ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

I was at game. Winthrop was quality club. Had 9 players so were deep enough to not get tired like many teams. Adam Pickett for them was really good and explosive to the basket. Liked having a scrappy team like this prior to UVA.

PS Mann is officially my favorite FSU basketball player ever.

PSS Our basketball team by January 1 and before ACC play has as many wins as our football teams these last two years combined.

How much is he willing to pay? Because since the Big 12 gets to have a CCG, and has a solid tv contract, there's zero reason to expand (and therefore split the $ share more than 10 ways each year). He'd have to be willing to pay all of those schools the difference lost in the sharing every year. That's the exact reason USF and UCF weren't added in the last round of expansion.

So if I was grand high poobah of college football with infinite power here’s what I would do.

First step would be to rip apart the useless, no defense-playing Big "Twelve". I'd add Texas and Texas Tech to the ACC and Oklahoma and Okie State to the SEC. Then I'd force Notre Dame all the way in to the ACC and give it a buddy like Navy.

Then to the remnants of the Big 12 and a lot of the AAC, I'm plucking whomever I want from the lesser leagues. So my new P6 conference which I'll call the "Continental" as I'm a fan of Christopher Walkeb will consist of:

UCF
USF
Baylor
Houston
Texas Christian
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
East Carolina
UAB
Cincinatti
San Diego State
Fresno State
Colorado State
Air Force
Army
Appalachian State
Boise State
BYU
Memphis

These 20 represent the schools amongst the G5 and Big 12 remnant that have the best attendance for the most part along with typically some of the better football programs.

So if I was grand high poobah of college football with infinite power here’s what I would do.

First step would be to rip apart the useless, no defense-playing Big "Twelve". I'd add Texas and Texas Tech to the ACC and Oklahoma and Okie State to the SEC. Then I'd force Notre Dame all the way in to the ACC and give it a buddy like Navy.

Then to the remnants of the Big 12 and a lot of the AAC, I'm plucking whomever I want from the lesser leagues. So my new P6 conference which I'll call the "Continental" as I'm a fan of Christopher Walkeb will consist of:

UCF
USF
Baylor
Houston
Texas Christian
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
East Carolina
UAB
Cincinatti
San Diego State
Fresno State
Colorado State
Air Force
Army
Appalachian State
Boise State
BYU
Memphis

These 20 represent the schools amongst the G5 and Big 12 remnant that have the best attendance for the most part along with typically some of the better football programs.
Fresno State gets to fly their volleyball team to Greenville, NC for a conference match...what has this world come to? App State Track and Field heads to San Diego...

Fresno State gets to fly their volleyball team to Greenville, NC for a conference match...what has this world come to? App State Track and Field heads to San Diego...

Eh, who says they have to be anything other than a football. There's plenty of lacrosse and hockey only leagues, why not a football only league?

It certainly works for football using my two team pod system where you always play your podmate, a "rival" and then the teams in the pods above and below yours.

Take this for example where I put their "rival" in lower case next to the team actually in the pod

Pod 1 (plays Pod 10 & 2)
USF .... cincy
UCF .... memphis

Pod 2 (plays Pod 1 & 3)
UAB .... houston
App State .... fsu

Pod 3
East Carolina .... army
Memphis .... ucf

Pod 4
Kansas .... sdsu
Kansas State .... boise state

Pod 5
Iowa State .... tcu
Cincinatti .... usf

Pod 6
Air Force .... csu
Army .... ecu

Pod 7
BYU .... baylor
Boise State .... app state

Pod 8
Fresno State .... app state
San Diego State .... kansas

Pod 9
Texas Christian .... isu
Colorado State .... air force

Pod 10
Baylor .... byu
Houston .... uab

So in the above scenario you'd have UCF with a permanent schedule of USF, Memphis, Baylor, Houston, UAB and App State with 2-3 rotational games.

And for Houston you'd have a permanent schedule of TCU, Baylor, USF, UCF, UAB, Colorado State and 2-3 rotational games.

For San Diego State they'd have a permanent schedule of Fresno State, BYU, Colorado State, Boise State, TCU and App State.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-decided-college-football-national-champions

2014 game number 10. Now, this may shock you, but unlike the previous 9 vanilla paragraph write ups, this game starts out with, you got it, a huge swipe at Winston.

“Off the field, Seminoles freshman quarterback Jameis Winston faced an investigation of sexual assault and the notoriety that came with it. He found his escape on the field, where neither law enforcement nor opposing defenses could stop him.” Seriously compare that to anything else on that list.

I hate them so much at this point, I may just listen to radio the rest of my life.

My random post of the day.

cat-playing-guitar-gif.gif

Heck of a second set at Aussie Open. Down 3 match points and a break Kvitova wins set 7-5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT