ADVERTISEMENT

The Unvacionated

They are weak with Putin because he is no real threat to us. They are a decaying nation. The others fuel terrorist organizations & provide resources important to our economy. Putin would still be in the background if our politicians weren't so hell bent on using the Russians or even Ukraine as the reason elections have occurred the way they have the past 6 years.
The world always needs a bad guy. Nobody takes the fat kid seriously so Putin is it.

Reactions: spencerklly
Putin
Chi
Kim
Iran
Syria
Africa

Plenty of evil dictators out there , some large scale, some just to their own people

Reactions: noletaire
Putin
Chi
Kim
Iran
Syria
Africa

Plenty of evil dictators out there , some large scale, some just to their own people
Qi and the Caliphate worry me more than all. They have more influence than either others. One day we'll use our noggin and expand into Africa. I think those people would do wonders for this world if organizations like Boko Haram can be exiled.

Reactions: noletaire
That's not really how Putin has behaved.

He's been in power since 1999.

He's a full blown dictator.
Tell me what he has done to the world outside of Russia. Is he a bully among his people, probably... but I'd probably have a similar view if I was raised in the USSR & a higher up within the KGB. That's something these other "dictators" don't have, real history of war or struggle.

Tell me what he has done to the world outside of Russia. Is he a bully among his people, probably... but I'd probably have a similar view if I was raised in the USSR & a higher up within the KGB. That's something these other "dictators" don't have, real history of war or struggle.

Here's a short read:

Here's a short read:

Once again. Tell me what threatening gesture he has performed towards the world. Outside of Syria, those are conflicts that have been occurring since the beginning of time between Russians/Eastern Europeans. We literally started three wars in Iraq, Yemen, & Afghanistan... all for what, oil & poppy fields?

The blueprint for what you are saying is already there. The US footprint in Europe has been shrinking for years. 20 years ago there were large bases all over most of Europe, now there are just a handful and one or two large installations able to mount large scale offensives. Finland and Sweden in NATO really hamstrings the Russians as well as large land and air bases in Poland, Bulgaria and Romania. Russia is effectively cut off from the west with or without Ukraine. Them invading was a classic case of biting off more then they could chew.

I went to Russia years ago as part of a good will gesture. We sent people there and they sent people to us. The stark difference in technology was eye opening. Everyone said well they could be hiding all the good stuff which is true. However, you could see on the face of things they truly lacked the same defense infrastructure that the US and other countries have.
The CIA consistently overestimated Soviet and now Russian technological/military ability. George Bush I, when he took over the CIA (1976), increased that overestimation. There is a reason that after Sputnick (1957) we were able to put a man on the moon fairly rapidly and the Soviets never got close. Eisenhower had set us up for success by demanding wide spread engineering schools in the 1950s beyond the then elite private universities (Ivy's, Stanford, U of Chicago, MIT, Cal Tech), as he recognized we had to create the foundation of a technological based society.

Qi and the Caliphate worry me more than all. They have more influence than either others. One day we'll use our noggin and expand into Africa. I think those people would do wonders for this world if organizations like Boko Haram can be exiled.
We have already started. There are full scale bases in Africa plus numbers of other temporary bases. Also, during the cold war the US had bases in Egypt, Libya, Morocco and others.

The CIA consistently overestimated Soviet and now Russian technological/military ability. George Bush I, when he took over the CIA (1976), increased that overestimation. There is a reason that after Sputnick (1957) we were able to put a man on the moon fairly rapidly and the Soviets never got close. Eisenhower had set us up for success by demanding wide spread engineering schools in the 1950s beyond the then elite private universities (Ivy's, Stanford, U of Chicago, MIT, Cal Tech), as he recognized we had to create the foundation of a technological based society.
The military industrial complex we have now couldn't have existed without the cold war and the war on communism.

The benefit to that and the engineering base we have is that offensive and defensive weapons can be developed simultaneously to ensure the upper hand.

In the late 80's I was in a class and someone argued that we couldn't beat the Soviets in an air war because they had 5 times more planes than us. The instructor responded that a third of their planes cant fly and ours can take out multiple planes before they know were there due to superior radars, missiles and defense systems.

Reactions: fsufool
The military industrial complex we have now couldn't have existed without the cold war and the war on communism.

The benefit to that and the engineering base we have is that offensive and defensive weapons can be developed simultaneously to ensure the upper hand.

In the late 80's I was in a class and someone argued that we couldn't beat the Soviets in an air war because they had 5 times more planes than us. The instructor responded that a third of their planes cant fly and ours can take out multiple planes before they know were there due to superior radars, missiles and defense systems.
Most of advanced technology in emergency trauma medicine, as an example, came out of the Korea/Vietnam experiences. The advances in technology were significant that came out of NASA, which of course, was a result of Sputnick. Advances in computer technology (decreasing size and increasing power of chips), including the internet, came out of the Pentagon to help the military in both weapons and logistics. Advances in metallurgy came out of the desire to make better airplanes and electronics to create stealth technology.

Reactions: bcherod
Once again. Tell me what threatening gesture he has performed towards the world. Outside of Syria, those are conflicts that have been occurring since the beginning of time between Russians/Eastern Europeans. We literally started three wars in Iraq, Yemen, & Afghanistan... all for what, oil & poppy fields?

Cyber warfare and election interference against the United States and other countries.

Sitting air defense alert in Holland in the mid-70s, we figured they'd send all their Mig 15s, 17s, and 19s first to soak up as many of our missiles as they could.
We had enough missiles on base for each airplane to fly 1.5 missions before we had to wait for the C-141 to bring us more.

Cyber warfare and election interference against the United States and other countries.

How did that affect anything? Can you name one thing we don't do as well?

Not really the same thing as kinetic engagement but there always is some sort of meddling in elections. Pretty sure we wrote the manual on it. If we want safe elections we need to secure them by all available means.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
Sitting air defense alert in Holland in the mid-70s, we figured they'd send all their Mig 15s, 17s, and 19s first to soak up as many of our missiles as they could.
We had enough missiles on base for each airplane to fly 1.5 missions before we had to wait for the C-141 to bring us more.
F-4 's could hold a lot of iron. 9 or so missiles if I remember depending on the package. Right around 1000 if my math is right. That's just there. Add to that planes from Spang, Bitburg, Ramstein, Sembach, Bentwaters, Zaragoza, Torrejon, Lakenheath, Weisbaden, Zweibruken ect... That's a lot of Mig kills.

I remember doing the elephant walks at the end of exercises to simulate launching everything. Pretty cool stuff.

Are you not able to think for yourself instead of posting articles without reading through the entirety first? The big background topic to both of those is Russian collusion during the elections which has been taken off the table twice.

Russia was proven to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.

Is that acceptable to you?

Interfered how? Was it successful? Does that mean Trump should have won? Is Biden in Russia's pockets? Is Trump in Russia's pockets? You keep posting articles I can't read.

Don't forget about the Ukrainians either... here's one we can all read.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
I find it weird the Ukrainians support the Dems & the Russians support the GOP. Maybe they are US politic's spirit animals.
That seems odd to me as well. However, given certain business dealings in that country it is not at all surprising.

Reactions: spencerklly

"President Joe Biden offered an absolute guarantee Wednesday that people who get their COVID-19 vaccines are completely protected from infection, sickness and death from the coronavirus."

Now we all know that wasn't true but.... the leader of the free world said it on national TV. Moron and Hillbilly? Ever try research?
I beg to differ. Trump was in office in 2020. He said on National TV multiple times that it was a flu.

That seems odd to me as well. However, given certain business dealings in that country it is not at all surprising.
If Reagan or 41 were president, I assure you that Russia would not support the GOP. Also, there are plenty of Russians here, in Tallahassee that support Ukraine.

Brian you keep saying Russia influences in our elation like their satan or something

Don’t tell me all countries don’t mingle including the US

Hillary did it by blaming the Russians when in fact it was a bought and paid for scam by her!

Twitter and other social media platforms did it in 2020

Soros has his fingers in our elections

FBI and Doj kept hunters laptop under wraps just before the 2020 election

51 intelligence people signed a statement that the laptop was Russian misinformation

It’s always blame the Russians when in fact it’s Americans doing the dirty work

It’s all bullshit

Start calling a spade a spade , I don’t care what party is involved call them out!

Robbery and drugs in San Diego (drugs were at customs going into mexico). In 2013 we stayed at the Westin near LAX. Saw drug deals all along Century Blvd and heard gun shot all weekend long.. which I assume was criminal activity.

GO NOLES!!!
LOL. Are you familiar with Miami? Even Tallahassee. Oh and the meth areas around Madison? If you haven’t seen the drug issues in Florida, then you’re not paying attention.

Not sure why your calling me out but... I'm not sure you fully understand how Defense budgets work. 10% of the annual budgets isn't peanuts its more than 5 member countries pay into NATO every year. That's money that could be going to facilities, cyber programs, new technology or maintenance of existing equipment. Is the safety of Ukraine worth the lives of US troops? Since the answer is yes then go and do it. Get rid of him now while he's weak. Don't continue to pour money into another war of attrition. There's more to the US spending money over there than the safety of the Ukrainian people. If that was the concern Russia wouldn't have attacked them.
Okay. I speak to my brother regularly. We do not have troops in Ukraine. That is patently false. There are Americans there by their own volition.

Secondly, the military (upper brass) observes the usage of our equipment and how it performs. All agree, even my borderline Maga brother, says that this is a good situation for our military in terms of performance. We are able to test our weapons’ performance without losing lives in a war.

And for the record, he was a navigator on a B52 crew during Viet Nam, and has run programs since for naval intelligence.

Not sure if serious, if joking: good one. If not.... well..... SMH.
1999 Yugoslavia (or what remained left of it after the Bosnian Wars), a sovereign nation that posed NO threat to any nation outside of its borders
OMG. I can’t believe you believe that. Where did you get that information? The Serbs were killing Bosnians. Both my brother and nephew were there.

I have Croatian friends that certainly tell a different story.

• Love
Building American hegemony is real. We organized the world under Bretton Woods in an carrot and stick formation over the Soviets. If you supported us generally against the Soviets, then we would protect trade routes and open our consumer base to you. That stance rebuilt the world, post WW2. However, we started to back away from globalization for various reasons. We allowed Russian incursions thinking that they would finally join the world in global trade using their oil and gas as their main trading component. In that space the US and western Europe provided the equipment and know how to them. However, Putin saw it as the west being weak and not willing to step up to them. He was wrong. There is historical reasons why they want to control Ukraine, mostly as a protective corridor from greater Europe and their need for its grain.

We now know they could never had won Ukraine in any meaningful way; just don't have the ability to control a country of that size. And we realized that we can use Ukraine as an effective way to finish the Russians for good. Demographically they are done, with fertility rates and demographic formations that make it impossible to recover (just not enough women in child bearing years). Militarily, they don't have the industrial base nor the knowhow to arm a modern military. Most of their equipment is 1-2 generations (tanks, airplanes, missiles, etc.) behind and they are already using weapons built/designed from the 1960s and 1970s. They have effectively neutered themselves.

Adding Finland and maybe Sweden to NATO is a big bonus. The real question is if the USA will continue to withdraw from globalization in favor of having a small regional based trading system which will actually make it stronger and no longer require it to maintain global trading routes with its Navy? Mexico, Canada, USA and a few South American countries like Columbia, Argentina, Chile (Lithium) and Bolivia (Lithium) would be all the USA would need going forward. Let the Europeans and the Asians protect their own trading routes and deal with the Middle East. Literally Russia and China are the only countries that we still are trying to contain and Israel and Taiwan are the only country we fully support, no questions asked that are outside of our region.
We also support South Korea and Japan, and we have had favored nation status with Brazil for ages.

OMG. I can’t believe you believe that. Where did you get that information? The Serbs were killing Bosnians. Both my brother and nephew were there.

I have Croatian friends that certainly tell a different story.
First, of all you're confusing the Bosnian Wars 1994-96 with NATO bombardment of Serbia in 1999. Two different conflicts. In the Bosnian War, Croats, Bosniaks, and Serbs were killing each other,,,, at least 200,000 Serbs were forcilbly removed "ethnic cleansed" from the Krajina... but again, I was talking about NATO's bombing campaign against Serbia, not the Bosnian War.

F-4 's could hold a lot of iron. 9 or so missiles if I remember depending on the package. Right around 1000 if my math is right. That's just there. Add to that planes from Spang, Bitburg, Ramstein, Sembach, Bentwaters, Zaragoza, Torrejon, Lakenheath, Weisbaden, Zweibruken ect... That's a lot of Mig kills.

I remember doing the elephant walks at the end of exercises to simulate launching everything. Pretty cool stuff.
Our alert load was 4 AIM 9E's, 4 AIM 7F's, and 640 rounds of 20mm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT