ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Light VP Takes “”Leave of Absence”

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the "nonsense of the lgbtqia+_%# mafia" is existing and having pictures of themselves or rainbows placed voluntarily on items that people are free to buy or not buy. This is what "people" are fed up with.

So the "nonsense of the lgbtqia+_%# mafia" is existing and having pictures of themselves or rainbows placed voluntarily on items that people are free to buy or not buy. This is what "people" are fed up with.

Just the constant jamming down the throats that the public is fed up with.

Sales speak for themselves

Existing and having pictures and/or rainbows placed on items that people are free to ignore and not buy equates to "constant jamming down the throats?" Also, "the public" includes a lot of people, including a multitude of people who identify as LGBTQIA+, who do not agree with these characterizations.

There was a time when businesses, especially corporations, did not outwardly advocate social and political agendas... which was a wise economic policy. What purpose does a business pushing any social or political agenda serve?

Existing and having pictures and/or rainbows placed on items that people are free to ignore and not buy equates to "constant jamming down the throats?" Also, "the public" includes a lot of people, including a multitude of people who identify as LGBTQIA+, who do not agree with these characterizations.
The “public” also includes a vast majority who do agree. That’s why the financial ramifications are what they are.

There was a time when businesses, especially corporations, did not outwardly advocate social and political agendas... which was a wise economic policy. What purpose does a business pushing any social or political agenda serve?
The greater good of a more kind, inclusive, and humane society.

• Haha
Reactions: GeddyLee09
The greater good of a more kind, inclusive, and humane society.
Thanks for the input.... Just curious, its all good, but why are responding to my post? When I post a perspective that contradicts or questions your views, you say its "taunting", "weaponizing", "mocking"... (i.e. see your posts below). For all of your self-professed tolerance and empathy, you're NOT tolerant of others with contradictory views, easy to label them as attacks, rather than be tolerant. Putting in to practice what you preach would be the first step in becoming the person you claim to be.
Respectfully yours,
your old friend,
Noletaire
I have asked you before, and I will ask you again: please stop taunting and mocking me.

I do not trust your question as genuine or well intended.

Telling me to go live on a commune is absolutely mocking and taunting. Please stop.

Please just stop.

You’ve got it backwards. When I say vast majority, I mean the vast majority don’t want social and political issues inserted into their sports or daily lives. There’s a reason why companies and entities who choose to push those issues into those segments of people’s live generally suffer financial consequences.

Well said. It probably would be wise for corporations to figure this out sooner than later.
Every company in the world does not have to make something in rainbow colors in June to let in known they support Gay Pride Month.

GO NOLES!!!

Thanks for the input.... Just curious, its all good, but why are responding to my post? When I post a perspective that contradicts or questions your views, you say its "taunting", "weaponizing", "mocking"... (i.e. see your posts below). For all of your self-professed tolerance and empathy, you're NOT tolerant of others with contradictory views, easy to label them as attacks, rather than be tolerant. Putting in to practice what you preach would be the first step in becoming the person you claim to be.
Respectfully yours,
your old friend,
Noletaire
Well said….

Target getting the same treatment. I think people are fed up with the nonsense of the lgbtqia+_%# mafia.
Or people are just triggered and set off at the idea that people are different. Suddenly rainbows have become offensive. Doesn’t help that sone of our “leaders” are showing them which groups to put in their crosshairs. Live and let live. That goes for all sides of the spectrum.

There was a time when a lot of things were different. For better and for worse. We live in a much smaller world today where we are informed in real time what people and businesses are advocating for or against. I have zero issues with that. As a consumer I have yet to see anything in that arena that has swayed me one way or the other. Most likely because I pay very little attention to it.

Well said. It probably would be wise for corporations to figure this out sooner than later.
Every company in the world does not have to make something in rainbow colors in June to let in known they support Gay Pride Month.

GO NOLES!!!
I’m a believer in free speech. Companies are free to express the views they wish. However, they do not have the right to be free from the consequences for said actions. Why a gay pride or straight pride month? How about just be proud 24/7/365 in your chosen sexuality. I believe the majority of people truly don’t care about what someone does or who they do it with in their lives. As long as it doesn’t interfere with how they choose to live their respective lives. Live and let live, however don’t push your agenda or policies on them.

Last edited:
I’m a believer in free speech. Companies a free to express the views they wish. However, they do not have the right to be free from the consequences for said actions. Why a gay pride or straight pride month? How about just be proud 24/7/365 in your chosen sexuality. I believe the majority of people truly don’t care about what someone does or who they do it with in their lives. As long as it doesn’t interfere with how they choose to live their respective lives. Live and let live, however don’t push your agenda or policies on them.
Exactly. Why don't self-pleasuring "incels" have their own month??

When exactly was that? You don't think Carnegie, J P Morgan, Rockefeller, etc were neck deep in politics? You don't think the Koch brothers have been open about their political agendas?

Reactions: seminoleed
For all of your self-professed tolerance and empathy, you're NOT tolerant of others with contradictory views, easy to label them as attacks, rather than be tolerant. Putting in to practice what you preach would be the first step in becoming the person you claim to be.
The left is not as tolerant as they say they are.

Respectfully yours,
your old friend,
Noletaire
We are not friends, and I have never professed to be universally tolerant.

Reactions: BrianNole777
It doesn’t bother me to see Pride themed merchandise for sale. I was in two stores today and noticed Pride items available -
One was at Pet Supermarket and the other was at a Dollar Tree.
Some of them were pretty clever. I wasn’t offended in the least.
Live and let live.

27603.png

• Haha
Reactions: NoleLizards
The left is not as tolerant as they say they are.
Are you referring to political tolerance (generally defined as the willingness to grant civil liberties to groups of people one disagrees with and/or dislikes) or to some other form of tolerance?

Do you believe that challenging positions we disagree with is being intolerant, and that we should instead just allow all opposing views, no matter how offensive, misinformed, libelous/slanderous and/or dangerous they might be, to go unchallenged?

Was it "intolerant" of the US to oppose Hitler's views, or for any people or government to stand up against oppressive ideology, even before it becomes more obviously damaging, or should we always wait until there's clearcut harm?

Can you give any specific examples of this left-wing intolerance you are referring to?

Reactions: BrainVision
I agree that the marketing exec did not read the room on the core customers, that was a mistake. The larger mistake is I feel this was a calculated risk type of decision because of a desire to grow that "younger" market and that risk really blew up in her face.

Mulvaney has 10 mill followers and I think we can all agree Mulvaney's followers are very likely an untapped market for Bud Light. Add in the perception that European companies tend to be more inclusive, I can see that marketing team all thinking they could send the beer can and have this popular person selling Bud Light to all those followers and no one would care because they are not following this person on TikTok.
The critical error she/they made is that they either did not understand or thought it wouldn't matter that everything "trans" is a hot-button issue, Dylan is so over the top, and the core customer for BL doesn't want those types of people "crammed" down their throat. Pretty far slide for a person who last year was named to Ad Age's top 40 under 40.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, the attempt by BL with the Clydesdale was dumb and so transparent. The brand is so heavily ingrained in America can they win back customers, does Bud and all the other brands suffer?
We will see if his followers (most of whom are likely kids) make up for the zillions leaving. I’d say 75% of the guys I know won’t touch an InBev product of any kind.

And it’s very different from a rainbow can. Don’t care. None of my business. But a full grown man who pretends to be a pre teen girl should not be honored. The idea he was recognized by the damn VP for a full year of “girlness” is a bad thing for everyone. There’s a limit.

We will see if his followers (most of whom are likely kids) make up for the zillions leaving. I’d say 75% of the guys I know won’t touch an InBev product of any kind.

And it’s very different from a rainbow can. Don’t care. None of my business. But a full grown man who pretends to be a pre teen girl should not be honored. The idea he was recognized by the damn VP for a full year of “girlness” is a bad thing for everyone. There’s a limit.

He is an insult to women. It’s woman face. Plain and simple

This whole Bud Light boycott thing has definitely provided some good laughs.

Now it’s all the SNL sketchworthy situational manufactured outrage from all the folks least likely to have ever uttered a single word of protest about the beer industry’s decades long unabashed sexist marketing suddenly mansplaining that this particular campaign is the one that’s so insulting to women that it just cannot be tolerated.

And thank God that respecting and honoring women is always front and center when they actually vote in addition to voting with their beer money.
Hilarious.

Reactions: daveynole
This whole Bud Light boycott thing has definitely provided some good laughs.

Now it’s all the SNL sketchworthy situational manufactured outrage from all the folks least likely to have ever uttered a single word of protest about the beer industry’s decades long unabashed sexist marketing suddenly mansplaining that this particular campaign is the one that’s so insulting to women that it just cannot be tolerated.

And thank God that respecting and honoring women is always front and center when they actually vote in addition to voting with their beer money.
Hilarious.

Those Clydesdales are pretty sexy though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT