ADVERTISEMENT

Idaho murders suspect

Driving through the neighborhood occasionally is definitely not damning to me. Were I a juror, I would not need the defense to explain his driving through the neighborhood. I would need the prosecution to prove that he committed the murders, not that he was occasionally in the neighborhood.
Why do you feel the need to constantly drop context?

It’s not ‘occasionally’. It’s ‘at the time of the murders’, which happened between 2-5am, which aren’t exactly random times.

But your constant dropping of context to reframe things is so precise it’s patently obvious what you’re doing.

WHAT AM I DOING?! It is not at all obvious to me. What the hell do you want from me?

My description of driving in the neighborhood "occasionally" was in reference to the reporting that his phone had been spotted in the neighborhood like a dozen times in the past year.

His being in the neighborhood at the time of the murders also is not damning to me, as I assume many, many people were in the neighborhood at the time of the murders.
Were many people tracked driving into the neighborhood immediately prior to the murders and leaving immediately after the murders…. at 4:30am? Again, I’d ask, how reasonable are some of these doubts? You say you don’t know how the sheath got into the house. It seems that short of the prosecution providing 4K security cam footage of the suspect walking into the house the night of the murders you will refuse to do any deductive reasoning as to how it got there. I actually think it is much more likely the police planted the knife sheath at the scene than it is the suspect somehow lost the knife sheath and someone else brought it into the house and left it on the bed of one of the victims all while not leaving any DNA evidence on it.

I do not actually doubt that he was driving in the neighborhood at the time of the murder; I doubt that he is the murderer.

I think that I have been presenting deductive arguments for how the sheath arrived in the home; what I am not doing is assuming the truth of any of the premises other than a sheath being found in the home with the DNA of the accused upon it.

I am not assuming the truth of any of the other premises, because no evidence supporting those premises has thus far been presented. It is all speculation. Given that I do not know whether the other premises are true then I can not lay claim to a sound argument for deducing that the accused is the murderer.

If you would like to present the premises of your argument that lead you to conclude that the accused is the murderer, then I would be happy to consider them.
If I had to take each item by itself it wouldn't lead me to the conclusion that he did it.

Driving in the area once or twice? Ok I can buy that. Nearly a dozen times when you don't live in that neighborhood? That's a little odd especially considering he lived in Pullman, WA and not Moscow Idaho. Why go repeatedly from a larger town to a smaller one? Relative or girlfriend? Maybe but not disclosed. Again seems odd but wouldn't buy a guilty vote.

Phone was off during the time of the murder. Again by its self not a huge deal.

Knife sheath with his DNA found at the location. Again could be a missing knife sheath and it was found and brought into the victims bedroom for safe keeping.

Each by itself (beside the sheath in the bed) wouldn't get me to vote guilty but everything together suggests they have their person. Add to that he was found across the country at the time of arrest.

I wouldn't be surprised if some cold case files are being opened as we speak.

They may have found the killer; I just do not know with certainty. The inductive argument that you are presenting makes sense to me, but the connections are not there for me to conclude that he is the killer.

My pet theory is that the accused did not commit the murder, but he has a good idea who did.
It’s definitely possible he has an accomplice. But it stretches credibility to think he wasn’t there that night. Maybe he was with someone and was just driving. I have a feeling much more evidence will be revealed in short order to make this a slam dunk case. Specifically even if he scrubbed his car and cleaned his apartment as he allegedly did I think Jr would be difficult to be that thorough that you’d have no evidence whatsoever. Their blood would have had to have been all over him.

Looks like we have this sort of thing happening on both sides of the country. Brian Walshe got arrested for the murder of his wife Anna. No body in this one, but all the evidence points to him doing it.

He wouldn’t have a partner IMO. And the evidence “leakage” - a slow and steady process - revealed today that he repeatedly DM’d at least one of the girls, but never got any replies.

Reactions: MagNoleA
My pet theory is not that he worked with an accomplice. I think that he may have known who the killer was and essentially surveilled him, possibly without the killer knowing.
And that in one of the biggest coincidences of all time his DNA ended up on the sheath of a knife laying on the bed of a victim.

My pet theory is not that he worked with an accomplice. I think that he may have known who the killer was and essentially surveilled him, possibly without the killer knowing.
Jim Carrey Ok GIF

• Haha
Reactions: BrainVision
He wouldn’t have a partner IMO. And the evidence “leakage” - a slow and steady process - revealed today that he repeatedly DM’d at least one of the girls, but never got any replies.
Stalker is a word that comes to mind.

Please keep us posted on the latest details.
Theodore Robert Columbo

Reactions: goldmom
If sliding into somebody's DMs a bunch of times counts as stalking, then almost every college student with whom I have worked is a stalker.
Is there a threshold upon which it becomes stalking to you?

1 message without response. Meaningless.
10 messages without a response? Getting weird, bro.
100 messages without response? Not cool.
1000? This shit is going to end up being evidence.

If sliding into somebody's DMs a bunch of times counts as stalking, then almost every college student with whom I have worked is a stalker.
Once with no answer is weird to me but to each his own. After the first one isn't answered you go away, anything past that is needy and stalker behavior. Doing it to the wrong person could generate an ass whipping too.

I'm very sensitive to the word "leakage." Its a traumatic childhood issue that continues to heal... How long have you been a sleuth of sorts? Your spot on accurate information is very robust, riveting and intriguing to all your readers and multitude of followers. Please continue as the hits just keep on comin'. :cool:

So the defendant announced he will be using an alibi defense but that they don’t have a specific place they claim he was. They’re saying he liked to take long drives at night but as of now don’t seem to be offering any evidence to show where he was. And of course, they have the cell phone records, and they have the cameras showing his car coming and going from the vicinity of the murders. Trial scheduled for October.

So the defendant announced he will be using an alibi defense but that they don’t have a specific place they claim he was. They’re saying he liked to take long drives at night but as of now don’t seem to be offering any evidence to show where he was. And of course, they have the cell phone records, and they have the cameras showing his car coming and going from the vicinity of the murders. Trial scheduled for October.
I don't imagine this one will take long. Are the seeking the death penalty?

I sure hope so.
People with this level of mental sickness can never be rehabilitated no matter how much time they spend in jail.
They need to be put down like a rabid dog.
Now, was that absolutely necessary?
Theodore Robert Bundy
I guess you're not a fan of Cujo either.

I sure hope so.
People with this level of mental sickness can never be rehabilitated no matter how much time they spend in jail.
They need to be put down like a rabid dog.
And tell that to the Manson Family parole board.

Leakage could be a mass problem no matter where you are or what you are doing. Its a sensitive word for me.
I guess it all depends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT