ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

#KeepingItGoing

Not good. The long snapper is UNC bound. Starting to get Concerned that we are completely screwing up this OC selection and it is going to cost us our most important recruit. Whoever it is should have been named by now with early signing so near.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
I would definitely celebrate if we ended up with Fedora after going after Freeze and Briles. That’s not what I’m hearing but definitely what I’m hoping for.

b79270eb6eb75c9e85638050f71a305a.jpg

size-s.jpg

Going through another coaching search has made this year of FSU Football that much more sad. I hope we upgrade the position and some other changes are made, but the search just seems depressing after the excitement of the spring.

#KeepingItGoing

Not good. The long snapper is UNC bound. Starting to get Concerned that we are completely screwing up this OC selection and it is going to cost us our most important recruit. Whoever it is should have been named by now with early signing so near.

We definitely should have spent zero mins talking to Briles and Freeze and dismissed them out of hand. Other, lesser programs like UNC were able to pick up the OC from Ole Miss quickly and relatively silently, we should have been able to get a good to great OC without moral turpitude in a similar fashion.

Oh well, at least we aren’t Tennessee. They’re making our search look smooth.

Jebus! They just love their rapists over in Baylor.

I’m not saying this is directly Briles related just Briles adjacent, but it shows there is something VERY seriously wrong with that whole city and school when it comes to not just date rape, but violent rape.

https://www.kptv.com/no-jail-time-f...cle_a9fbf46d-f476-5ed5-a953-2825117124d4.html

“ A Texas judge on Monday accepted a plea deal allowing a former Baylor University student accused of raping a woman at a fraternity party to avoid serving jail time, marking at least the third time the judge has approved lenient punishment for men accused of sexually assault......

The deal from prosecutors allowed Anderson to receive deferred probation. The ex-Phi Delta Theta fraternity president agreed to seek counseling and pay a $400 fine. Anderson will not be forced to register as a sex offender.

The woman said she felt disoriented after accepting a drink she thought contained punch at a 2016 fraternity house party. She said Anderson led her behind a tent and repeatedly raped her while she was gagged and choked......

The judge's decision Monday is not the first time that Strother has allowed such lenient punishment for sex crimes. Last year, he sentenced a man to deferred probation after he pleaded guilty in the 2013 rape of a former Baylor student. The judge ordered the man to pay for the woman's counseling. The man told police the woman had been drunk, according to an affidavit.

Strother earlier this year sentenced a man to felony probation for the sexual assault of a former Baylor student, a punishment that came with 30 days in jail. Adrian Andres Ramos, was working toward a degree from Texas Tech University and was allowed to serve the jail time on the weekends.....”

So Jebus! Don’t let your daughters go to Baylor or Waco in general.

Just to be clear, my post was not specically directed at the Baylor football program or coaches, just at the school and the athletic program in general. I remember Kendall Briles as being a big-time safety recruit for the Longhorns.

The “good news” is that Samuel Clements should help us with the OL recruiting. I really liked Greg Frey when he was hired as he has a great history of turning 2 and 3 star recruits into quality players at his Midwest stops, but per Bud Elliot we have been whiffing constantly on the OL recruiting to date other than Lucas. The bad news is that Clement had to be just as aware of the environment at Waco as Briles.

There might as well be a sign over Waco saying Welcome to RapeTown USA population every frat guy and football player at Baylor. And every police officer and judge looks exactly like the old Iraqi minister of information.

I don't disagree, but it also applies to the other men's athletic programs in Waco. When schools that aren't supposed to do well in sports, suddenly start doing well, there's usually a lot of bad things happening in the background (Tennessee bball, baylor football and bball, boise st. football, ole miss football).

Now that Briles and Clement are here I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and I’m not going to stop being an FSU football fan just because of these terrible (from a moral and ethical perspective) hires. Hopefully they learned something from the giant scumhole that is Waco even if the Waco judges and police clearly haven’t. And hopefully Art just shielded his “poor innocent son” from the wrongdoings rather than involved him as seems most likely.

But we better not bring Ball and De’andre Johnson back. That’s too much.

I don't disagree, but it also applies to the other men's athletic programs in Waco. When schools that aren't supposed to do well in sports, suddenly start doing well, there's usually a lot of bad things happening in the background (Tennessee bball, baylor football and bball, boise st. football, ole miss football).

You are correct, I shouldn’t have limited it to Baylor football. It was across the spectrum and football was just the worst offender.

So to switch gears a bit...I’m not assuming Greg Frey gets canned just demoted. So IF Frey stays and doesn’t voluntarily move on after the demotion, that makes Clement the 10th Coach. So who the aitch is going to fix our broken Special Teams unit?

You can’t express disappointment with the leadership for taking the easy route (as I have no doubt Briles and Clement are A+ recruiters and coaches despite the moral failings) rather than the harder and less certain but more ethical and moral route of finding an OC with good character and a clean record. We will obviously succeed on the football field with Briles and Clement but is it worth it? I don’t think so.

Plus now Taggart has lost the moral high ground when trying to discipline players. They’ll just laugh off the moral argument and think about Briles and Clement and how nothing much of consequence happened to them. And if Ball is welcomed back as well...yeesh. We might as well hold up a sign saying everything on Swamp Gas said about FSU is accurate.

You can. You have. You were asked to stop doing it in this thread. You seem incapable of that. So..I'll say my goodbyes now.

You can. You have. You were asked to stop doing it in this thread. You seem incapable of that. So..I'll say my goodbyes now.

Apparently the actual details about what was going on in Baylor was too shocking for some people. So I’ve skipped detailing what actually went on and what Briles knew so that people with weak stomachs aren’t offended. There was nothing said about criticising the decision in general. And it should be. I finally heard that (allegedly as I wasn’t there) at least a couple big hitters initially balked at the hire but were turned around because of the expected drop in season ticket sales (both due to the terrible season and probably more importantly the changes in tax laws as to what can be expensed which was designed explicitly to hurt universities). So at least some morality discussions were made and ticket sales won out.

Tribe, can you take it to another thread just so this one doesn't get locked? I will even start it for you if you like. I am all about free speech and your 1st amendment right but just not in this thread.

Its been over 12 months and 2 nattys to get to 111 pages and would be a shame to have it locked because of something so trivial.

*maybe our mod with a soul can just delete your posts instead of ruining it for everyone

Reactions: F4Gary
Apparently the actual details about what was going on in Baylor was too shocking for some people. So I’ve skipped detailing what actually went on and what Briles knew so that people with weak stomachs aren’t offended. There was nothing said about criticising the decision in general. And it should be. I finally heard that (allegedly as I wasn’t there) at least a couple big hitters initially balked at the hire but were turned around because of the expected drop in season ticket sales (both due to the terrible season and probably more importantly the changes in tax laws as to what can be expensed which was designed explicitly to hurt universities). So at least some morality discussions were made and ticket sales won out.
Wow, I was wrong, you are TOTALLY capable of stopping.

Tribe, can you take it to another thread just so this one doesn't get locked? I will even start it for you if you like. I am all about free speech and your 1st amendment right but just not in this thread.

Its been over 12 months and 2 nattys to get to 111 pages and would be a shame to have it locked because of something so trivial.

Well I don’t consider hiring two willing participants in the second biggest and second most disgusting scandal to hit sports as a trivial matter. When you’re only a tiny shade off from Ped State, you are disgusting to me.

But whatever. Rah rah, go team. And I’ll just quietly stew in my disgust instead.

So what's your favorite Christmas song?

Also, are the following actually Christmas songs? yes/no?
My Favorite Things
Baby It's Cold Outside
Let it Snow
?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT