ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

At the game. Number 1 was not even warming up really at half. I like slim reaper but really don’t understand the redshirt deal. I think things would be not great if he was our starter 3 years from now

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Don't know if anyone saw any of the WSU game, but damn they were running up the score on Arizona into the half. And that QB throws a pretty ball. I have QB envy of their 'stache. Certainly these days, watching other teams, they make it look so easy.

It’s kind of surprising because of the mere 22 points but we put up almost 500 yards on BC. Frenchy had 300 yards but missed a lot of throws and had two bad picks. I was most surprised with our d though. That was a big physical line and running back with a solid dual threat QB and they did great job overalll. We were fighting the refs too. One of those drives was kept alive on the obvious holding call that was waived off. Two of our big catches had pass interference that was never callled. Very strange how the ACC refs, including the troglodytes in the replay booth, have been against us since game one.

On a related note, we went to sports bar after the game. Anyone else notice halftime shows (at least for two of the ESPN games) had no highlights of our game? They did highlights from everyone else in top 25 but did not show our upset of a ranked BC. Which featured come from behind bomb to win in last minutes.

If I was a billionaire, I would be meeting with the board of trustees to notify them I would pay the exit fee and donate much more if we leave the ACC for the Big 12. The beauty of that move would be not just sticking it to the ACC for shoddy treatment of our football and basketball teams our 25 years. It would be also because it would stick it to ESPN since the Big 12 is alligned with Fox Sports. It would be a double bird to both of them.

Don't know if anyone saw any of the WSU game, but damn they were running up the score on Arizona into the half. And that QB throws a pretty ball. I have QB envy of their 'stache. Certainly these days, watching other teams, they make it look so easy.
We actually do pretty well when we have time to get the ball downfield to our weapons (Terry especially).

If we just keep Howell and the other “committed” recruits we’ll end up with a top 15-20 class, but having Howell likely means our QB problems are over as long as he stays healthy (I am concerned that Frenchy leaves this year and the Slim Reaper leaves next year if he loses the competition leaving us with one scholarship QB. I keep hoping we go after a mediocre Juco or transfer just for depth purposes). But we have gotten some interest from both five stars and high level Juco lineman all of whom are “committed” elsewhere, so hopefully we aren’t done. If we add Pickens, Neal and a couple of the jucos then suddenly we’re talking about pushing into the top 5.

Not even a 60% accuracy rate? Ugh....that's a little concerning. Francois was the same way coming out of high school...

Not even a 60% accuracy rate? Ugh....that's a little concerning. Francois was the same way coming out of high school...

Sam Howell averages almost 100 additional passing yards per game than Francois did and has 141 TDs to 39 ints (3.6 to 1) to Frenchy's 47 TDs and 19 ints (2.5 to 1). Jameis Winston beat Howell's current career passing stats only by 1% in the accuracy rating but had only 67 TDs to 25 ints (2.8 to 1). Moreover, Howell has 13,003 yards passing in his four years starting to Winston's 6,871 yards, so double the yardage and double the TDs but only 14 more ints. And he's averaging about the same, actually just a little better running the ball with a 6.7 ypc and 3,338 yards and 58 rushing TDs to Winston's 6.5 ypc, 2,912 and 35 TDs.

So we have a truly great one coming in, IF we can keep him committed.

300+ dammit!
300??

2mye70.jpg

Telling article...The writer reiterates what we said about Jimbo for years (since Jameis left).
I don't know. We all (at least the sensible posters) keep preaching here that you can't judge WT after one season without his recruits. It sounds to me more like the writer has an ax to grind. Taking a cheap shot at Jameis included.

Reactions: BelemNole
I don't know. We all (at least the sensible posters) keep preaching here that you can't judge WT after one season without his recruits. It sounds to me more like the writer has an ax to grind. Taking a cheap shot at Jameis included.
That was my take. As much as I like to revel in aTm's mediocre season, you can't judge a coach on his first year.

Still gives me goosebumps. Probably the greatest game I've ever been to.
I had worked overnight and the game began at noon. I was sleepy and drinking of course. I tried turning the TV off and going to sleep a couple of times...But happened to check back in time for our first TD drive. Following the conclusion, I may have been the happiest completely worn out drunken Noles fan on the planet!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT