ADVERTISEMENT

Idaho murders suspect

Am I the only Jew in here?
Statistically, my money is on no.
I admit not getting into people’s religious customs, or observing how fervently they observe customs established when superstition substituted for understanding.

In other words, pass me that bacon wrapped shrimp.

Last edited:
The coordination of information software has come out of the military. They developed it along with private companies in Iraq and Afghanistan. It was first used by police in small testing areas in LA and then Philadelphia. I assume most large police agencies in the US now have the capability of surveillance and connecting that to the existing data points (video, banking, auto/truck GPS, license readers, traffic lights, etc.)

BTW, if you care about the reporting in the Twitter Files you’re probably just a Putin puppet parroting propaganda and couldn’t possibly be concerned about how the self identified U.S. Intelligence Community is busy trying to shape online discourse.

Reactions: fsufool
I remember just last week there was a story about the local police pushing the “enhance” button and seeing the real killer in the reflection of the victim’s eye.

As I said: "They usually lock onto a small concept that they find promising and then elaborate upon it well beyond reality."

What you were previously implying would be more akin to asserting that the Air Force already has a Mach 10+ manned aircraft that they are regularly flying around the world, and we just do not know about it yet.
How long did the SR71, B2 or F117 fly before anyone knew what they were? How many UFO sightings can be attributed to experimental aircraft or drones. My main point is that if there is technology we know about the is surely something more advanced we don’t know about.

I remember just last week there was a story about the local police pushing the “enhance” button and seeing the real killer in the reflection of the victim’s eye.
Reflection = image and something to put in the database. Along with DNA they could get a real good idea who they were looking for.

If we’re going to bring up Top Gun I’d like to point out that the camera under the nose of the F-14 would have given Maverick or Goose eyes on those extra bandits before they ever merged!

Not a F14 guy but I that is a TCS camera that gives a view of what is in front of the aircraft. In most cases these were able to be slaved to the radar as well. The other pods on the front would be FLIR, ECM and or RTWS sensors.

Reactions: F4Gary
Am I the only Jew in here? If you keep kosher, you have 2 sets of everything....Pots, pans, flatware, dishes etc. Now they even have 2 of every appliance, sinks and cabinets as well. Separate meat and dairy, they can not touch. Not so strange, been happening for thousands of years.
There is one poster here who would call you a freak for doing that. Seriously.

Reactions: ChiefWB
I do not think that is fair. Customs, traditions, and rituals are valuable aspects of culture and community.

I am certainly not religious, but I just spent a month with a tree in my living room and a wreath on my door. Carved pumpkins, moon cakes, 7 fishes, latkes, collards and black eyed peas, etc.: these are points of continuity with people that I value.
But if someone fails to speak a deity’s name while harvesting your food, is refusing to eat it superstitious nonsense, or do you find it somehow meaningful?

The mention of cultural customs reminded me of this tidbit:

Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs.
-Charles James Napier

[To Hindu priests complaining to him about the prohibition of Sati religious funeral practice of burning widows alive on her husband’s funeral pyre.]

Not a F14 guy but I that is a TCS camera that gives a view of what is in front of the aircraft. In most cases these were able to be slaved to the radar as well. The other pods on the front would be FLIR, ECM and or RTWS sensors.
Yeah, Tiseo could be slaved to the radar also. Worked great for combat dart to make sure we were locked on to the dart and not the tow plane.

Yeah, Tiseo could be slaved to the radar also. Worked great for combat dart to make sure we were locked on to the dart and not the tow plane.
That would be handy. Don't want to be that dude that shoots down a full scale drone when your not supposed to.

There is one poster here who would call you a freak for doing that. Seriously.
Having observant Jews as neighbors for many years I’ve known about “keeping Kosher” for decades. If the suspect’s family is Jewish it could be an offshoot of that custom.

It is meaningful to me in that it has meaning to another person, and I value understanding that which has meaning to other people.
What does someone finding meaning in superstitious nonsense mean to you?

e.g. astrology

What does someone finding meaning in superstitious nonsense mean to you?

e.g. astrology
Is this like believing that organic food is more than just a label and higher price? I really don't know either way but I guess if you believe its truly better for you then in a way it still is.

That would be handy. Don't want to be that dude that shoots down a full scale drone when your not supposed to.
Drone? We used our F-4s and towed the dart on a 1000' cable. Radar had a tendency to lock on to the dart and then transfer up the cable. With Tiseo, I could glance at the radar and make sure I saw the dart and not an F-4. :oops:

Drone? We used our F-4s and towed the dart on a 1000' cable. Radar had a tendency to lock on to the dart and then transfer up the cable. With Tiseo, I could glance at the radar and make sure I saw the dart and not an F-4. :oops:
Tyndall has a drone squadron of old F-4 and F-16 jets painted orange. Same concept as the old combat dart but it was an actual plane.

Unfortunately, some people find more value in judging those people based on their own beliefs.
Its the whole believe what I believe or your wrong thing. It happens both ways but some are more extreme than others.

Tyndall has a drone squadron of old F-4 and F-16 jets painted orange. Same concept as the old combat dart but it was an actual plane.
My F4E 74-1041 was one of those airplanes. I believe it is now resting on the bottom of the Gulf.

Things coming out about him now from people who he grew up with. Supposedly was a nasty bully.
One “forensic expert” said they will probably find some old animal remains and maybe even remains of humans in the area around Stroudsburg. Psychopath tendencies for sure.
a la Theodore Robert Bundy in related to his education and crime.

Reactions: goldmom
They had DNA from the crime scene and were able to do a genealogy match from relatives who had done something like Ancestry or 23andme.
He was under surveillance and was followed across the country by a relay of sorts by law enforcement unbeknownst to him when he and his father drove across country from Washington to Pennsylvania.
He wore gloves when he went out most of the time but the cat was already out of the bag so to speak because of the DNA.
This guy is truly a sick individual and shouldn’t ever walk among us as a free man again.
Thanks for the FBI National Dragnet Scoop. Are you Deep Throat from Watergate? What did the President know and when did he know it? Asking for a friend in the federal witness protection program. Thanks.

Is there any conspiracy connection to Ruby Ridge or A River Runs Through It?

Thanks for the FBI National Dragnet Scoop. Are you Deep Throat from Watergate? What did the President know and when did he know it? Asking for a friend in the federal witness protection program. Thanks.
I’m calling my lawyer.
Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

Reactions: MagNoleA
So the probable cause document was released today.

- DNA match to knife sheath found at scene
- Phone records show he was near the house (not sure what near means) around 10 different times in the early morning hours leading up to the murder
- The white Elantra
- Roommate saw a man in the house that more or less matches him physically

So pretty decent evidence. Obviously the DNA is the strongest piece of it. Sounds like the Elantra was what lead them to him initially.

So the probable cause document was released today.

- DNA match to knife sheath found at scene
- Phone records show he was near the house (not sure what near means) around 10 different times in the early morning hours leading up to the murder
- The white Elantra
- Roommate saw a man in the house that more or less matches him physically

So pretty decent evidence. Obviously the DNA is the strongest piece of it. Sounds like the Elantra was what lead them to him initially.
This is the amount of the evidence they felt necessary to obtain the warrant. It'll be interesting to see what else they have.

Phones periodically check in to find the closest cell phone tower.
These ‘pings’ get logged.

I remember back in ‘99 when the E911 law was passed requiring phone service providers to be able to provide location information on clients and I told my friend that very soon most Americans would be paying for their own tracking device.

A surprising number of people have no idea.

I would say they got their guy based on cell location pings, multiple street video of his car being in and around the crime scene around the time of the murders, and his DNA being on the knife sheath. But what I'm interested in knowing is what led to him to target them and why did surviving roommate wait 8 hours to call the police?

I remember back in ‘99 when the E911 law was passed requiring phone service providers to be able to provide location information on clients and I told my friend that very soon most Americans would be paying for their own tracking device.

Yeah I just mean I’m not sure how “near” that means. Those towers don’t pinpoint someone’s exact location unless I’m mistaken. Regardless it’s good evidence and also his phone was turned off at the time of the murders. Sure seems like they got their man.

Reactions: BrainVision
Yeah I just mean I’m not sure how “near” that means. Those towers don’t pinpoint someone’s exact location unless I’m mistaken. Regardless it’s good evidence and also his phone was turned off at the time of the murders. Sure seems like they got their man.
Ive heard from IT folks that stuff like that can still be tracked for up to 24 hours as certain components retain a residual charge. Not sure if this is actually used but I would imagine it is.

People voluntarily put their information on line. Vacation, home or not, status updates ect... They dont even need a tracker in many cases.

This is the amount of the evidence they felt necessary to obtain the warrant. It'll be interesting to see what else they have.
Yeah, I would imagine there is more they are reserving for trial. Idaho has the death penalty so Im sure its on the table.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Under Phase II, the FCC requires wireless carriers, within six months of a valid request by a PSAP, to begin providing information that is more precise to PSAPs, specifically, the latitude and longitude of the caller. This information must meet FCC accuracy standards, generally to within 50 to 300 meters, depending on the type of technology used.

Two methods are basically GPS, or radio signal triangulation.

triangulation.gif

People voluntarily put their information on line. Vacation, home or not, status updates ect... They dont even need a tracker in many cases.
Saying, “I went to Cancun on vacation” is nothing like the constant trail of digital breadcrumbs your phone leaves wherever you go, all the time.

If you have wifi on it will query over and over for available networks, and Wi-Fi routers close enough will log those requests. The unique MAC address of your Wi-Fi NIC is logged and time stamped on every network you’ve seen listed on your phone before, whether you actually signed onto that network or not.

Reactions: fsufool
I am definitely interested in learning what other evidence that they have, because what has been revealed is not much at all. I also really want to hear an explanation for why the roommate; who reportedly heard the crying, saw the killer, and was terrified; did not call 911.
Not sure I agree that it’s not much at all. Would he be convicted on just this so far? Ehhh, depends. But being able to track his car leaving his area of residence at like 2:30a all the way to the crime scene, and then speeding away from the crime scene and back to his area of residence perfectly in the timeline is something. Especially when his DNA is the only DNA on the sheath of a knife. At this point it’s hard to believe it’s not him. Which doesn’t mean he’d be convicted for sure obviously.

Reactions: BrainVision
Maybe I’m wrong but the accused seems like the type of guy that would want to talk or even brag about the things he may or may not have done. I don’t think he will be a tough nut to crack. By the looks of things this was an obsession of his and he won’t just be able to separate after the fact.

Were I on the jury, I absolutely would not vote to convict based on the evidence that is currently known. Nothing at all has been proven. We have evidence that his car and his phone have been in the neighborhood before and were there again the night of the murders, which is almost certainly not unique to him. We have evidence that he may have touched a sheath that was found at the site, but we have no idea when, where, or how he may have contacted that sheath. We also have no idea how or when the sheath arrived at the site.

That's it. We do not have a motive. We do not have a murder weapon. We do not have a witness. We do not have anything at all linking him to the victims. He may very well be the murderer, but I do not think that has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt given the evidence of which we are currently aware.
I think it’s questionable right now. Chances are you’ll never have a motive or witness. And unless he’s stupid they wont find the murder weapon. I think they’ll need more to establish who he was type of thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT