ADVERTISEMENT

ANOTHER New Footie Thread

I am at my daughter's game and the score showed 1-0, Leicester. I clicked on the box score and it was 1-1.

United has already lost points to a shitty Newastle, they can not do the same today vs Sunderland. A win puts MUFC at the top of the table. Come on you Red Devils!

2-1 Goons now. Sanchez finally gets his first goal of the season.

This game is WIDE OPEN. Final could easily be 4-3 somebody.

Just got back from my daughter's game and I actually put the game on. It makes it easier when they're up!

Depay just shot it right at the keeper, doh! Depay and Martial, wow! The Martial signing looks great right now. These kids are so poised for their age, they just need to settle down a little and take that 1 less dribble.

Arse is up 3-1 in the 74th.

I love NBC putting two games on at 10:00!

Liverpool/Villa starting to make the Showtime Lakers look like quicksand! Come on, you Villains!

I am at my daughter's game and the score showed 1-0, Leicester. I clicked on the box score and it was 1-1.

United has already lost points to a shitty Newastle, they can not do the same today vs Sunderland. A win puts MUFC at the top of the table. Come on you Red Devils!

There it is, Manch... top of the table! Couldn't help but think of you and your family the moment the whistle blew.

Reactions: LesClaypool
There it is, Manch... top of the table! Couldn't help but think of you and your family the moment the whistle blew.

Thanks! That really means a lot! It was tough putting the game on, but as I said earlier, it was a little easier with them up 2-0 and City losing earlier. I just went to drop my daughter off, and the song on the radio was Motley Crue's, "Take it to top". How appropriate!

31 goals in 7 EPL matches today! The only clean sheet went to that guy who should have carried Real to the top of La Liga! He was the summer's best signing. When United signed him, the fans really, really wanted Neuer and Neuer elected to stay in germany and then De Gea had shaky first season, and he had to follow van de Sar, so the fans were cringing, and now he is paid almost twice as much as the 2nd highest paid keeper, but if he can save United points like he has the past couple of years, he is worth it, IMO.

Newcastle should be up 1-0 over Chelsea right now, and hopefully the Bar Codes can steal some points today.

BTW, Spurs beat City 1-0 on legal goals and 3-1 on goals that should not have counted. The officials will be sitting in Howard Webb's office first thing Monday morning.

As for the cooler jersey, I would go with Bournemouthe Pink.

It looked like the Black Cats had 10 keepers on the pitch today, I like the Sunderland away kits. I do not like the Gunners gold kits. I like the Leicester away, Stoke away and Norwich away, along with United's black with orange trim third kit. Norwich's 3rd kit is flat out shitty! What do they need a 3rd kit for, that 4th round League Cup at Goodison Park?

So, Arsenal's big signing this year was Petr Cech. He wanted to stay in London and wanted to play Champions League football. Now for the second Champions League game in a row he is on the bench behind Ospina. I don't get it.

Ospina is a good GK and he needs matches too. If we can't beat Olympiacos w/our backup GK we have insurmountable issues, and we aren't getting out of the group anyway.

I don't have a problem w/it.

Slightly more controversial to me is that Joel Campbell is on the bench over Giroud.

Sucks for me that I don't have FS2 in my cable package so I can't even watch it on the Fox Sports Go app.

I understand Ospina needs matches as well, and maybe I wouldn't have as much of an issue if Cech started the first game or we had won it.

Giroud is suspended for this game since he picked up a red card in the last CL game, so Campbell is really the only option we have there as a backup.

I am happy to see Ox starting out wide instead of Ramsey. Maybe we will actually have some width on the attack tonight.

Arsenal down 1-0 after a goal off a corner...deflection off Ox.

Fortunately as I am typing this, Walcott scores the equalizer.

How does Arsenal look? Are they bossing the Match at least?

Barcelona is getting worked by Bayer Leverkusen at home. No Messi = big problem.

Arsenal back down 2-1 from another corner. This one was curled direct to Ospina and he practically carried it across the line for a goal. I honestly don't think he knew where he was as he could have easily batted the ball away or even caught it and held it out, but instead he didn't.

IMO Arsenal does not look good. The game is fairly wide open and I would expect Arsenal to be having a field day with possession and overall play. However, it just isn't happening that way from what I am seeing (I'm trying to watch and work at the same time).

I still maintain Cech should be playing. No way our top keeper should be on the bench for the first two CL games thus far.

Watching halftime highlights and I see Bate is up 3-0 on Roma. Didn't Roma just draw with Barca on the previous match day?

Hey Les, have you ever gone to Arseblog.com? They have a live blog they run during all matches and I tend to follow there when I cannot watch a game for one reason or another.

Ospina is a good GK and he needs matches too.

If he needs matches, then he should go play for Preston North End. That 2nd goal he gave up was one of the worst mistakes that I have seen in recent time, while Cech sits. This is the UCL, not the Capital One Cup. This is 100% on Wenger and 110% on Ospina. Valdes needs matches, maybe he should play tomorrow instead of De Gea.

With Arsenal and Chelsea both losing games that they should win, and Wolfsburg playing United tomorrow, the EPL could lose their 4th UCL sooner, rather than later.

Hey Manch, good to see you posting around here and also good to see you are watching some footie. I know things will never be the same, but I hope they are getting a little better.

By the way, if Valdes needs games, might I suggest he play this weekend instead of De Gea.

Watching halftime highlights and I see Bate is up 3-0 on Roma. Didn't Roma just draw with Barca on the previous match day?

Some crazy scores today. Bayern up, 5-0 (Lewandowski with another f*cking hat trick). Barca down 1-0. Roma getting kicked in the balls.

Hey Manch, good to see you posting around here and also good to see you are watching some footie. I know things will never be the same, but I hope they are getting a little better.

By the way, if Valdes needs games, might I suggest he play this weekend instead of De Gea.

Thanks!

De Gea is the best keeper in the world, I think he played every game last year, and where his salary doubled, he should play every game, every year.

Arsenal are going out of the CL for the first time at the group stage it appears.

Unreal.

Dare I say it...Wenger out!

I made the comparison last year and I will do it again.

Arsenal & Wenger = FSU & Bowden in the final few years before Fisher took over.

Yes, it's time... #WengerOut

If the Goons don't beat ManU this weekend, the "Wenger Out!" cry will get LOUD from the fans.

Just absurd - back to back losses to Dinamo Zagreb and Olympiacos.

Gimme a friggin' break!

EPL freefall continues my goodness. Olymp and Porto arent even that talented right now.,

The arsenal situation is just sad. I have nothing to add.

Chelsea, bad as they look are still in the league hunt with a congested EPL. Im glad Mourinho is squirming but lots football left and i csnt believe that payroll wont get on a run soon. And Porto and kiev i doubt run away with division. But that would be awesone

Sigh. You make one (that's 1) freaking signing all summer, and you sit him in big games? I fear that Arsenal's biggest advantage, and biggest DISadvantage, is Wenger.

Phew, on the road and the game is not on Sirius, but United comes back! CSKA was up 3 nil and then 3-2, so if that holds up, the group is wide open again!

Should have used Sam Johnstone in net, I don't think he's had senior squad PT yet and De Gea looks wiped out there.

****ing Wenger, I am pulling for all 4 EPL squads so that England doest lose their 4th EPL spot.

big United win, i actually think it's good to come back down 1-0 early vs anyone. Nicely done. I still don't think the player have any idea what tactics they're playing but who cares. Martial and Depay are fun to watch. Group B all tied 3 pts is fun.

Madrid gets it done but man their offense is a disaster still. How many years will they waste Ronaldo with no help in road games? It appears his whole career, and why Messi wins the titles, he actually has help. The standing and watching Cr7 is comical at times.

Sevilla, so Sevilla upset today at home was a terrible result, and they have an astonishing 5 pts in La Liga from 6 games!!!!! worse than Chelsea

Congrats to the Manchester teams. They showed up, unlike London.

I didn't get to see any matches today.

Getting pumped for Arsenal/ManU on Sunday!!!!

Getting pumped for Arsenal/ManU on Sunday!!!!

hans-and-franz-snl-dana-carvey-and-kevin-nealon-pump-you-up.jpg

Reactions: LesClaypool
Should have used Sam Johnstone in net, I don't think he's had senior squad PT yet and De Gea looks wiped out there.

****ing Wenger, I am pulling for all 4 EPL squads so that England doest lose their 4th EPL spot.

England won't be losing their 4th spot to Italy this year for sure. I'd be mildly surprised if Italy even closed the gap this campaign. I woudln't be surprised if the gap b/w England and Germany remained closer than the gap b/w England and Italy. Other than Bayern, I don't think any other German club will do well in the UCL this year. Europa is never easy to predict who will take it seriously, therefore difficult to tell who will be helped in the coefficients by that tourney at this stage. Much easier to guess in the KO stage (and that squads from both Portugal and Spain will take it serious).

big United win, i actually think it's good to come back down 1-0 early vs anyone. Nicely done. I still don't think the player have any idea what tactics they're playing but who cares. Martial and Depay are fun to watch. Group B all tied 3 pts is fun.

Madrid gets it done but man their offense is a disaster still. How many years will they waste Ronaldo with no help in road games? It appears his whole career, and why Messi wins the titles, he actually has help. The standing and watching Cr7 is comical at times.

Sevilla, so Sevilla upset today at home was a terrible result, and they have an astonishing 5 pts in La Liga from 6 games!!!!! worse than Chelsea

Sevilla's one of those clubs that has to decide, take the UCL serious or La Liga as they don't have the squad depth to take both on (kindof like Dortmund in 2012, when they won the Bundesliga, but were KOd of the group stages in the UCL).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT