest story about accidentally pissing on a guy's head in high school. Despite these fond memories, I advise against it.

When the weather gets good this happens a lot in Tallahassee. Usually it's kids that go to better neighborhoods and check for unlocked doors. My brother in law set up a camera with motion detection and has video of a couple trying on his cars.

When you park your car in your driveway and do not lock said car, the car was not broken into...

This is a very common crime and groups of kids (even in "nice" neighborhoods) are out and about checking for unlocked cars to go through and take anything of value. Cops will tell you that 90% of the time when they ask the owner if the car was locked the answer is no. Runk, don't know if that was the case with your wife's car, and I feel for you, but the stats on it are pretty surprising.
The worst is in gated communities. People will leave wallets, purses, cell phones, cash and credit cards in their cars and not lock the car. Because there is a piece of flimsy wood or PVC across the road at the entry. Seriously? Yep.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Never said I wanted to kill them. Don't put words into my mouth. That said, having a gun may have allowed me to hold them until TPD got to the scene and was able to arrest their sorry butts.

Never said I wanted to kill them. Don't put words into my mouth. That said, having a gun may have allowed me to hold them until TPD got to the scene and was able to arrest their sorry butts.
or it may have resulted in a crazy person freaking out and popping off a couple shots... potentially injuring you or striking an innocent person in a nearby house.
you okay with taking that chance in hopes of punishing the guy/gal that was stealing your yanni CDs?

get a security camera and some motion activated lights or a freaking car alarm.

Except that you were asleep when it happened. ;)

I'm torn as to whether I should lock my Jeep when it's parked out in the open (it's in the garage at night). I normally don't have anything worth stealing in there, so I don't have much to lose if some douche takes a look. And it's a soft top - canvas roof, plastic windows that a burglar could either slash with a knife (which would cost me far more than them stealing all of the vehicle's contents) or simply unzipping one & taking it out.

So I don't bother locking it.

Also, as for going to jail for a few decades, he had entered my property illegally and in Florida, I would have been within my rights.

or it may have resulted in a crazy person freaking out and popping off a couple shots... potentially injuring you or striking an innocent person in a nearby house.
you okay with taking that chance in hopes of punishing the guy/gal that was stealing your yanni CDs?

get a security camera and some motion activated lights or a freaking car alarm.

As for the camera, I'll have a talk with the property manager at the apartment complex today about that.

As for the car alarm, stop excusing some dirt bags behavior.

Also, as for going to jail for a few decades, he had entered my property illegally and in Florida, I would have been within my rights.

As for the camera, I'll have a talk with the property manager at the apartment complex today about that.

As for the car alarm, stop excusing some dirt bags behavior.
since when has getting a car alarm been excusing some dirt bag's behavior?

if you're concerned with either preventing the crime or detaining the thief, a car alarm seems like a pretty damn good idea.
if you're concerned with killing or injuring a thief and/or yourself or maybe a neighbor, then a firearm is surely the right choice for you.

i'm sorry that not all logical roads point to a lethal weapon being an acceptable solution.

i will extend an olive branch and say that if you were able to neutralize him after some proficient hand to hand combat, i would completely stand by your decision to relieve yourself on him.

The bottom line is the guy/girl is a walking talking POS. It isn't like they were stealing something so that they could feed the family (or else they would have taken the half eaten bag of pretzels). I have no sympathy for them and I hope that they get caught. I hope that they then have to hire an attorney and spend more money than the items are worth. The only acceptable solution is the POS not going into somebodies property.

The bottom line is the guy/girl is a walking talking POS. It isn't like they were stealing something so that they could feed the family (or else they would have taken the half eaten bag of pretzels). I have no sympathy for them and I hope that they get caught. I hope that they then have to hire an attorney and spend more money than the items are worth. The only acceptable solution is the POS not going into somebodies property.
Maybe they don't like pretzels or pretzels make them thirsty.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich

I'm torn as to whether I should lock my Jeep when it's parked out in the open (it's in the garage at night). I normally don't have anything worth stealing in there, so I don't have much to lose if some douche takes a look. And it's a soft top - canvas roof, plastic windows that a burglar could either slash with a knife (which would cost me far more than them stealing all of the vehicle's contents) or simply unzipping one & taking it out.

I did the same. Tops were more expensive than anything I kept in the jeep so it was infuriating, but I decided to leave it unlocked.

My uncle, and later my cousin, have operated pharmacies in Virginia for years...they always leave the empty register unlocked so the thug won't destroy the register for naught.

I had an NRA instructor once tell me that if someone were breaking in to his house, he would want to have his family in his bedroom, lock the door and dial 911. This is coming from a man with more than 30 years experience as a soldier and cop as well as having a small arsenal in his home. He theory is let them take what they take as long as my family is safe and let the cops deal with the bad guys.

isn't the more socially beneficial solution to figure out why this person was breaking into cars and stealing your yanni CDs. maybe the person is an addict and they're stealing crap they can sell for drugs - if that's the case, rehab might make more sense than bankrupting them (though more likely than not they'd use a public defender - and hence your and my money). rehab would get them moved along with their life in a productive way, costing us less long term. or i mean you could send them to jail where they'd be able to become hardened criminals who upon release would likely commit even more destructive crimes and wind up back in jail, costing us several cycles of legal and jail fees.

or maybe the thief really likes yanni, in which case, can you really fault him/her?

isn't the more socially beneficial solution to figure out why this person was breaking into cars and stealing your yanni CDs. maybe the person is an addict and they're stealing crap they can sell for drugs - if that's the case, rehab might make more sense than bankrupting them (though more likely than not they'd use a public defender - and hence your and my money). rehab would get them moved along with their life in a productive way, costing us less long term. or i mean you could send them to jail where they'd be able to become hardened criminals who upon release would likely commit even more destructive crimes and wind up back in jail, costing us several cycles of legal and jail fees.

or maybe the thief really likes yanni, in which case, can you really fault him/her?
If they continue to get away, it is impossible to get them those services.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT