ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite vacation spot in Florida

The Keys...its a hop, skip and a bridge away. We have a place down there so its a given.
This post was edited on 4/9 4:56 PM by BeccaNole72

Originally posted by FSU_Chris:
Anna Maria island. Chill. Low key and a bit off from everyone's radar. Also not a bad drive from Orlando.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Love Anna Maria Island. I have a sunset picture as the background photo on my cell phone.

Originally posted by skramer100:
Memorial Day weekend, South Beach for sure. Just watch your back.
2311pc.jpg

Seems like we have every part of the state covered except really the miami/fort Lauderdale area. Whats a good place to go down there for a couple. Laid back, beautiful beaches and good food? Lets leave south beach out.

Originally posted by nynole1:
Seems like we have every part of the state covered except really the miami/fort Lauderdale area. Whats a good place to go down there for a couple. Laid back, beautiful beaches and good food? Lets leave south beach out.
Key Largo and Delray are the only two close to Miami I would really rec that have anything resembling laid back beautiful beaches. Nothing comes close to the big strips of beautiful Gulf beaches from Pensacola to St Teresa or Clearwater to Marco Island in the Atlantic side and what does is nowhere near Miami, (MAYBE Vero Beach would be the closest). Up near Jupiter is a relatively nice secluded spot that people don't usually know about called Hobe Sound National Wildlife Preserve. But for the most part South Florida is crap unless you like fake sand to go with your tons of fake people and fake boobs. At least until you hit either the Keys or Palm Beach.

Truthfully though, there aren't many Atlantic beaches I would rec anywhere, it's just not nice sand or usually nice water. Basically the Outer Banks, Golden Isles, Cumberland Island (esp, the only Atlantic Beach I truly love), Anastasia and Washington Oaks (so basically the St Augustine area beaches), Satellite beach and some of its surrounds, Vero Beach through the inlet, Delray, Hobe Sound and the Keys. That may sound like a lot but not in comparison to the book I would write listing all of the fantastic beaches in the two Gulf strips.

This post was edited on 4/10 9:40 AM by FSUTribe76

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT