ADVERTISEMENT

Why Eliminating the SAT is bad for students from poor families

I am not sure if people don't understand the actual definition of "bigot," or if it is just a reflexive part of the modern weaponized vocabulary. You know....when you disagree with someone, you loudly label them a racist, homophobe, anti-Semitic, misogynist, bigot, whatever. And if you can get the MEDIA to pick up on those usually bogus labels, you can often neutralize your target.
So let’s all heed JohnnieHolmesNole’s preferred form of social discourse and coexistence with all those whose gender identity doesn’t align with their birth sex and other statistical outliers, whom you think we should probably ship off to a leper’s island — which of course is to gleefully refer to them as FREAKS for message board Likes from likeminded empathic souls.
And God forbid we should extend an iota of effort to “tolerate” those misfit aberrations, let alone accommodate them.
What a model of human behavior we should all aspire to follow.
Oh, and of course don’t weaponize your vocabulary.

So let’s all heed JohnnieHolmesNole’s preferred form of social discourse and coexistence with all those whose gender identity doesn’t align with their birth sex and other statistical outliers, whom you think we should probably ship off to a leper’s island — which of course is to gleefully refer to them as FREAKS for message board Likes from likeminded empathic souls.
And God forbid we should extend an iota of effort to “tolerate” those misfit aberrations, let alone accommodate them.
What a model of human behavior we should all aspire to follow.
Oh, and of course don’t weaponize your vocabulary.
Is that who this is? Make's sense.

Your source is not from the NIH. It is an opinion piece from Leonard Sax, who has made a career of being a controversial contrarian, especially on the topic of gender, and whose affiliation is a "research center" that appears to be a P.O. Box in the middle of nowhere, Pennsylvania.
Yes, I should have said, "from the NIH website." Thanks for the correction. I don't know if the rest of your post is true, but the "controversial" opinion is the same one I've been reading for the last 25 years; intersex babies are exceedingly rare. Nowhere remotely close to 1%-2% unless you stretch the definition drastically, which was the point of that NIH website piece I linked to.

Reactions: fsufool
So somewhere between 630 and 130000 each year.

So my comment "assuming it's obvious" stands. Thanks.
LOLOLOL. I think you mean, "So somewhere between 630 and 640. I was only off by a factor of 100. Thanks.

I am not sure if people don't understand the actual definition of "bigot," or if it is just a reflexive part of the modern weaponized vocabulary. You know....when you disagree with someone, you loudly label them a racist, homophobe, anti-Semitic, misogynist, bigot, whatever. And if you can get the MEDIA to pick up on those usually bogus labels, you can often neutralize your target.
This is the Cambridge definition for bigot. Please explain how @BelemNole used it improperly.

bigot
noun [ C ] US

/ˈbɪɡ·ət/

a person who has strong, unreasonable ideas, esp. about race or religion, and who thinks anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong:

Reactions: bcherod
LOL. None of this has anything to do with “race or religion.” And none of my ideas are “unreasonable.” Your crowd just doesn’t like or agree with them. 🤡
Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Reactions: bcherod
These posts are incredibly unreasonable. You are literally screaming that people need to be bullied and ostracized as "FREAKS" for talking about menstruation and attempting to support people experiencing that very normal phenomenon.
If you really think menstrual products properly belong in the bathrooms of young boys — which is the topic that was being addressed — I think “freak” is one of the nicer words that could/should be offered for you.

You made the claim while quoting Belem's post. Back it up or shut up.
You guys opened this board but apparently expected everyone to agree with “your” narratives. When people feel differently, you, the purported moderator, go on the attack with a couple of your other left-leaning cohorts.

Funny business model. I just hope @JerryKutz has limited personal skin in this game. He is a very nice man and a good Nole, but I think more and more people are drifting away from this place. Sad.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
You guys opened this board but apparently expected everyone to agree with “your” narratives. When people feel differently, you, the purported moderator, go on the attack with a couple of your other left-leaning cohorts.

Funny business model. I just hope @JerryKutz has limited personal skin in this game. He is a very nice man and a good Nole, but I think more and more people are drifting away from this place. Sad.
No. Has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. You make all these great claims and then play the victim when you're asked to support them with real world facts and data. If you don't want to be challenged in your opinion, this isn't the board for you.

No. Has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. You make all these great claims and then play the victim when you're asked to support them with real world facts and data. If you don't want to be challenged in your opinion, this isn't the board for you.
There are no “great claims.” You simply try to impose your partisan views on others, and discourage other viewpoints. Telling a customer to “shut up” seems like a bad business practice. I just hope @Jerry Kutz knows what you are doing to his business.

I can support my positions just fine. But it seems like the site is dying, and I think you contribute greatly to that circumstance.

There are no “great claims.” You simply try to impose your partisan views on others, and discourage other viewpoints. Telling a customer to “shut up” seems like a bad business practice. I just hope @Jerry Kutz knows what you are doing to his business.

I can support my positions just fine. But it seems like the site is dying, and I think you contribute greatly to that circumstance.
Asking you to back up your claims with facts in no way imposes my "partisan views".

Tagging Jerry is also weak. Keep playing the victim.

Do you seriously believe that this or any site would be markedly more appealing to current and prospective customers if only it had more participants who posted in the manner of JohnnieHolmesNole/FWTS?

Hmmm. Seems to me I recently read about the Governor of a rather large southern state unilaterally and arbitrarily deciding that African American history lacked educational value and imposing a “partisan” cancellation of said AP class, clearly “discouraging” the “viewpoint” that many of the parents in this rather large southern state feel that their children should have the RIGHT to take the class and decide the value for themselves. Parental rights? Good for me but not for thee?

Hmmm. Seems to me I recently read about the Governor of a rather large southern state unilaterally and arbitrarily deciding that African American history lacked educational value and imposing a “partisan” cancellation of said AP class, clearly “discouraging” the “viewpoint” that many of the parents in this rather large southern state feel that their children should have the RIGHT to take the class and decide the value for themselves. Parental rights? Good for me but not for thee?
I think he’s softened his previous all-outliers-are-evil-child-groomers stance to now only advocating withholding “tolerance” for outliers IF they promote tampon availability in boys’ bathrooms.
He’s cool now with not mocking all the other freaks into committing suicide and not expelling them to the island of the misfits as long as they don’t overstep tampon boundaries.

How “non-political” of you. Wow.

Seriously, "other left leaning cohorts"??

You disrespect Jerry, DFS, and you do it on other boards. We've seen it, then you come back over here with your dribble.

LOL at you calling people "left leaning". Clearly the word "Moderate" is not in your vocabulary. You're one of the guys that has labeled a lot of people RINOs, because you have moved so far to the right. Bigoted and intolerant, when the rest of us are not, just because we don't agree with your agenda.

Do you think the disabled have too many privileges in this country? I'd really like to hear the answer to that one. "Thank you for your service" does not cover what happened to so many people in this country.

Wait. You talking about that guy who refused to shut down the state and force everyone to forever wear silly masks because of COVID? The same guy whose state is exploding with newcomers desperate to get away from their own dismal jurisdictions? Yeah, he’s the worst.

By the way, you can still donate on-line to Andrew Gillum’s criminal defense fund if you are so inclined. It’s really a shame HE is not the Governor of that “rather large Southern state.” His federal fraud trial is approaching. 🤡

Actually, rather than accuse others of hurting Jerry's business, why don't you look at your negative posts regarding this site, not only here, but also on another site. Do you really think that none of us see your negativity toward this site and the comments that you make in both places regarding this site?

Rather than supporting this site with thoughtful, logical posts that are positive, you choose to find every little negative thing you can and throw shade. Explain to me how your behavior is in any way supportive of Jerry and this site?

Wait. You talking about that guy who refused to shut down the state and force everyone to forever wear silly masks because of COVID? The same guy whose state is exploding with newcomers desperate to get away from their own dismal jurisdictions? Yeah, he’s the worst.

By the way, you can still donate on-line to Andrew Gillum’s criminal defense fund if you are so inclined. It’s really a shame HE is not the Governor of that “rather large Southern state.” His federal fraud trial is approaching. 🤡
So by completely deflecting from rtpnole’s excellent exposure of your boldfaced hyperpartisan hypocrisy and not addressing a single one of his points, you’re confirming that it’s perfectly fine in your bigoted assessment for FL’s governor to shut down all the LGBTQ and African American voices and info he pleases just as long as he keeps promoting the flavor of partisan policy you support.

Maybe the success of this site is something that’s going to happen despite your continued bile injections rather than because you bless us all with your super appealing contributions.

So by completely deflecting from rtpnole’s excellent exposure of your boldfaced hyperpartisan hypocrisy and not addressing a single one of his points, you’re confirming that it’s perfectly fine in your bigoted assessment for FL’s governor to shut down all the LGBTQ and African American voices and info he pleases just as long as he keeps promoting the flavor of partisan policy you support.

Maybe the success of this site is something that’s going to happen despite your continued bile injections rather than because you bless us all with your super appealing contributions.
You obviously have your own distorted spin on the Governor’s (actual) policies, goals and actions. No sense in even trying to address them with you. The Courts and the voters at large are going to sort it all out.

Hell, DeSantis overcame that Yale/Harvard thing to be a clear thinker. So don’t give up hope. 🤡

• Haha
It's quite obvious that we have folks on here who are in favor of "cleansing". Calling people "freaks".

And, this was the way it started back in the '30's. Systematic propaganda against minorities of any kind.

Oh, and the time to do that sort of thing is during a bad economy, and global health crisis.

I think you could have chosen not to use the word "freak" to describe human beings. No? It is hard to have discussion when people are throwing invectives at others.

As an aside, don't know how a thread on the use of SAT in college admittance turned into this? I did start a couple threads last year on the transgender swimmer at Penn that were taken off by the mods. Since then, I have gone down the rabbit hole of transgender science/activism and am appalled at what I found. The rot is much deeper than I thought.

My concerns other than I don't think it is fair to have transgender female who have gone through male puberty compete in sports against women is the medical interventions done to children (under 18). An adult can make their own decisions. (I know 4 sets of parents who have transgender children and interacted with 3 of them before transitioning and after. Treating someone with respect is very different than agreeing with them no matter what they say).

Travistock, the largest gender reassignment center in Great Britain was shut down. Sweden and Finland totally changed their protocols. In the USA we have two whistle blowers going public with what is going on at clinics here.

Here is the outline:
There has been an explosion of FTM teenagers being transitioned. Research in this country indicate clusters right down to middle school and HS classes a clear example of Social Contagion.
A large percentage of children and young adults who start transition have significant mental health issues other than Gender dysphoria. Most troubling is the amount that have Aspergers. But Borderline Personality Disorder is also common. And even individuals with Schizophrenia have been transitioned by these clinics and their Doctors.

With the dramatically increasing amount of transgender individuals, many who started transitioning as teenagers, we see an increasing amount of regret and de-transitioners. The actual number is in dispute, but it is assuredly in double figures.

Giving cross-sex hormones is detrimental to health. Transgender activist and doctors who make money off of them have denied it, but there are a host of health issues from use of these drugs. Loss of fertility, inability to have sex and loss of the ability to have sexual feelings during sex, voice changes, adam apples changes, increase in immune deficit diseases, etc. are all side effects.

In many, perhaps most cases, the mental health issues do not go away after transitioning.

Gender Dysphoria goes away on its own in many of cases before the age of 18.(percentages vary by experts)

2/3rds of de-transitioners in several studies come out as gay after de-transitioning.

Because of all the above, many countries are re-evaluating their medical policies around transitioning, especially transitioning youth.

Once you get past the anger from the extreme sides, you see the problems within this social movement and how industrial medicine has encouraged and performed items that are at best experimental and at worst criminal.

None of this means we shouldn't accept those who transitioned and not be biased against them. But, we need to stop and reevaluate what is going on, especially to children.

I think you could have chosen not to use the word "freak" to describe human beings. No? It is hard to have discussion when people are throwing invectives at others.

As an aside, don't know how a thread on the use of SAT in college admittance turned into this? I did start a couple threads last year on the transgender swimmer at Penn that were taken off by the mods. Since then, I have gone down the rabbit hole of transgender science/activism and am appalled at what I found. The rot is much deeper than I thought.

My concerns other than I don't think it is fair to have transgender female who have gone through male puberty compete in sports against women is the medical interventions done to children (under 18). An adult can make their own decisions. (I know 4 sets of parents who have transgender children and interacted with 3 of them before transitioning and after. Treating someone with respect is very different than agreeing with them no matter what they say).

Travistock, the largest gender reassignment center in Great Britain was shut down. Sweden and Finland totally changed their protocols. In the USA we have two whistle blowers going public with what is going on at clinics here.

Here is the outline:
There has been an explosion of FTM teenagers being transitioned. Research in this country indicate clusters right down to middle school and HS classes a clear example of Social Contagion.
A large percentage of children and young adults who start transition have significant mental health issues other than Gender dysphoria. Most troubling is the amount that have Aspergers. But Borderline Personality Disorder is also common. And even individuals with Schizophrenia have been transitioned by these clinics and their Doctors.

With the dramatically increasing amount of transgender individuals, many who started transitioning as teenagers, we see an increasing amount of regret and de-transitioners. The actual number is in dispute, but it is assuredly in double figures.

Giving cross-sex hormones is detrimental to health. Transgender activist and doctors who make money off of them have denied it, but there are a host of health issues from use of these drugs. Loss of fertility, inability to have sex and loss of the ability to have sexual feelings during sex, voice changes, adam apples changes, increase in immune deficit diseases, etc. are all side effects.

In many, perhaps most cases, the mental health issues do not go away after transitioning.

Gender Dysphoria goes away on its own in many of cases before the age of 18.(percentages vary by experts)

2/3rds of de-transitioners in several studies come out as gay after de-transitioning.

Because of all the above, many countries are re-evaluating their medical policies around transitioning, especially transitioning youth.

Once you get past the anger from the extreme sides, you see the problems within this social movement and how industrial medicine has encouraged and performed items that are at best experimental and at worst criminal.

None of this means we shouldn't accept those who transitioned and not be biased against them. But, we need to stop and reevaluate what is going on, especially to children.
I would say that this is a fair and logical way of seeing things.

I think, though, that people would be surprised that some people that call themselves "trans" are not trans at all. Many of them use the term because they like cross-dressing. I know of at least three, and although they cross dress, they are still hetero.

Now I do not get why people will actually allow the surgery and hormonal stuff under the age of 18.

The irony is that many of these practices are supported and condoned by big pharma/industrial medicine. So maybe the "policing" of the issues should be not on society as a whole, but on the specific areas that foster the rapid "transitioning".

Going after people for learning about it, going after women and their rights is not the way to handle the aforementioned issues.

Reactions: goldmom
We had a poster here in the old Locker Room, prior to the switch, who was transitioning from male to female. She started a thread allowing us to ask any questions we wanted. It was very informative getting first hand thoughts and information. She posts on the Iowa off topic site now. Everything is generally respectful when the topic comes up.

One may "learn" suicide in their family tree and may have a genetic disposition to depression as well as alcoholism; and other forms of mental illness such as bi-polar and schiz. And, no, I'm not saying alcoholism is a mental illness. And the Spring is the time of the year where suicide attempts peak.

I have a friend whose grandfather committed suicide and whose father committed suicide. He was getting worried about 15 years ago.

We had a poster here in the old Locker Room, prior to the switch, who was transitioning from male to female. She started a thread allowing us to ask any questions we wanted. It was very informative getting first hand thoughts and information. She posts on the Iowa off topic site now. Everything is generally respectful when the topic comes up.
If all would be as open as she is, this would quickly become a non-issue. But...they aren't, so it won't.

Reactions: ChiefWB and DFSNOLE
This is the Cambridge definition for bigot. Please explain how @BelemNole used it improperly.

bigot
noun [ C ] US

/ˈbɪɡ·ət/

a person who has strong, unreasonable ideas, esp. about race or religion, and who thinks anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong:
I googled bigot and the first thing that came up was this definition from Oxford.

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Merriam Webster uses this one:

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Dictionary.com says:

a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

And Cambridge as DFS pointed out says:

The thing all these have in common is that they state a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction. I dont think there is a poster on here that doesnt fit this definition myself included.

Belem stated yesterday that he acknowledges his and tries to combat them. This made me think that maybe all of us should do this as well. I myself have these and could do better at combatting them.

I also agree with FWTS in that the word its self has developed another meaning and is weaponized these days.

Just my thoughts on the whole matter.

Reactions: fsufool and F4Gary
If all would be as open as she is, this would quickly become a non-issue. But...they aren't, so it won't.
I have no issue with it. My disagreement simply is with the definition of what is a man or a woman. People should be able to do what they want within the law of course.

The very same. I was still in NC at the time. We had more aggressive measures than FL and it was never completely shut down. So what do the numbers say? For every million in population, FL has lost 4026 to COVID. In GA that number is 4006. In NC, it is 2715 and in VA it is 2771. (From Worldometer). See a problem there? Lost a lot of folks, but business is great!
Regarding those silly masks, if you’re referring to the Cochrane study, even their editors are saying that the results DON’T point to masks being useless or silly. Meta-analyses are notoriously difficult to interpret. That didn’t stop certain members of the press from running with that. “A lie travels around the globe while the truth is putting on its shoes.” Besides, why would a bunch of exceptional Americans get whiny about wearing a mask? Never really understood that.

The very same. I was still in NC at the time. We had more aggressive measures than FL and it was never completely shut down. So what do the numbers say? For every million in population, FL has lost 4026 to COVID. In GA that number is 4006. In NC, it is 2715 and in VA it is 2771. (From Worldometer). See a problem there? Lost a lot of folks, but business is great!
Regarding those silly masks, if you’re referring to the Cochrane study, even their editors are saying that the results DON’T point to masks being useless or silly. Meta-analyses are notoriously difficult to interpret. That didn’t stop certain members of the press from running with that. “A lie travels around the globe while the truth is putting on its shoes.” Besides, why would a bunch of exceptional Americans get whiny about wearing a mask? Never really understood that.
So how do you explain New York? Almost identical case and death numbers as Florida but with different approaches to lockdowns and masking.

So how do you explain New York? Almost identical case and death numbers as Florida but with different approaches to lockdowns and masking.
Good point. Timing probably has more than a little bit to do with. If you look at states that got hit first (NY, NJ, MA) they piled up deaths really early. NY hit 25K in May 2020, FL in January 2021. If you’ll recall, early 2020 was the period when masks were scarce. It also doesn’t help that people are packed into NYC like sardines!

New York had one major spike in deaths during the first few months of the pandemic in 2020. Florida spiked with each new variant with the largest being in August and September 2021 a year and a half into it and much more being known.

New York had one major spike in deaths during the first few months of the pandemic in 2020. Florida spiked with each new variant with the largest being in August and September 2021 a year and a half into it and much more being known.

I would say Omnicron and travel being more prevelant played into it as well.

Good point. Timing probably has more than a little bit to do with. If you look at states that got hit first (NY, NJ, MA) they piled up deaths really early. NY hit 25K in May 2020, FL in January 2021. If you’ll recall, early 2020 was the period when masks were scarce. It also doesn’t help that people are packed into NYC like sardines!
Agreed. Lots of variables play into these numbers including travel. Its really difficult to compare raw numbers with this.

Reactions: fsufool
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT