ADVERTISEMENT

The Unvacionated

Okay. I speak to my brother regularly. We do not have troops in Ukraine. That is patently false. There are Americans there by their own volition.

Secondly, the military (upper brass) observes the usage of our equipment and how it performs. All agree, even my borderline Maga brother, says that this is a good situation for our military in terms of performance. We are able to test our weapons’ performance without losing lives in a war.

And for the record, he was a navigator on a B52 crew during Viet Nam, and has run programs since for naval intelligence.
There's no way you don't believe there's CIA or some special operations outfits, no matter how small, running around Ukraine. We know there are those there under their own volition but who do you think employs some of them? That's almost like saying there aren't clandestine operations stateside because it is "illegal".

Last edited:
Some people were vaccinated against polio, and they still got it, but it was not as severe as those who were not vaccinated.
Not exactly how that went down. There were two competing vaccines the inactivated Salk vaccine first introduced and a competing Sabin vaccine with live, but weakened virus. The original Salk was around 85% effective, while the oral Sabin vaccine offered better efficacy and longer lasting immunity because it worked in the digestive system where polio starts in the human body.

The original Sabin vaccine was introduced in 1955 and one of the original batches given to 200,000 children was defective causing 40,000 children to get polio and killed 10, paralyzing 200. From 1955 to 1963, an estimated 10-30% of polio vaccines administered in the US were contaminated with simian virus 40 (SV40). The virus came from monkey kidney cell cultures used to make polio vaccines at that time. Most of the contamination was in the inactivated polio vaccine (IPV), but it was also found in oral polio vaccine (OPV). Salk was denied the Nobel prize because of the amount of kids who got polio or the simian virus as a result of his vaccine. 3 years after the roll out of the Salk vaccine over 50% of parents refused to consider any vaccination and several manufacturers stop producing them.

It was really the oral Sabin that was the reason polio disappeared from the US. There is a political element as the Salk vaccine was favored by US officials and Sabin had to test his vaccine overseas, mainly in Soviet Russia. It was released in the US in 1962. Had there not been politics, the Sabin vaccine could have been rolled out in the mid 1950s, like it was in Russia. The oral Sabin vaccine is what most of us older folks remember getting in school. This was used until 2000 and polio was eliminated from the US. Still used in parts of the world where there is still polio and Israel for some strange reason???

Reactions: noletaire
The real question is if the USA will continue to withdraw from globalization in favor of having a small regional based trading system which will actually make it stronger and no longer require it to maintain global trading routes with its Navy? Mexico, Canada, USA and a few South American countries like Columbia, Argentina, Chile (Lithium) and Bolivia (Lithium) would be all the USA would need going forward. Let the Europeans and the Asians protect their own trading routes and deal with the Middle East. Literally Russia and China are the only countries that we still are trying to contain and Israel and Taiwan are the only country we fully support, no questions asked that are outside of our region.
Recent example of USA based companies starting to disengage with GLOBALIZATION. Ford Motor Company has just signed a Lithium deal with 3 corporations that source their lithium from Nevada, Canada, Chile and a small amount from Australia. In addition there are two new lithium production facilities in North Carolina and South Carolina. Just a couple years ago it was felt the lithium market was too dependent on China for its production.

Okay. I speak to my brother regularly. We do not have troops in Ukraine. That is patently false. There are Americans there by their own volition.

Secondly, the military (upper brass) observes the usage of our equipment and how it performs. All agree, even my borderline Maga brother, says that this is a good situation for our military in terms of performance. We are able to test our weapons’ performance without losing lives in a war.

And for the record, he was a navigator on a B52 crew during Viet Nam, and has run programs since for naval intelligence.
First, I was referring to the troops in Ukraine prior to the war along with the State Department and others. If there are SF troops there now its not of public record. These of course were removed prior to the invasion. Part of what Russia was angry about was the US and NATO troops being there in the first place along with countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia and Moldova.

Second, people know what they are told and your never told everything. Ask your brother. However, here are some articles that are public knowledge.

Last edited:
If Reagan or 41 were president, I assure you that Russia would not support the GOP. Also, there are plenty of Russians here, in Tallahassee that support Ukraine.
No but they were more centrist. Russia supports the GOP now because they are more nationalist and don't want the US patrolling other peoples borders. Trump floated pulling out of NATO and letting Ukraine into NATO was a non starter. What's odd to me is that Russia doesn't want a demorcrat president here when they perceive them as weak. They would be far better off with Trump as they wouldn't have needed to invade. Not saying that's good or bad just saying that foreign policy over there is tricky.

Reactions: noletaire
Our alert load was 4 AIM 9E's, 4 AIM 7F's, and 640 rounds of 20mm.
That's still a lot. I forgot about the belly gun. If each base has 72 planes and enough missiles for 1.5 missions the Migs would have to soak up around 9000 missiles. Even batting .500 they would lose a lot of aircraft. That's not even counting the SAM sites. Still glad they never came though.

That's still a lot. I forgot about the belly gun. If each base has 72 planes and enough missiles for 1.5 missions the Migs would have to soak up around 9000 missiles. Even batting .500 they would lose a lot of aircraft. That's not even counting the SAM sites. Still glad they never came though.
We were a one squadron operation with 18 airplanes on a Dutch NATO base. British Lightnings sat alert at Gutersloh AB in Germany and I think Hahn AFB (F4s) also sat alert.
Also, would probably keep at least one on board in case you got tapped on RTB.

Reactions: BrianNole777
We were a one squadron operation with 18 airplanes on a Dutch NATO base. British Lightnings sat alert at Gutersloh AB in Germany and I think Hahn AFB (F4s) also sat alert.
Also, would probably keep at least one on board in case you got tapped on RTB.
I forgot about Hahn. I was at TJ during the mid 80's. We would deploy to Aviano and Incirlick to sit alert.

There's no way you don't believe there's CIA or some special operations outfits, no matter how small, running around Ukraine. We know there are those there under their own volition but who do you think employs some of them? That's almost like saying there aren't clandestine operations stateside because it is "illegal".
I find it hard to believe the "nationalist Russians" that just performed an attack in Russia weren't backed by the CIA. This is the type of operation they are famous for.

I find it hard to believe the "nationalist Russians" that just performed an attack in Russia weren't backed by the CIA. This is the type of operation they are famous for.
I mean, we pretty much wrote the book on doing this stuff successfully.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT