ADVERTISEMENT

Idaho murders suspect

ChiefWB

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Sep 30, 2014
Huntersville, NC
Arrested today in Pennsylvania. Will be interesting to hear the details. Hopefully this will give the families and community a little bit of peace.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Lots of crazy people are on or around college campuses. Security is generally lax, and it is easy to blend in with thousands of other generally anonymous faces. And, of course, saying and doing bizarre things is tolerated, if not encouraged, so being an oddball will generally not set off any alarms. His very strange Reddit post — recruiting criminals to participate in an allegedly-University-approved research study to share their “thoughts and feelings” while committing crimes — apparently did not raise an eyebrow, until now.

Not really understanding the posts about this guy “looking” cold-hearted and all of that. He is highly unattractive and goofy in appearance, sure, but that’s true of tons of Ph.D candidates.

Whatever. Hope the cops have the right guy and that some closure can finally be achieved.

Things coming out about him now from people who he grew up with. Supposedly was a nasty bully.
One “forensic expert” said they will probably find some old animal remains and maybe even remains of humans in the area around Stroudsburg. Psychopath tendencies for sure.

Reactions: MagNoleA
It is not unusual in my experience with vegans. My brother and his wife are vegans, and they do not allow meat to be brought into their home or in their rental property. My partner's best friend and her spouse are also vegans, and they do not allow meat to be brought into their home, either. My partner's sister is vegan, but her partner is not. They have separate cookware. Having separate cookware and, even, separate kitchen appliances for vegan and non-vegan cooking is not unusual at the vegan restaurants that we have visited.

Not gonna lie, I don't find that terribly surprising. But I've not heard about having separate cookware.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
It is not unusual in my experience with vegans. My brother and his wife are vegans, and they do not allow meat to be brought into their home or in their rental property. My partner's best friend and her spouse are also vegans, and they do not allow meat to be brought into their home, either. My partner's sister is vegan, but her partner is not. They have separate cookware. Having separate cookware and, even, separate kitchen appliances for vegan and non-vegan cooking is not unusual at the vegan restaurants that we have visited.
It seems to me that wouldn’t be an issue if you WASH your cookware😒.

I read they followed this guy to Pennsylvania based on a DNA match from crime scene. How did they get suspect DNA? Was he bought in earlier and forced to give DNA?

That's how they caught that serial killer in SFO years ago.

I've read those databases are used by police.

Military Bans DNA Testing Kits for Soldiers
The United States Department of Defense (DoD) recently issued a statement warning military personnel to avoid using at-home DNA testing kits offered by private heritage DNA testing companies like Ancestry and 23andMe. Although the memo doesn't go into great detail about the catalyst for the announcement, it does outline government officials' concerns that ancestry DNA tests are unregulated and produce results that are unprotected from potential abuse. Experts think the announcement is probably related to a recently published study that outlined the security flaws in public DNA databases like MyHeritage and GEDMatch.....

The Pentagon concurs, saying they don't advise against genetic testing altogether, but recommend that service members get genetic information from a licensed professional rather than a recreational kit.Dec 27, 2019

Is that like a clause in the lease? No pets no meat. I guess that would fly in California. I had a friends wife not eat mushrooms because they were cooked on the same grill as steak. Not the same spot as it had different grates but the same grill. They left. Oh well.

I think they took his DNA and compared it to DNA in one of the commercially available genealogy databases. You can find relatives that way..
They had DNA from the crime scene and were able to do a genealogy match from relatives who had done something like Ancestry or 23andme.
He was under surveillance and was followed across the country by a relay of sorts by law enforcement unbeknownst to him when he and his father drove across country from Washington to Pennsylvania.
He wore gloves when he went out most of the time but the cat was already out of the bag so to speak because of the DNA.
This guy is truly a sick individual and shouldn’t ever walk among us as a free man again.

Is that like a clause in the lease? No pets no meat. I guess that would fly in California. I had a friends wife not eat mushrooms because they were cooked on the same grill as steak. Not the same spot as it had different grates but the same grill. They left. Oh well.
Why so combative about how others choose to live? I’m a total carnivore but if I invite people to my house I do everything I can to make them comfortable.

They had DNA from the crime scene and were able to do a genealogy match from relatives who had done something like Ancestry or 23andme.

Interesting that it wasn't his DNA in the database but a relatives.

Interesting that it wasn't his DNA in the database but a relatives.
Correct and the technique is DNA genealogy tracking.
For instance I did a 23andMe DNA submittal a couple of years ago. I’m the only sibling who did, but if my sister were to go off her rocker and stab someone, any DNA she left at the scene could be run through a database and my DNA would come up as a familial match and they’d be led to her.
I am the opposite - I strongly feel this guy is the killer.

Last edited:
Reactions: TobaccoRoadNole
He was under surveillance and was followed across the country by a relay of sorts by law enforcement unbeknownst to him when he and his father drove across country from Washington to Pennsylvania.
He wore gloves when he went out most of the time but the cat was already out of the bag so to speak because of the DNA.
This guy is truly a sick individual and shouldn’t ever walk among us as a free man again.
Sounds like they have some compelling circumstantial evidence too: cell phone “pings” put him in the area of the crimes before and at the time of their commission, and he conspicuously/oddly wore gloves in grocery stores and other public places well after the murders. Sometimes people who think they are “outsmarting the law” do not realize they are creating a separate/different evidence trail.

His entire profile screams F-R-E-A-K, and his own parents are apparently cooperating with cops. Add a public defender as his legal representative, and all of that bodes poorly for Mr. Kohberger’s future freedom.

Reactions: TobaccoRoadNole
I have never done one of those tests, and I have strongly urged my friends and family to avoid using them, as well. I also take the same stance with any of the apps that scan facial features. That is just way too much biometric information to be handing over to anybody, especially for-profit companies.
Do you have a driver license or other I’d with a picture? Do you have a passport? If so they have your facial scan already.

Sounds like they have some compelling circumstantial evidence too: cell phone “pings” put him in the area of the crimes before and at the time of their commission, and he conspicuously/oddly wore gloves in grocery stores and other public places well after the murders. Sometimes people who think they are “outsmarting the law” do not realize they are creating a separate/different evidence trail.

His entire profile screams F-R-E-A-K, and his own parents are apparently cooperating with cops. Add a public defender as his legal representative, and all of that bodes poorly for Mr. Kohberger’s future freedom.
Now he can cancel his Tinder account as he will have many dates where he’s going.

Do you thinking demanding separate bowls for food prep is extreme?

Is it imagined that cleaning the bowl insufficient? e.g. If someone makes a meatloaf in this glass bowl it is forever ‘tainted’ and can’t be used to make a salad?

What’s the reasoning?

I have never done one of those tests, and I have strongly urged my friends and family to avoid using them, as well. I also take the same stance with any of the apps that scan facial features. That is just way too much biometric information to be handing over to anybody, especially for-profit companies.
Your sample won’t be required.
Within the last few years the state of FL has started genetic testing on newborn blood samples. Given that hits over 98% of birthed population each year I imagine it’s inevitable that there will eventually be retention of this information.
It will start with efforts to identify remains, and move to use in criminal cases and other sympathetic causes.
I’d really be surprised if it doesn’t.
Probably kick started with a federal grant to fund the whole process when the time comes.

Will be interesting to see what else they have as evidence. The DNA part is strong but otherwise it’s all super circumstantial. His car being seen in the area and the cell phone thing aren’t all that strong when the guy lived pretty close by. I know they’re asking for any tips possible about him so I’m guessing more will come out.

Do you have a driver license or other I’d with a picture? Do you have a passport? If so they have your facial scan already.
This guy was also a grad student and teaching assistant at WSU. Surely had some kind of “student ID” credential. So, yeah, tons of existing data banks from which his facial characteristics could be lifted.

Not surprisingly, Kohberger was a different cat. Huge weight loss during high school, after which he became “aggressive” and a “bully” (per classmates). His vegan extremism has been noted in this thread, and consistent with the OCD suspicions of his classmates. One friend (who had autism) suspected that K-Berger was also afflicted. Neighbors described him as a loner “who never slept.”

Ironically, after the Uvalde tragedy, this guy’s mom wrote a letter to the editor imploring society to “stop the madness.” She questioned whether gun control and enhanced mental health intervention were needed. LOL. Yes, mom, your own son apparently needed some enhanced mental health intervention….and too bad one of the victims was not well-armed and trained-prepared to defend herself/himself.

Just a horrible story.

Correct and the technique is DNA genealogy tracking.
For instance I did a 23andMe DNA submittal a couple of years ago. I’m the only sibling who did, but if my sister were to go off her rocker and stab someone, any DNA she left at the scene could be run through a database and my DNA would come up as a familial match and they’d be led to her.
I am the opposite - I strongly feel this guy is the killer.
So basically you and anyone else that submits DNA to these things are potential snitches on their relatives. :p

Reactions: fsufool
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT