ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State transfer DE Sione Lolohea now expected to visit FSU

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but I believe chances are greater than not that FSU gets a visit from Oregon State transfer DE/Edge Sione Lolohea in the very near future. Of course, he was teammates with new FSU QB DJU who is publicly campaigning for Lolohea to join him in Tallahassee on twitter.

He was second team All-Pac12 in 2023 and 8.5 TFLs among his 47 tackles this past season. Lolohea is 6-3 and 240-pounds.

Tapped out

I’ve been a Nole since I was around 8 years old and my Grandpa got me to watch Osceola spear the field on one of our visits to Chipley from Mississippi when we lived there. That day changed my life I thought forever. I dreamed of playing there, going to school there and everything around it. The latter 2 never happened, but nonetheless the love of all things Noles stayed true to this very day.

I never in a million years thought I could ever stop loving college football as a sport. It is apart of our DNA. College Gameday was like a holiday all in of itself thru the ‘90’s and on. It’s something we all looked forward to. Now it’s all become a money grab and I just can’t stomach it. Nobody has loyalty anymore. It’s who is going to pay me more. Commitment doesn’t mean commited. It means hold my spot until someone bids higher then I’m out.

We all know players have been getting paid for eons so that’s no surprise. It’s how much they are getting paid off the fans backs is what’s bugging me. And then to top it all off it seems to be unappreciated truly. Just look at the portal. The portal and NIL has killed the game we all know and love and I’m just done. What happened this year has killed recruiting for us. The SEC will most definitely use it against us and we all know it. Norvell can no longer sale anything to recruits anymore nor any future coach. I’ve never been so angry about something for so long. I will always love my Noles and will always pull for them, but I will no longer with my wallet. My subscription here ends on the 27th so if I don’t talk to you between now and then it was great chatting with you all over the years. Nole for life but no longer a fool!

Timpson scores 22 points, pulls down nine rebounds in FSU's win at Clemson

FSU sports information:

No. 22 Florida State Women's Basketball was put to the test on Sunday at Clemson, but big offensive possessions in the fourth quarter and key stops on defense allowed the Seminoles to escape with a 78-72 win at Littlejohn Coliseum.

The Seminoles (12-4, 3-1 ACC) trailed 65-64 early in the fourth quarter, but finished the game on a 13-8 run. Junior forward Makayla Timpson had seven huge points down the stretch and finished with 22 points on 10-of-11 shooting along with nine rebounds. Timpson was enormous in FSU's 17-point fourth quarter.

Fifth-year senior guard Sara Bejedi added 19 points and made a career-high five 3-point field goals, adding five rebounds in the win. Sophomore guard Ta'Niya Latson totaled 15 points with five assists.

FSU out-scored the Tigers 15-4 in points off turnovers and had the edge on the glass at 40-39, out-rebounding three of its first four ACC opponents. FSU also had 36 points in the paint.

Up next

The Seminoles return to the Tucker Center against North Carolina on Thursday at 6 p.m.

FSU women's hoops faces Clemson

FSU sports information:

No. 22 Florida State Women’s Basketball (11-4, 2-1) prepares for its 65th meeting with Clemson (8-6, 1-1) on Sunday at 4 p.m. at Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, S.C. FSU leads the all-time series 36-28 and has won four of its last five matchups with the Tigers.

Sunday’s game will air on the ACC Network, and can also be heard locally on 96.5 FM and through the Seminole Gameday App.

Sophomore guard Ta’Niya Latson trails only Iowa’s Caitlin Clark among players over the last decade with the most 30-point games through their first 50 games played. Latson has 11 30-point games in her first 45 games played at FSU, a total that puts her ahead of Ohio State legend Kelsey Mitchell (10) and NCAA scoring leader Kelsey Plum (10). Clark had 18 30-point games through 50 games.

Latson’s next 30-point performance will break the FSU all-time record. Latson is currently tied with FSU all-time leading scorer Sue Galkantas (1980-84) for the career lead with 11 30-point games. Galkantas scored 2,323 points in her illustrious career with the Noles.

Two of the ACC’s best in the post face off in FSU junior forward Makayla Timpson and Clemson graduate forward Amari Robinson. Timpson is among the conference’s leaders in blocked shots, double-doubles, field goal percentage and offensive rebounding, while Robinson is the only player in the ACC with six games of 20+ points on 60 percent shooting.

In ACC play, FSU has outscored its three opponents (Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, No. 3 NC State) 129-107 in the second half.

Junior guard O’Mariah Gordon ranks in the top 10 in the ACC in assist/turnover ratio (4th), assists (8th) and 3-point field goals made (10th).

Florida State continues to keep its turnovers low on the offensive end. FSU’s 11.6 turnovers per game are the lowest in the ACC and the ninth-lowest in the country. Of its 15 games played, FSU has committed more turnovers than its opponent in three games.

Offensively, FSU ranks 13th in the country and second in the conference averaging 84.7 points per game.

Both Sara Bejedi and Timpson are set to play in their 80th consecutive games with the Seminoles on Sunday.

Following FSU’s game at Clemson, the Seminoles have two key home games next week. They host North Carolina on Thursday at 6 p.m. in a game where the first 100 students receive a free Fear The Spear T-shirt.

FSU then welcomes No. 13 Virginia Tech to Tallahassee on Sunday, Jan. 14, at 1 p.m. in an ESPN-televised game. The matchup is an FSU Faculty and Staff Appreciation game.
Reactions: NoleLizards

Football Recruiting FSU lands Colorado State DL transfer Grady Kelly

Former Colorado State defensive lineman Grady Kelly just announced he's transferring to FSU at the end of his multi-day visit to Tallahassee. He's FSU's third transfer addition of the weekend and its fifth this offseason.

Football Recruiting LSU wide receiver transfer Jalen Brown commits to Florida State

FSU has landed a commitment from LSU WR transfer Jalen Brown, who is only a year removed from being a top-100 recruit in the 2023 recruiting class.

Cinematic Recap: Grab a tissue

These have been very well done all year and this one captures the emotion of what December was for Novell and the team really well. You are looking into the eyes of a young coach who had a decade worth of experience in one season.
Kudos to the Boosters and Athletics for producing these videos for the fans to gain insight. It's one of the nice benefits of membership.

Cinematic Recap Post Orange Bowl

Basketball FSU men's basketball explodes in second half to outlast Virginia Tech

The FSU men's basketball team scored 50 second-half points to beat Virginia Tech this afternoon.

Don't look now but the Seminoles have won four of their last five games.

DE Stefon Thompson at Nebraska - is he gone?

So it was said on TOS
l that Syracuse DE Stefon Thompson was the more coveted of the two from everything I could gather coming out of the visits. He did not interview?

@CurtWeiler
@OsceolaPat
@Fishbits
But the coach he loves and played for Coach white it at Nebraska .. I read they had him if they want him on there board. Is that true?

Anyone heard anything?

FSU 77 VT 74 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

FSU 77 VT 74 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good

With the come from behind and hold them off at the end win, FSU improves to 8-6 overall, 2-1 ACC. Virginia Tech came into the game losing 11 of its last 12 games in Tallahassee. Make that 12 of their last 13. But it wasn't easy. FSU trailed by as much as nine, 41-32, with 15:53 to play. A 14-0 run by the Seminoles erased that lead with the 'Noles eventually stretching out the margin to ten, 73-63. It was hold on for dear life after that. With FSU leading by seven and 1:30 left to play, VT ate into the lead while the 'Noles had multiple chances to close out the win from the FT line. Instead FSU was 1-4 at the stripe with Primo Spears missing both FTs and just 13 seconds remaining. FSU led 74-72 at that point. On the ensuing possession Baba Miller picked up his fifth foul against a driving Sean Padulla who was probably trying for the lay up plus the foul. Fortunately he did not make the basket. But Padulla sank both to tie the game with 5.6 seconds on the clock. VT, forced to foul, put the 'Noles at the line. FSU made 3 or 4 with Taylor Bol Bowen purposely missing his second FT in order to run off the final 1.2 seconds.

Faced with the adversity of possibly blowing its third lead of the season (UGA and UNC being the two this season), Leonard Hamilton commented in the post game that he saw confidence in his players. Even though there were mistakes made late in the game on the defensive end, he felt there was no panic in his squad despite the late push by VT.

Tech coming into the game was 5-0 when connecting on 10 or more three point shots. Tonight the Hokies made 11 from the arc. Make that 5-1 on the season.

Better offensive continuity. In the first half the 'Noles on offense looked like they were pressing and trying to do too much. That was reflected in just two assists in the first 20 minutes. That changed in the second period as the 'Noles were playing their pace but doing so more controlled and fluid with their passes often to cutters to the basket. The result was nearly 50 points in the paint and the Seminoles logging 13 assists in that period.

Not to overlook the defense. OK, VT was blistering the nets from inside and out. The Hokies shot 49% from the floor and 11-23 (47%) from the arc. Padulla and Hunter Cattoor combined for 45 points. You expect that from them. They are good shooters. Maybe not that many points as both were well over their season averages. But clearly a big part of the defensive game plan was to stop their leading scorer C Lynn Kidd (16 ppg, 68% avg). Mission accomplished. The trade off saw the Seminole defense shut down passing lanes to the post limiting Kidd to just 1-5 and two points. Key in that was Baba Miller. Although he fouled out late in the game, Miller grabbed 10 boards, dished out 3 assists, scored 8 points, and nabbed 3 steals while doing the bulk of work in the post.

FSU leads ACC in steals at 9.23 per game. The defense was excellent once again in that area logging eight thefts.

The bench coming thru once again with 39 points to just 14 for VT. Reserves Spears, Cameron Corhen, and Justin Gainey each with 11. Starter Darin Green added 10 points.

Plays of the game: Darin Green with multiple threes from the 22 foot plus range. Jalen Warley with the one handed put back tomahawk slam dunk, 27-30. The half court defense on the last VT possession before intermission forcing an off balance low percentage jumper. Trailing 41-32, the 7-0 run punctuated by Corhen's fast break slam dunk. Kidd's back to back turnovers. Miller's missed FT resulting in several ORBs eventually leading to Warley swooping into the lane and the lay up followed by Watkins' slam dunk off a Miller assist giving FSU its first lead since the first half, 50-48. Miller's twisting while falling away from the basket floater during a 14-0 Seminole run. A falling Spears hoists the shot high off the glass plus the foul for a 71-63 lead. Watkins and his coast to coast dribble drive lay up for FSU's largest lead, 73-63.

The Bad

If you have watched ACC basketball for any length of time, you know the name Jamie Luckie. FSU had the misfortune of having him referee in tonight's game. And he did not disappoint. Perhaps the most egregious of his calls was on Warley, his 4th. Padulla twists his ankle and falls to the court. Meanwhile Warley takes a swipe at the ball. Replay showed it was a clean swipe. Oh contraire said Mr. Luckie. Foul on Warley. Or maybe it was Watkins' reverse pivot that our man Luck called carrying the ball. It came at a crucial moment in the final seconds of the game. Fortunately it did not cost FSU in the end.

Memo to Jalen Warley: Please stop fouling three point shooters. Second game in a row you've done that now.

The 10-0 VT run giving the Hokies a 25-17 lead.

The Ugly

From 14:06 to the 8:41 mark of the first with no FGs by the 'Noles.

Padulla lighting up the Seminoles for 26 points. When he went to the bench well into the second period, that prompted radio color analyst Adrian Crawford to comment, "Thank God". That rather summed up how badly the sharp shooter was ripping the Seminole defense.

At one point midway thru the first half, both teams combined for a stellar 0 of 11 from the floor.

FSU three point shooting. In the first half the 'Noles shot an abysmal 1 of 8. It did improve in the second half ......... to 2 of 7. Thankfully FSU shot 54% from inside the arc.

Well, at least there were more fans in the seats than the previous two games. Moving in the right direction I suppose.

Up Next

Florida State finishes its seven game home stand hosting Wake Forest on Tuesday with tip off at 7 PM. The Demon Deacons, 11-3, 3-0, earlier today beat the Miami Hurricanes in overtime, 86-82. Head coach Steve Forbes has pieced together another quality team that boasts four double digit scorers led by Hunter (what is it with all these Hunters ... was there a fire sale on that name 20 some odd years ago?) Solis is tied for fifth in scoring in the ACC at 18.38 ppg. The game will be shown on the ACCN.

Basketball Live Updates: FSU MBB vs. Virginia Tech

After a step in the right direction earlier this week, the Florida State men's basketball team looks to continue its positive momentum Saturday at the Tucker Civic Center. The Seminoles (7-6, 1-1) host the Virginia Tech Hokies (9-4, 1-1) Saturday at 4 p.m. on ACC Network as they look to win their second ACC game of the week and get above .500 in conference play after beating Georgia Tech 82-71 Wednesday night.

Sophomore guard Chandler Jackson broke out in that win over the Yellow Jackets earlier this week, putting up a career-high 14 points. However, it was also as cohesive a team effort as the Seminoles have put on display all season, with all 12 players who saw minutes getting in the scoring column.

FSU leads the all-time series over VT 36-24, but the Hokies have won the last two matchups in the series. The last time these teams faced off in Tallahassee, VT players Hunter Cattoor and Sean Pedulla, both projected starters for Saturday's game, combined to make 15 three-pointers in an 85-74 win, the Hokies' first win at FSU since 1990.

POSSIBLE STARTING LINEUP FOR FLORIDA STATE
F #2 Jamir Watkins (13.0 ppg, 6.2 rpg; First career game against Virginia Tech)
F #5 De’Ante Green (6.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg; 3 pts and 3 rebs against Virginia Tech, March 4, 2023)
F #11 Baba Miller (7.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg; 5 pts and 4 rebs against Virginia Tech, March 4, 2023)
G #1 Jalen Warley (6.8 ppg, 2.4 apg; 7 pts and 6 asts against Virginia Tech, January 29, 2022)
G #22 Darin Green Jr.(12.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg; 10 pts and 3 asts against Virginia Tech, March 4 ,2023)

POSSIBLE STARTING LINEUP FOR VIRGINIA TECH
F #0 Hunter Cattoor (14.5 ppg, 2.7 rpg; 27 pts and 4 rebs against Florida State, January 29, 2022)
F #3 Sean Pedulla (13.0 ppg, 4.2 apg; 25 pts and 2 rebs against Florida State, March 4, 2023)
G #23 Tyler Nickel (8.2 ppg, 2.3 rpg; First career game against Florida State)
G #4 Mekhi Long (4.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg; First career game against Florida State)
G #15 Lynn Kidd (15.2 ppg, 7.6 rpg; 2 pts and 2 rebs against Florida State, March 4, 2023)

As always, the Osceola will be on site at the Tucker Civic Center, providing live updates before and during Saturday's ACC clash.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT