ADVERTISEMENT

ANOTHER New Footie Thread

Manch, I agree with you one million percent. Howard is the best we have and he should only be sitting if he is injured.

From the beginning I wanted Klinsman as the Manager, but I firmly believe it is time for him to go. I doubt it will happen but if he stays this team is most likely a group stage elimination in 2018.

Many US fans are starting to sound like Georgia fans...time to fire the coach.
We are ranked 29th by FIFA, Mexico is 27th. Ergo, we should lose a close game to them in most cases, which is what happened. As I watched the replay this morning, Mexico was clearly the better side.
I think we have got to start understanding that we are NOT, and maybe never will be, a world power. It's not in our cultural DNA. As for all the Klinsman naysayers, he's brought us farther than any other coach in our history. Pray tell who you have replace him, who would take them farther, who would accept the job based on such absurd expectations? In a way, I hope Georgia fires Richt--his replacement won't be a name, as any top coach who sees 11-2 seasons and big bowls are his FLOOR won't even sniff applying.
Enjoy our limited success and work to improve it, yes; fail to realize that we simply aren't a soccer-oriented sporting nation, no. With the latter, you'll be eternally disappointed.
End of rant. Just my 2 cents.

I wonder if he's struggling with a way to get us to forgo limited short term success with veterans and instead going with youth. He knows there's only so far USA can progress with the current crop. Last night might have answered that debate.
Problem is he's also in charge of talent and it's not like we have tons of young superstars waiting in the wings.

Dutch are outta here!

Amazing...a 4th place finish in the group and no Euros for the Oranje.

I am really depressed over this, as I really like the Dutch. The only good part is, with Van Gaal loading up on Dutch players, Blind and Depay can't get hurt next summer playing in Euro 16'.

When the Netherlands crashed and burned the Spanish last year and finished 3rd at the World Cup, who would have thought this was going to happen. Reminds me of the Celtics and holding on to the Big 3 way too long!

Sneijder, STFU and play. Two goals in 6 minutes is possible! Turkey are down to 10 men, and a Dutch win/Turkey draw and the Dutch advance! Come Oranje!

Yup, 10 men Turkey up 1-0 and the Dutch now need two miracles in just a few minutes.

Vaarwel!!!!!!!!!

Dutch rebuild begins today, shocking stuff. So disappointed i wont see them in France.

And the US men suffer more losses. Even the U23s, hosting, blew qualifying for the olympics and must now play Colombia toadvance
Senior team, another loss at home, ho hum.

Oddly, Jurgen is now teflon don, the only coach around who is so secure in his job results literally mean nothing. Disaster for US soccer.

Finally, the International Break is coming to an end. I'm looking forward to some Club Footie tomorrow morning.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Liverpool-Tottenham was a snoozer. 0-0 draw was the right result.

Man United bringing the pain against Everton. Up 2-0 in the 33rd minute, and looking good.

Boring game from the Peasants. Kopp appeared pleased, but I don't think the Pewl faithful will be placated by scoreless draws.
My oldest son is a die-hard United fan; turned 30 today, and his lot gave him a nice present.
Now, COYG!

Stunned by the United score. Everton always gives United a tough time.

The Sanchez to Real rumors are really heating up. This could be the year CR7 leaves and the cash will be there for Sanchez.

I have a question. I had my United hoodie on today at Dunkin Donuts and some guy tells me that he likes Chelsea and West Ham. Doesn't the typical fan who's favorite team is in London, basically hate all the other London teams?

Speaking of the Hammers, they haven't lost on the road this year, including wins at Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City.

For the first time in ages, both Manchester teams will be playing in Manch at the same time on the 28th in the Carling Cup. I had previously read that one of them will have to play on the 27th, just two days after the derby because the two teams never play at home at the same time.

Set the DVR's, UEFA is on this week.

EURO draws:
Ukraine v Slovenia
Sweden v Denmark
Bosnia v Ireland
Norway v Hungary
Netherlands v Nevermind

Did Bayern just clinch the Bundesliga?

Last edited:
OK, Fox sucks! Why isn't Fox putting the baseball playoffs on the regular Fox station instead of Fox Sports 1? No live EUFA CL games this week on Fox Sports 1? We don't get Fox Sports 2 with Comcast. The Arsenal replay will be shown at 8:00 PM on Tuesday, but there will be no United replays. Gonna have to watch it on the laptop and stream to the TV!

The amount of possession Bayern have in this match is mind-boggling. I don't think even Barca has dominated possession like this against Arsenal. Very very discouraging to watch.

68th minute...no signs of a goal from Arsenal.

Yes it was stressful. I love that Ozil added a second goal pretty mush as the final whistle was about to be blown. The live blog I was following actually announced Full Time, then had to correct it to announce the goal.

Too bad they don't play like this all the time.

Oh don't get it twisted...Arsenal were thoroughly dominated in this match. They just produced 2 moments of brilliance in a match where they only had 30% possession.

It was excruciating to watch...just like the Barcelona matches a few years ago. The goons couldn't get a friggin' touch on the ball.

Pep Guardiola should die of gonnorhea and rot in hell! Tiki-taka is going to kill me...seriously.

Don't get me wrong Les, it was not enjoyable at times watching wave after wave come forward for Bayern. I just think that was somewhat part of the plan Wenger had (maybe I am giving him too much credit), and Arsenal capitalized on it. They did have a couple other good moments earlier in the game, and if not for Neuer Arsenal would have had 4 goals in the game.

Of course Cech played a great game, and I am still scratching my head over Ospina playing the other 2 games. If Cech played each of those games, Arsenal could very well have 9 points (if they found ways to score) and be top of the table right now.

Oh well, they keep the momentum going. COYG!

Reactions: nole31906
COYG indeed!!

And you're totally right, Neuer was great (as usual).

Bayern are about 10x better than Arsenal though. There ain't a chance in hell we could beat them in a one-and-done match, IMO. They're better at just about every position.

Tottenham lost and Liverpool drew in the Europa yesterday. All in all, not a bad day.

Nervous about this weekend w/Everton:

• Lukaku is a beast.
  • Sanchez needs a rest, badly
  • I'd like to see Giroud start and Theo come off the bench for this one.
Also, who does everyone have in the Manchester Derby? Obviously rooting for a draw here, but I think Man United takes it. No Silva, No Aguero...even as deep as they are, I don't think City can win without both of those guys.

Tottenham lost and Liverpool drew in the Europa yesterday. All in all, not a bad day.

Nervous about this weekend w/Everton:

• Lukaku is a beast.
  • Sanchez needs a rest, badly
  • I'd like to see Giroud start and Theo come off the bench for this one.
Also, who does everyone have in the Manchester Derby? Obviously rooting for a draw here, but I think Man United takes it. No Silva, No Aguero...even as deep as they are, I don't think City can win without both of those guys.

I am thinking Man United too. They seem stronger defensively right now.

Matic sent off for Chelsea at the end of the 1st half w/Chelsea already down 1-0. Couldn't happen to a better guy (Mourinho).

Now he's just had one of his assistants sent off for entering the pitch.

What a fiasco!

Matic sent off for Chelsea at the end of the 1st half w/Chelsea already down 1-0. Couldn't happen to a better guy (Mourinho).

Now he's just had one of his assistants sent off for entering the pitch.

What a fiasco!

Hard to feel sorry for Chelsea, but the offside call was a poor one IMO.

Offside call was poor.

They just leveled it up at 1-1 though.

Mourinho is in the stands for some reason. I haven't heard why. Guess he was sent off too?!

Offside call was poor.

They just leveled it up at 1-1 though.

Mourinho is in the stands for some reason. I haven't heard why. Guess he was sent off too?!

TV said he confronted refs in the tunnel, then tried to get into the Officials Room at halftime. The man is a psycho, and will be gone soon. Roman won't stand for this while losing so much.

Goons hold on vs Everton and (for the moment) go top of the table!

COYG!

Thoughts:

1. Giroud was excellent. It was the right call giving him the start against a physical Everton squad.

2. Alexis damn well better get a rest next week! The man is clearly exhausted.

3. Petr Cech is the man! Best £10 mil Arsenal has ever spent.

4. Ozil was great today and has really been playing well. I'm not his biggest fan and he's slow as molasses but the guy has a certain 6th Sense about him.

5. Gabriel may be the ugliest human on the planet. To say he has a horse face is an insult to horses! But he was money well spent too! Dude was excellent today when it counted.

Reactions: nole31906
Alexis should sit this week's Carling Cup tie vs Sheff Wednesday (one of the teams that I'd like to see back in the BPL, along with Sheff United, Leeds, Notingham Forrest and perhaps Pompei).

I said a while back that one of the intriguing matches would be Stoke vs Chelsea, and Britannia will be rocking for the upset! Crystal Palace could knock of City and 'Boro played everyone tough last year in both domestic cups.

Another weird stat, is that no two teams outside the BPL will be facing each other in the round of 16, so the quarters could feature 8 BPL teams,

I give up. Even Clattenberg can't call a consistent game now. Adds time for no reason in the 1st half which changes the game. Bad sequence of calls in the 2nd half results in Lucas NOT getting his 2nd yellow and sent off results in a goal a few minutes later. Be good, be bad, just be consistent.

Just got to Barcelona a few hours ago. Took a nap and a shower and now feeling like a champ! Waiting for the CL matches to start...but they don't start until 8:45 local time here! Yikes! I'm usually in bed by 9 back home lol.

Going to watch Real Madrid vs PSG at a local Barca bar. Something tells me they'll be supporting PSG.

So I'm finally heading overseas to London from 11/20-11/27 and though United don't have a home EPL match, there is the PSV ucl match on the 24th at Old Trafford that I'm looking into trying to get to.

Questions for those of you familiar: where is the best place to buy tickets to the match?? Stubhub has some tickets but I'm curious as to where else I could find some. Also, best ways to get from London to Manchester and back in the same day/night... or stay over night in Manchester since it's a 7:45 kickoff?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know the answers to any of your questions but I hope you have a blast in London, and I really hope you get to go to the match!

Matchday is here! I'm on my way to the Camp Nou in a few hours. We drove by it the other day on one of our tours and the place is massive. Saw La Masia where Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, et. al. got their youth training...super cool.

On another note, even though I can't watch it, COYG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat Spurs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT