ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Braves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really should have waited till he finished his second AB! lol

Check that, he's on pace for 272 K now! I knew you had it in you BJ! You never disappoint! Well at least not in the non-traditional sense of meeting ever decreasing expectations.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

BJ Upton - 0 for 8
Justin Upton - 1 for 7
Dan Uggla - 2 for 8. He's down to .250 already. 2013's He'll be back to .179 by May.

Crapola.

BJ Upton - 1 for 12
Justin Upton - 1 for 11
Dan Uggla - 2 for 11. He's down to .182 already.

Originally posted by Vizike Is Back!:
BJ still in the starting lineup and batting second. Fredi G is a bigger idiot than I thought.

Oh, and add another 0-3 with 2 Ks so far today to his stat line.
Apparently, the Uptons are practicing together because Justin is 0-3 with 2 ks. BJ is hitting .067 and Justin is hitting .071 to start the year.

BJ: 0-4 with 3 ks, couldn't even lay down a sac bunt in the 8th; lucky that Freeman got a hit and then Johnson just hit a sac fly to take the lead.

Great recovery from Carpenter in the 8th; gave up a single and then a walk, then proceeds to strike out LaRoche, Zimmerman, and Harper to end the inning.

Dude, remind me what BJ did last year? He was benched then and should not be playing much less starting and batting second. His stat line (which is a shocker I tell ya) only proves the point that Fredi is clueless and is could have cost this team some games.

They have 8 runs in 4 games. The fact they are 3-1 is a miracle.

Originally posted by DFSNOLE
In the real world, a manager doesn't sit that contract.
Yep, nothing Fredi can do, only thing that can save us from BJ is if he decides to call it quits or something.

If you want to deride someone's intelligence, deride Wren's, it is his fault they are in this situation.

That makes no sense. Fredi can bat him 9th, no? Or will he get fired for that too?

Again, BJ is starting and batting second. And gets a K in his first at-bat.

PATHETIC

13 hits tonight, we always seem to get to Strausburg. Everyone with a hit except Heyward, and most with multiple hits.

kind of reminds me of last year where we couldn't score to begin the year, but the pitching carried the team. I think last year we got nearly a month into the season before we lost a game where we scored more than 1 run or something crazy like that.

Upton's numbers are just disgusting. 3 for 25 with 11 Ks and ZERO walks. You could roll a pitcher out there and get that kind of production. I guess he has some value on defense, but jeez it's hard to think of contracts much worse than that one.

ZERO runs again tonight and BJ continues to bat 2nd. Heyward is even worse so far so not sure what to think. FREGI needs to go if he continues to bat BJ second.

Heyward is 3-3 so far with a homerun. Simmons is 2-3 batting in the 2 spot with BJ getting the night off. Up 4-0 in the 5th, and Santana looking solid so far with 5 ks and only allowing 2 hits.

Originally posted by fsugrad06:
Heyward is 3-3 so far with a homerun. Simmons is 2-3 batting in the 2 spot with BJ getting the night off. Up 4-0 in the 5th, and Santana looking solid so far with 5 ks and only allowing 2 hits.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
9 hits last night with 7 of them coming from the 1-2-3 hitters. BJ's confidence be damned. Simmons in the 2 hole may be the way to go.

and he's got .171 and .152 batting ahead of him.
Edit that: .154 and .139 now

Tied game in extra innings and BJ is still batting second. Loss is on him again. And Fredi for playing him.

I know it's annoying but I plan to keep posting my displeasure until BJ is on the bench. I am right and Fredi is wrong and it's costing them some games.

Was at last night's game, Justin's second homerun was absolutely crushed. Also, Doumit is useless: awful at the plate and behind it, 4 stolen bases in him last night.

Not bad for a team that can't hit.

1183528-sweep_super.png

This post was edited on 4/13 5:04 PM by DFSNOLE

The better Upton just won the game. Love my Braves…just so damn frustrated.
If you're really that frustrated 11 games into a 162 game schedule, you better either get yourself a prescription or just quit watching now.

Originally posted by DFSNOLE:
What a wild win that was!
I turned it on at the end of the bottom of the 7th inning. My timing was perfect. What a crazy 8th/9th inning! Will be good for the Braves lineup if Uggla can use that as a springboard to more consistent hitting.

Last year, about this same time he had a two week, five game period where he blew 3 saves (along with a 5 batter 17 pitch save), but no BS in a row. April and May have been his worst months historically. From 11-13 he blew 8 Saves in those two months and only seven the rest, with a 2+ era in both months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT