ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Braves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I think I'm out, they suck me right back in! Quit playing with my emotions and decide if you're going to fight for the playoffs or suck!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by DFSNOLE:
I've been a fan since the '60's; during seasons when they won 100 and seasons when they lost 100. I stick with them regardless.
Oh, I'll stick with them, I just mean giving up on the season

baseball can be really frustrating sometimes. Braves sweep one of the best teams in the league and gain exactly zero games in the division and almost nothing in the WC.

I've written off the division, but i think WC is still a possibility...we need 2/3 from pittsburgh and then a winning record for the rest of the road trip against the mets and reds.

BJ still starting and batting .207 for the year...and getting worse. At least Fredi buried him in the lineup but way too late. Go back to the first page of this thread and you will see my complaints from the 1st game. I WAS RIGHT.

April .213
May .219
June .188
July .255
Aug .114

Looks like someone found the switch to turn on the offense. 5 in a row and 7 out of the last 10. Still in the WC picture. The losing streak is becoming a distant memory.

Who the hell are the guys wearing Braves unis in Pittsburgh and what did they do with the real Atlanta Braves?????

Tough loss last night. Tying run scores in the 8th on a wild pitch and the winning run is unearned in the 9th. These kind of losses rarely occurred when the bullpen had the 7th-8th-9th inning combo of O'Flaherty-Venters-Kimbrel.

Tough loss last night. Tying run scores in the 8th on a wild pitch and the winning run is unearned in the 9th. These kind of losses rarely occurred when the bullpen had the 7th-8th-9th inning combo of O'Flaherty-Venters-Kimbrel.
Yeah, the bullpen has been woof for most of the year. When Wood got up 0-2, I told my wife, "watch, same pitch and the game is over." Sure enough, same pitch, same spot, and then runners were on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. I was surprised Walden was so bad. And then when Carpenter came in, I knew it was ballgame. Tough loss, but just hoping it doesn't carry over into the next series.

Yeah, the bullpen has been woof for most of the year. When Wood got up 0-2, I told my wife, "watch, same pitch and the game is over." Sure enough, same pitch, same spot, and then runners were on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. I was surprised Walden was so bad. And then when Carpenter came in, I knew it was ballgame. Tough loss, but just hoping it doesn't carry over into the next series.

Well the Reds blow, so they are sure to win 3 out of the 4 against the Braves!

Well, they got their one win for this series out of the way early CC.
wink.r191677.gif

The one thing that is keeping a sliver of hope alive is that the Braves have really crushed some teams lately while the gnats are winning by a thread. They are due to have their luck run out on them with these ninth inning walk-offs!

Mike Minor has been a different pitcher since Fredi sat him for a start. Great performance last night.
That stupid bloop single!

Originally posted by CC0492:
Mike Minor has been a different pitcher since Fredi sat him for a start. Great performance last night.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
It was BJ's fault. If he'd been properly playing in closer he could have used his blazing speed to make a diving catch.

It's all on BJ--or on Fredi for not positioning him properly.

Originally posted by seminoleed:
It was BJ's fault. If he'd been properly playing in closer he could have used his blazing speed to make a diving catch.

Um, Ed, BJ didn't play last night...... So I guess it's Fredi's fault for not playing BJ.

Lol! Someone didn't watch!

Lol! Someone didn't watch!
LOL. Someone didn't get my friendly sarcasm directed at another poster for laughs. Should've put up an emoticon, I guess.

My god.......it's the FREAKING METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!
chairshot.r191677.gif

Got one back on the gnats last night. Can't believe they're struggling with the freakin' Mets though!

Felt good about the Braves chances of picking up a game on the Nats with them in Seattle facing King Felix. Instead they hit a total if six homeruns including a record fours off of Hernandez.

I can tell Braves fans are slowly giving up hope. Nice to see we didn't play yesterday and moved into share of wild card tie.
My biggest problem with this team is our best pitcher is our closer. In a playoff situation like last year he didn't even get in the game. Same could happen this year.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by trefeet:
I can tell Braves fans are slowly giving up hope. Nice to see we didn't play yesterday and moved into share of wild card tie.
My biggest problem with this team is our best pitcher is our closer. In a playoff situation like last year he didn't even get in the game. Same could happen this year.
When you lose your #1 starter and another projected starter before the season even starts and are still in contention for a playoff spot, I'd say you over achieved. Any fan who thought the Braves would contend for a WS berth this year is delusional.

Def didn't think they would make or win the World Series. Making playoffs is expected in my opinion with their payroll. The Nats underachieved most if the year which kept is in it until their 10 game win streak. If the NL central beats up each other we could slide into the wild card one game playoff but don't like our chances in that unless we get the lead early. Braves can't rely too heavily on bats showing up.

When you lose your #1 starter and another projected starter before the season even starts and are still in contention for a playoff spot, I'd say you over achieved. Any fan who thought the Braves would contend for a WS berth this year is delusional.
BJ is still starting. That's ALL you need to know about how this team is managed.

Originally posted by Vizike Is Back!:

BJ is now platooning in CF. That's ALL you need to know about how well this team is managed.
FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT