ADVERTISEMENT

Why Eliminating the SAT is bad for students from poor families

LOLOL. I'm actually noting that natural selection 'seems' to make some beliefs and behaviors less desirable and less reproduced. Puritan values have been fabulously successful in building a tremendous country that is the (however imperfect) model for the world. I encourage you to read "The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism" by Max Weber, a famous German sociologist, written in the early 1900's. Disease is emphatically NOT one of the main reason Puritans, Pilgrims, and Protestants generally were successful in the New World. It's only one book, but it's a start. There are many other, probably better, books that you'd benefit from.
Again, relevance? There are countless cultures across the world that have more than 2 genders. Why is it relevant that you prefer the puritan's views?

The youth shall lead us.
Adios and good riddance to all us dinosaurs.
Just need to wait 15-20 more years until all of the kids who have been groomed since childhood to tolerate such nonsense reach positions of power. Of course, “that” probably won’t be much worse than what we have already seen from dementia-affected old coots like Biden, Pelosi, Feinstein, Waters, Sanders, etc., etc.

Recent and current performance confirms that we need mandatory retirement from public service at age 75, max, or rigorous mental screening for anyone who wants to be the exception.

Just need to wait 15-20 more years until all of the kids who have been groomed since childhood to tolerate such nonsense reach positions of power. Of course, “that” probably won’t be much worse than what we have already seen from dementia-affected old coots like Biden, Pelosi, Feinstein, Waters, Sanders, etc., etc.

Recent and current performance confirms that we need mandatory retirement from public service at age 75, max, or rigorous mental screening for anyone who wants to be the exception.
Of course you’ve gotta be right since everything we need to know about life we can get from you and your Angus cattle.
All these nonsense humans who were born male or female but don’t identify that way we should show we do NOT tolerate by doing what exactly? Disposing of them before more of our kids get “groomed”? Mocking them until they commit suicide? Should we also imprison or snuff all the dang scientists who keep validating this newfangled idiocy?
What’s your solution to all this ridiculous “nonsense”?

Of course you’ve gotta be right since everything we need to know about life we can get from you and your Angus cattle.
All these nonsense humans who were born male or female but don’t identify that way we should show we do NOT tolerate by doing what exactly? Disposing of them before more of our kids get “groomed”? Mocking them until they commit suicide? Should we also imprison or snuff all the dang scientists who keep validating this newfangled idiocy?
All these males or females can identify how ever they want can wear what they want and act how they want. Personally I don't care what people identify as. If a guy want s to identify as a Giraffe go ahead. However people want to identify (guy, girl, mix, both, nothing, dog or cat) doesn't matter they are still male or female. No amount of surgery will change that. Show me a man that transitioned to a woman and had children actually conceived, carried and birthed a child naturally. Or show me a woman that transitioned and fathered children. They haven't because they cant.

I can put two bulls in a pen one with a sign that says cow and ill never get a calf from them. No matter how much I want to.

Again, relevance? There are countless cultures across the world that have more than 2 genders. Why is it relevant that you prefer the puritan's views?
There are? Please list them. I see alot of places that have numerous gender identities. Even the oxford dictionary starts with the simple definition based on two.

the male sex or the female sex, especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones, or one of a range of other identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.

The youth shall lead us.
Adios and good riddance to all us dinosaurs.
They wont not at this rate. Once they figure out if they are a boy or a girl and what social justice platform to advocate they wont have the energy for a career.

Sad part is that there are actually older folks that believe this nonsense or say they do.

Why is it relevant that you prefer other views? Why is one less important than the other?

All these males or females can identify how ever they want can wear what they want and act how they want. Personally I don't care what people identify as. If a guy want s to identify as a Giraffe go ahead. However people want to identify (guy, girl, mix, both, nothing, dog or cat) doesn't matter they are still male or female. No amount of surgery will change that. Show me a man that transitioned to a woman and had children actually conceived, carried and birthed a child naturally. Or show me a woman that transitioned and fathered children. They haven't because they cant.

I can put two bulls in a pen one with a sign that says cow and ill never get a calf from them. No matter how much I want to.
Not sure why you replied to me since my question was to Johnnie regarding his funny rant about kids being groomed, and not tolerating this nonsense.
But hope you feel better.

They wont not at this rate. Once they figure out if they are a boy or a girl and what social justice platform to advocate they wont have the energy for a career.

Sad part is that there are actually older folks that believe this nonsense or say they do.
Enjoy your hyperbolic fear about natural stuff that isn’t gonna bring the End Times.

Not sure why you replied to me since my question was to Johnnie regarding his funny rant about kids being groomed, and not tolerating this nonsense.
But hope you feel better.
It was a general response. Guess I could have just added it at the end. Wasn't really ranting at you per sey.

1955? Shit, there were more than 2 genders in America before westerners stumbled ashore.

Ok so they believed in two spirited people and that's fine. That isn't part of my belief system nor is it scientific proof. So since the Bible cites only male and female is that proof of only two genders?

"In 1955, the controversial and innovative sexologist John Money first used the term “gender” in a way that we all now take for granted: to describe a human characteristic". https://www.ubcpress.ca/the-man-who-invented-gender

"In the journals of the American Physiological Society, gender was first introduced into a title in 1982, whereas sex had been used since the early 1920s". https://journals.physiology.org/doi...:text=In the journals of the,of sex (Table 1).

Enjoy your hyperbolic fear about natural stuff that isn’t gonna bring the End Times.
No fear about it because its not natural. Like I said I think its funny that people actually buy into this stuff. Like Bigfoot or Flat Earth Theory yet these same people mock others that think we didn't land on the moon. One is equally amusing as the other.

The things that scare me are those that will contribute to society declining. Immigration, crime, gun violence, a declining economy, inflation and China are all things we should be worrying about but lets stick with pronouns, birthing people and men having periods. Those are the big ticket items.

Stop making sense please. Don’t interrupt the lectures we’re getting from MEN who are surrounded by other MEN who live in an echo chamber.
For generations we’ve all been entertained (and tolerant) of our fellow human beings in television and movies who’ve dressed in clothing we determine appropriate for “the other sex” and it hasn’t been an issue. Many of us know of someone who had surgery that enabled them to “reassign” their gender, albeit in an external and mostly skin deep fashion.
But you’re correct about the reproductive ability that cannot be surgically altered.
I’m grateful that I am happy in my gender but I hope that those who have been born with the challenge of true gender dysphoria can be helped by skilled therapists.

FYI if the superior (and honestly affected) tone of some on this board keeps up, it may lose its attraction for me...

You probably forgot that I was answering YOUR post:
"How is that relevant? Or is your position that only values brought over the puritans are valid because they managed to kill off the natives with disease?"

Which are the values I gave. What is your problem?
Get out your calculator now, and multiply 3,500,000 x 0.018%. Be sure you don't multiply by 0.018. Multiply by 0.018%. Let me know what number your calculator shows. Mine shows 630 intersex births, not "65,000 babies."

Last edited:
Ok so they believed in two spirited people and that's fine. That isn't part of my belief system nor is it scientific proof. So since the Bible cites only male and female is that proof of only two genders?

"In 1955, the controversial and innovative sexologist John Money first used the term “gender” in a way that we all now take for granted: to describe a human characteristic". https://www.ubcpress.ca/the-man-who-invented-gender

"In the journals of the American Physiological Society, gender was first introduced into a title in 1982, whereas sex had been used since the early 1920s". https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/japplphysiol.00376.2005#:~:text=In the journals of the,of sex (Table 1).
That's fine. You are free to believe what you want. But you have no right to impose your beliefs on others. I couldn't care less what the bible has to say about it. It's fine that you do. But we are not a christian nationalist state yet.

Reactions: bcherod
Get out your calculator now, and multiply 3,500,000 x 0.018%. Be sure you don't multiply by 0.018. Multiply by 0.018%. Let me know what number your calculator shows. Mine shows 630 intersex births, not "65,000 babies."
So somewhere between 630 and 130000 each year.

So my comment "assuming it's obvious" stands. Thanks.

That's fine. You are free to believe what you want. But you have no right to impose your beliefs on others. I couldn't care less what the bible has to say about it. It's fine that you do. But we are not a christian nationalist state yet.
I don't subscribe to the Bible system of beliefs either which is part of the point. Nobody is imposing anything on you. You believe men can be women and I don't.

This is, again, conflating sex with gender. They are fundamentally different concepts and characteristics. The former refers to anatomy and/or physiology. The latter refers to identity and/or personality. There are lots of men and women who can not have children; that does not mean that they are not men or women.

I think if we can just agree on this distinction in concepts, then the majority of the disagreement is resolved.
Yes gender is a concept on that you are correct. You can be any gender they create but you are still male or female.

Sex is also a concept, and it is also a nonbinary concept that exists on a spectrum.

The mutability of sex depends on how you define and assign sex. If you define and assign sex based on external anatomy, then gender affirmation surgery can and does change sex to affirm gender. If you define and assign sex based on circulating gonadocorticoids, then hormone replacement therapy can and does change sex to affirm gender. If you define and assign sex based solely on genotype, then sex can not currently be changed.

Most of the transgender people whom I know would be happy if people just respected their identities and privacy and let them live their lives without foisting questions, opinions, or insults regarding their anatomy, physiology, genetics, or healthcare upon them.
Interesting and alarming. Oxford defines sex as:

Either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions; (hence) the members of these categories viewed as a group; the males or females of a particular species, esp. the human race, considered collectively.

On the basis of their reproductive functions. No surgery, hormone replacement or changing of definitions will change that.

They can do what they want but they are still one or the other.

That is one of the definitions that the Oxford English Dictionary provides for sex. It is not the only one, and it does not reflect the complexity and variety of definitions that are used in practice. The other definitions included in the OED include:
1b. A (notional) third division of humanity regarded as analogous to, or as falling between, the male and female sexes; spec. that consisting of: (a) eunuchs or transsexual or transgender people; †(b) humorously clergymen (obsolete); (c) homosexual people collectively.
2a. Quality in respect of being male or female, or an instance of this; the state or fact of belonging to a particular sex; possession or membership of a sex.
4a. The distinction between male and female, esp. in humans; this distinction as a social or cultural phenomenon, and its manifestations or consequences; (in later use esp.) relations and interactions between the sexes; sexual motives, instincts, desires, etc.

If you ascribe to the very narrow and prescriptivist definition of sex that essentializes the concept as reproductive ability, then you are left with the repugnant situation of declaring that postmenopausal women and women who have had a hysterectomy are no longer female and that sterile men or men who have had a vasectomy are no longer male.

It also explicitly leads to the conclusion that gender affirming surgery and hormone replacement therapy do, indeed, change a person's sex, as they necessarily alter a person's reproductive ability.
Oh so gender affirming surgery can make a man get pregnant or a woman father kids? Why didn't you just say so? Nice try though at twisting words. Still not working. You do you buddy.

Reactions: goldmom
I am saying that gender affirming surgery necessarily changes the reproductive ability of a person, which according to the definition of sex that ascribes it to reproductive ability means that gender affirming surgery necessarily changes a person's sex.

If the ability to become pregnant determines whether a woman is female, as that narrow definition denotes, then postmenopausal women and women who have had hysterectomies are not female. If the ability to father kids determines whether a man is male, as that narrow definition denotes, then men who are sterile or who have had a vasectomy are no longer male.

The counterfactual would hold true as well: if the inability to become pregnant determines that a person is male, then a person who has gender affirming surgery and is no longer able to become pregnant is, by that definition, male. If the inability to father children determines that a person is female, then a person who has gender affirming surgery and is no longer able to father children is, by that definition, female.
Good Morning No GIF by The Grinch

Right, that you don't have a real argument other than you don't like it so it shouldn't be allowed.
I've made my argument as he has. Twisting words and definitions like substituting ability for function and utilizing notional definitions doesn't change the basic facts. What you identify as or where you are on the masculine feminine spectrum doesn't change the basic fact that people are mostly either male or female. Except for that .018% that you pointed out. We can disagree on this and its ok. I don't like it of course but in the big picture of things it doesn't matter what you or I agree with or like.

I think this horse is dead now.

I've made my argument as he has. Twisting words and definitions like substituting ability for function and utilizing notional definitions doesn't change the basic facts. What you identify as or where you are on the masculine feminine spectrum doesn't change the basic fact that people are mostly either male or female. Except for that .018% that you pointed out. We can disagree on this and its ok. I don't like it of course but in the big picture of things it doesn't matter what you or I agree with or like.

I think this horse is dead now.
Right, the basic facts:
1. Sex is not binary.
2. Gender is not binary, and hasn't been for a very, very long time.

This is, again, conflating sex with gender. They are fundamentally different concepts and characteristics. The former refers to anatomy and/or physiology. The latter refers to identity and/or personality. There are lots of men and women who can not have children; that does not mean that they are not men or women.

I think if we can just agree on this distinction in concepts, then the majority of the disagreement is resolved.
but
I am saying that gender affirming surgery necessarily changes the reproductive ability of a person, which according to the definition of sex that ascribes it to reproductive ability means that gender affirming surgery necessarily changes a person's sex.

If the ability to become pregnant determines whether a woman is female, as that narrow definition denotes, then postmenopausal women and women who have had hysterectomies are not female. If the ability to father kids determines whether a man is male, as that narrow definition denotes, then men who are sterile or who have had a vasectomy are no longer male.

The counterfactual would hold true as well: if the inability to become pregnant determines that a person is male, then a person who has gender affirming surgery and is no longer able to become pregnant is, by that definition, male. If the inability to father children determines that a person is female, then a person who has gender affirming surgery and is no longer able to father children is, by that definition, female.
Oh wow. So I am no longer a female because I’m post menopausal.
I retain every bit of my female plumbing that I was born with, and if that’s a narrow determination so be it. I still have my mammary glands that I was born with but dang - I’m no longer female.
Your training deals with areas of the human body above the neck. I’m sure there are persons out there that you’re able to counsel who wish to be something other than their birth gender and I think your help is tremendously appreciated in that regard. And I do think individuals who decide to identify as the gender opposite from what they were born as may benefit from talking it through with a professional. I wonder if the swimmer from Penn who now identifies as a woman has spoken with a professional and will thus decide to have their penis removed. (Because while they decided to identify and compete as a female this past year, the male genitalia remained intact)
My good friend from high school who is a retired OB/GYN got a good laugh when I read this to him. He assured me that the equipment that developed in utero remains there throughout your life regardless of how it’s utilized. The chromosome that makes us male or female never changes.
Until and unless a person born as a male undergoes full transitional procedures and gives birth they are a male.

Stop making sense please. Don’t interrupt the lectures we’re getting from MEN who are surrounded by other MEN who live in an echo chamber.
For generations we’ve all been entertained (and tolerant) of our fellow human beings in television and movies who’ve dressed in clothing we determine appropriate for “the other sex” and it hasn’t been an issue. Many of us know of someone who had surgery that enabled them to “reassign” their gender, albeit in an external and mostly skin deep fashion.
But you’re correct about the reproductive ability that cannot be surgically altered.
I’m grateful that I am happy in my gender but I hope that those who have been born with the challenge of true gender dysphoria can be helped by skilled therapists.

FYI if the superior (and honestly affected) tone of some on this board keeps up, it may lose its attraction for me...
It's a small group of "elitists" who seem to enjoy arguing with themselves. Makes you wonder what else they may have going on (if anything). And that banter continues unabated, while other views are often deleted because someone does not like the different point of view.

The rest of the site is generally so dormant that I'm not sure this really makes any sense from an informational or entertainment perspective. I feel bad for Jerry, but hopefully he has minimal personal $kin in this game.

If your phone don't ring you'll know it's me.

Accept your aberration. Just like albinos, 7'6" people, or folks with 6 toes. Do whatever you want. No one is saying you should be treated "unfairly." But don't demand that society must do quadruple somersaults to accommodate your rather remarkable situation. You don't get to swim against the girls or demand that tampons be placed in the boys' bathroom. Not that hard.

but

Oh wow. So I am no longer a female because I’m post menopausal.
I retain every bit of my female plumbing that I was born with, and if that’s a narrow determination so be it. I still have my mammary glands that I was born with but dang - I’m no longer female.
Your training deals with areas of the human body above the neck. I’m sure there are persons out there that you’re able to counsel who wish to be something other than their birth gender and I think your help is tremendously appreciated in that regard. And I do think individuals who decide to identify as the gender opposite from what they were born as may benefit from talking it through with a professional. I wonder if the swimmer from Penn who now identifies as a woman has spoken with a professional and will thus decide to have their penis removed. (Because while they decided to identify and compete as a female this past year, the male genitalia remained intact)
My good friend from high school who is a retired OB/GYN got a good laugh when I read this to him. He assured me that the equipment that developed in utero remains there throughout your life regardless of how it’s utilized. The chromosome that makes us male or female never changes.
Until and unless a person born as a male undergoes full transitional procedures and gives birth they are a male.
The really funny part about this is that Geddy's definition of male/female that you are so upset with. The good Dr was explaining why it was a bad definition.
You just came in here jerking your knee and hit Geddy square in the bottom.

Accept your aberration. Just like albinos, 7'6" people, or folks with 6 toes. Do whatever you want. No one is saying you should be treated "unfairly." But don't demand that society must do quadruple somersaults to accommodate your rather remarkable situation. You don't get to swim against the girls or demand that tampons be placed in the boys' bathroom. Not that hard.
How does tampons in men's rooms hurt you?

Reactions: NoleSince1961

^^^^1000% great post
It's a small group of "elitists" who seem to enjoy arguing with themselves. Makes you wonder what else they may have going on (if anything). And that banter continues unabated, while other views are often deleted because someone does not like the different point of view.
^^^^ Yep.

How does tampons in men's rooms hurt you?
Why is this needed? It’s just stupid. Like why doesn’t my car dealership offer snake anti-venom in the waiting room? Because NO ONE IN THE WAITING ROOM NEEDS OR WANTS THAT.

It’s weird. If you want tampons in boys’ bathrooms, YOU ARE A FREAK. It needs to be said, point-blank, and you need to be labeled as an oddball if you want them there. That ain’t normal.

Why is this needed? It’s just stupid. Like why doesn’t my car dealership offer snake anti-venom in the waiting room? Because NO ONE IN THE WAITING ROOM NEEDS OR WANTS THAT.

It’s weird. If you want tampons in boys’ bathrooms, YOU ARE A FREAK. It needs to be said, point-blank, and you need to be labeled as an oddball if you want them there. That ain’t normal.
Ah, so basic bullying reasons. Can't help the 'freaks', they should beat up instead!
Same with those dumb baby changing stations, only women do that stuff!!

If there were feminine hygiene products in men's rooms then men could help out their female friends when they are in need. How is that bad?

Ah, so basic bullying reasons. Can't help the 'freaks', they should beat up instead!
Same with those dumb baby changing stations, only women do that stuff!!

If there were feminine hygiene products in men's rooms then men could help out their female friends when they are in need. How is that bad?
Real/normal females NEVER openly talk about “that.” If you know 12-15 year old girls asking BOYS for tampons, they are FREAKS. Put the products in THE GIRLS’ bathrooms, and encourage them to take everything they need.

Anyone thinking BOYS need to be actively exposed to that is also a FREAK.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT