ADVERTISEMENT

Anchor Babies

JohnnieHolmesNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I hear the PC crowd complaining that this phrase is derogatory and disrespectful.

What term would be more satisfactory to those complaining?

Reactions: fsusimoneau
So the idea is to use extremely crappy offensive terms and when someone pushes back call them "PC crowd"? Sign me up as PC

Last edited:
What exactly is an anchor baby?
Some fat ass kid who's been fed a steady diet of bbq and long john silver?

Green card Loinfruit

That wouldn't work as it presumes a green card, or other legal status for the mother (parents), that isn't necessarily the case.

Lol...gringos be afraid of their own shadows.

Next time shadows claim a few thousand lives please let me know.

"The Texas DPS report says well over 100,000 individual criminal aliens have been booked into Texas jails:

From October 2008 to April 2014, Texas identified a total 177,588 unique criminal alien defendants booked into Texas county jails. These individuals have been identified through the Secure Communities initiative, in which Texas has participated since October 2008.

There are almost certainly more criminal aliens who haven’t been identified as aliens. The 177,588 criminal aliens identified by Texas through the Secure Communities initiative only can tag criminal aliens who had already been fingerprinted. Arrests of illegal aliens who have not been fingerprinted prior to arrest are not included in these arrests numbers derived from the Secure Communities initiative.

A review of these 177,588 defendants shows that they are responsible for at least 611,234 individual criminal charges over their criminal careers, including 2,993 homicides and 7,695 sexual assaults."

And that's just in Texas...

That wouldn't work as it presumes a green card, or other legal status for the mother (parents), that isn't necessarily the case.

Next time shadows claim a few thousand lives please let me know.

"The Texas DPS report says well over 100,000 individual criminal aliens have been booked into Texas jails:

From October 2008 to April 2014, Texas identified a total 177,588 unique criminal alien defendants booked into Texas county jails. These individuals have been identified through the Secure Communities initiative, in which Texas has participated since October 2008.

There are almost certainly more criminal aliens who haven’t been identified as aliens. The 177,588 criminal aliens identified by Texas through the Secure Communities initiative only can tag criminal aliens who had already been fingerprinted. Arrests of illegal aliens who have not been fingerprinted prior to arrest are not included in these arrests numbers derived from the Secure Communities initiative.

A review of these 177,588 defendants shows that they are responsible for at least 611,234 individual criminal charges over their criminal careers, including 2,993 homicides and 7,695 sexual assaults."

And that's just in Texas...

Wow those are some badass babies

Lets see, a Mexican or Honduras women who's pregnant hangs out at the boarder waiting for he water to break. Then she just calmly strolls across the boarder, pops the kid out and WALLAH, a anchor to keep her here and open up the government benefits..

Reactions: Urban Cryer
What exactly is an anchor baby?
Some fat ass kid who's been fed a steady diet of bbq and long john silver?

Since you asked, I'll assume you're from the UK, Italy, France, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, or most of Europe where this is a novel concept, and you post on here from a friend computer with only limited access.

Now that I think about it, only some 30 of the world’s 194 countries grant birthright citizenship so I guess you could be from almost anywhere not in the United States. Canada and the United States are the only advanced countries that grant birthright citizenship, but as recent as 2012 the Citizenship and Immigration Minister of Canada proposed to modify the birthright citizenship recognized in Canadian law as a means of discouraging birth tourism. We may be the last one soon. The trend is moving away from birthright citizenship as many countries that once had such policies (Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, France, India, an the UK) have ended them in recent decades. Who knows what the future holds for the US, but I'm sure you would agree we wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of history.

Back to the question at hand, an anchor baby is a term used to describe a child born in the US to a foreign national violating immigration laws. Hope that helps.

I was born in Canada and was not granted citizenship.

Unless both your parents were not citizens or if only one of your parents were citizen but had not resided in the US before your birth, you were a citizen at birth. See Naturalization Act of 1940 or Immigration and Naturilaization Act of 1952 (if you were born after 1952)

Unless both your parents were not citizens or if only one of your parents were citizen but had not resided in the US before your birth, you were a citizen at birth. See Naturalization Act of 1940 or Immigration and Naturilaization Act of 1952 (if you were born after 1952)
Nope. My Dad was stationed there. If he were employed by a private company, I would have been a citizen, like Ted Cruz. Also, an American can't wait until her water breaks, step across the border and have a Canadian by birth like a Mexican can in the US.

* border

* voila

Well that changes everything.. I guess women who spurt out kids like pez to beat the system isn't really a problem after all.. It's a HUGE issue in our country and it's getting worse..

BTW, Wallah means "I promise by God"

Still waiting to hear a better term for "anchor baby."

American citizen.

I'm going to leave you to your xenophobic, my European ancestors were allowed to immigrate based on a signature; Hispanics, Asians and far eastern Europeans were not permitted to become citizens under the law; take there chief.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
If a signature was all that was required at the time to be a legal immigrant, then that's end of discussion as to "Europeans".
My grandparents emigrated legally from Ireland well over 100 years ago. What is so different today? When they landed they did NOT go to an office and sign up for welfare, food stamps, health care or help with housing. There was no such thing. You chose to come to America, you better bring a strong back and some savings in your pockets.
Irish, Italians, Germans, Scandinavians and Eastern Europeans by the millions. In the southwest Mexicans came too and their descendants today are part of this country - they are as American as anyone as are the Asians who came to build railroads.
Anyone who says it is no different now is no student of our history. If they were they would not describe the overall feelings today as xenophobic.

If a signature was all that was required at the time to be a legal immigrant, then that's end of discussion as to "Europeans".
My grandparents emigrated legally from Ireland well over 100 years ago. What is so different today? When they landed they did NOT go to an office and sign up for welfare, food stamps, health care or help with housing. There was no such thing. You chose to come to America, you better bring a strong back and some savings in your pockets.
Irish, Italians, Germans, Scandinavians and Eastern Europeans by the millions. In the southwest Mexicans came too and their descendants today are part of this country - they are as American as anyone as are the Asians who came to build railroads.
Anyone who says it is no different now is no student of our history. If they were they would not describe the overall feelings today as xenophobic.

This is false. And the example trouble with discussing this with Anglo-Americans. The U.S. Has never had an open migration policy with respect to ethnicities. It has been open with respect to Western European nations. In the southwest Mexicans were not permitted to immigrate to become citizens. Same for the Asian immigrants. I know you want to believe this. But you should read the legislative history of all the Naturalization Acts (starting in 1790)

My dad had a green card and was happy as a pig in slop. Why is it always citizenship or bust?

Why all the disdain for the Asian cultures.....they clearly didn't see Kpop on the horizon
The culture and language from the mainly Cantonese and Mandarin-speaking peoples are evident in the food, architecture, and everyday life in Mexico City. The Chinese entered the Mexico in the 19th century to build railroads, and many xenophobic acts were taken against them because Mexico preferred European immigrants.
The story of Chinese immigration to Mexico extends from the late 19th century to the 1930s. By the 1920s, there was a significant population of Chinese nationals, with Mexican wives and Chinese-Mexican children. Most of these were deported in the 1930s to the United States and China.

TornExcitableEsok.gif

Lol...we've done this in the RC. Why are floridians cool with cuban amnesty and not with other Hispanics.

Ummm you cannot vote unless you're a citizen.

If I wanted to be a US voter, I probably wouldn't start my relationship with the the US by breaking the immigration laws.

That said, dad was fine with that. He mailed in his Canadian vote.

If I wanted to be a US voter, I probably wouldn't start my relationship with the the US by breaking the immigration laws. That said, dad was fine with that. He mailed in his Canadian vote.

I was answering your question of "why green card v/s citizenship"

Lol...we've done this in the RC. Why are Floridians cool with Cuban amnesty and not with other Hispanics.

I assume that was a response to my post? I don't know that they are. The number (10k'yr vs 100k plus/Yr) probably dictates more coverage at the Mexican border, but the times are a changing.

The number of Cuban migrants looking to enter the United States ballooned in early 2015, partly driven by uncertainty over the future of special immigration consideration for Cubans after the two countries announced efforts to improve ties.

Cuban authorities have demanded an end to the Cuban Adjustment Act, claiming the policy causes a brain drain. The vote in Miami last week had different motivations: Commissioner Bruno Barreiro, whose family members were beneficiaries of the act, argued that the Castro brothers have long exploited the law to ship out dissidents and to infiltrate spies into the exile community. And El Exilio Historico (the old guard) complains that the new arrivals are economic migrants, not political refugees fleeing communism — the law’s raison d'être
LINK

Wet foot/dry foot.....LINK

Someone has missed MY point. Europeans didn't need to break laws - most folks figured they were just following other "Anglos" ( interesting choice of words they would not have used that word nor would anyone else back in the day)
Mexicans didn't really NEED to emigrate by the way, most were already here in the Southwest and the border really didn't exist. But again none of them ever got a penny from a government agency.

My brother is traveling to Ireland in two weeks to get all of my Grandmother's paperwork as the final piece of the puzzle so that we four siblings can obtain dual citizenship. Because things may continue to deteriorate in the USA.
And it has nothing to do with legal immigrants from Hispanic or Asian countries of origin.

Is anyone following the riots in Germany over the tide of refugees pouring in? The increasing unrest in England over more immigrants who have shown an unwillingness to assimilate? Gosh that is like, SO xenophobic.

When my Grandparents came over here they had to prove, like every other immigrant that they wouldn't be a burden on our country. They had to prove they had a skill or a trade and had resources to keep them on their feet. My Grandparent got help from their American cousins and worked 2 or more jobs. Back then they had to learn the language and history.
Today we have the worst of the worst, people that are illiterate in their own language that have no skill and no way to take care of themselves. Prison's over flow with those that can't stay out of trouble in their own country yet are welcome here. Our language is now "whatever you want it to be", including street.
Anchor babies are no longer needed.

*Keep the political commentary out of here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone has missed MY point. Europeans didn't need to break laws - most folks figured they were just following other "Anglos" ( interesting choice of words they would not have used that word nor would anyone else back in the day)
Mexicans didn't really NEED to emigrate by the way, most were already here in the Southwest and the border really didn't exist. But again none of them ever got a penny from a government agency.

My brother is traveling to Ireland in two weeks to get all of my Grandmother's paperwork as the final piece of the puzzle so that we four siblings can obtain dual citizenship. Because things may continue to deteriorate in the USA.
And it has nothing to do with legal immigrants from Hispanic or Asian countries of origin.

Is anyone following the riots in Germany over the tide of refugees pouring in? The increasing unrest in England over more immigrants who have shown an unwillingness to assimilate? Gosh that is like, SO xenophobic.

Most on the one side of the political spectrum believe immigrants refusing to assimilate either isn't true or isn't a problem. Either way, they see American whites as xenophobic... and that, according to them, is the real problem.

Goldmom- are you seriously considering a move to Ireland?

Gwinnett I'd prefer to continue being an American! But if this country is "gone" like some are seriously afraid of and certain groups are firmly in control then I have to think like Grandma and Grandpa did back in 1907.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT