ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone eat dinner at the UCC/6th floor last night? HORRIBLE

Probably difficult to find reasonably quality people to give up their weekends for a minor check 5 times a year. Finding good help in modern America is tough. Doubly tough in low-paying service industries.
Very interested in hearing your impressions on the champions club after your visit today.

For every drink you buy, the tip is included, but you have the opportunity to add more. However, I read somewhere that when some restaurants convert to automatic tipping for all transactions, that tip money does not go 100% to the servers. The restaurant keeps a share of it. That is not unique to the UCC, if in fact that is happening. But clearly the patrons have no idea that this is happening.

All private clubs try to find a way to allow members to do everything without using cash. But members want to believe that the tips they pay go to the server who serves them. I know that many members of the club want to believe that the club attracts the best servers in town. And if that is not happening, then it has to be fixed. Poor service will destroy the value of any basket of amenities.
Think I'm gonna look into that. Wonder if it's legal. It's terrible policy and greedy as hell.

Think I'm gonna look into that. Wonder if it's legal. It's terrible policy and greedy as hell.

The actual servers claim that they get no part of the pre-billed 20% tip. They claim that amount goes to the dudes behind the scenes. They were pretty vocal about their unhappiness about the situation. I have no idea who is right or wrong, but do I need to be duking people 35-40% for slow/crappy service????

The actual servers claim that they get no part of the pre-billed 20% tip. They claim that amount goes to the dudes behind the scenes. They were pretty vocal about their unhappiness about the situation. I have no idea who is right or wrong, but do I need to be duking people 35-40% for slow/crappy service????

Yep, I asked this afternoon and the wait staff claim they don't get tips unless we tip them.

Club Corp keeps the 20% tip on the ticket. In return, they say they pay higher hourly wages to keep waiters employed and pay a higher per hour wage to them. If you want the waiter to get an extra "tip" you must pay them directly in CASH.

Club Corp keeps the 20% tip on the ticket. In return, they say they pay higher hourly wages to keep waiters employed and pay a higher per hour wage to them. If you want the waiter to get an extra "tip" you must pay them directly in CASH.
Why the bait and switch? Add it to the total price of whatever you are purchasing. In the end, it is the staff that gets shortchanged as most people don't care to tip twice.

This will be my last season as a UCC member. The service is simply not worth the cost. And now that the Champions Club is here, it's really bad. If you're not a CC member, there's no point to UCC membership anymore.

I also plan on cancelling my membership.

I have been a member since it's inception but the service yesterday during the game was non existent. We waited in long lines to try to get a couple of beers. They have bartenders serving/rotating between multiple lines. After waiting more than 20 minutes, we gave up and went back to the game. Even if we were one of the "lucky ones" to be served, they had what looked like a supervisor continually pouring beers and stacking it up centrally for the bartender to grab when ordered. The problem is the beer sat there for a significant amount of time and the chances of you actually receiving a cold beer were slim to none.

Reactions: Nole2K
Can someone explain the difference between the UCC and the Club seats as far as what relationship they have with each other?

I'm trying to keep up, even if it is just to watch the privileged few face adversity and hardship, which makes me chuckle.

Seriously though, are both located in the stadium during the game ? Help a poor, window licking FSU Alum out here.

Can someone explain the difference between the UCC and the Club seats as far as what relationship they have with each other?

I'm trying to keep up, even if it is just to watch the privileged few face adversity and hardship, which makes me chuckle.

Seriously though, are both located in the stadium during the game ? Help a poor, window licking FSU Alum out here.

As a closet CC member, I nominate this for post of the week. LMAO. I wish I knew the answer, and I enjoy tipping twice for slow service.

I'm just wondering when we will get the credit for being Champions Club seat holders because I haven't seen it yet

Don't worry. I told several of them what I thought last night and I was not the only one.
I had a family member attend. He very much complained that first, they ran out of prime rib, and then also was continually given the excuse that they didn't expect that many people. Like others have said, how can you not expect many people on parents weekend and our first real home game of the season.

Seems like too many aspects of our football experience are understaffed ... first our defense and now this.

What started out as a promising, exciting and special season has gotten off to a disastrous start and lost its luster.

Isn't there a heavy student involvement in running the thing? Sadly, there is a huge standard deviation around the performance of modern kids. Many of them really don't understand, or care, that you are paying a premium for "extra" service. Even if kids are not heavily involved, I am sure it is hard to secure world class help for occasional gigs in a small town like Tally. Sadly, it is what it is.

Need some helmet-slamming to get their attention, maybe.
Sounds like you have it wrong in your blame. From the previous post about tips, if UCC is keeping any of it, and/or people aren't tipping 20% than the place deserves bad service and a bad rep. People who don't tip 20% to a waiter working hard are people who don't have a clue what waiting tables and restaurant life is like. And I'd flip out if UCC is taking any of it

Reactions: RTM58 and Annapolis
As a closet CC member, I nominate this for post of the week. LMAO. I wish I knew the answer, and I enjoy tipping twice for slow service.

I now have you on the list. Think French Revolution.

We will be storming the Club Section after we get blasted by Clemson and no one sits in the Club seats all game.

I can't wait for the horrified look on the elitists face when my five year old son, grimy, covered in dirt and spilt coke, throws his dipping dots on their expensive clothing.

I'm going to watch Braveheart now.

I now have you on the list. Think French Revolution.

We will be storming the Club Section after we get blasted by Clemson and no one sits in the Club seats all game.

I can't wait for the horrified look on the elitists face when my five year old son, grimy, covered in dirt and spilt coke, throws his dipping dots on their expensive clothing.

I'm going to watch Braveheart now.

It has to happen sooner or later; shredding my tax returns as we speak. I regret that I have but one tuxedo in which to be executed. But do us a favor and wheel your guillotine over to the defensive coaches' offices before you come for us in our air conditioned splendor at the CC.

It has to happen sooner or later; shredding my tax returns as we speak. I regret that I have but one tuxedo in which to be executed. But do us a favor and wheel your guillotine over to the defensive coaches' offices before you come for us in our air conditioned splendor at the CC.

Oh we will definitely start with some coaches. Public spectacle and all.

You've been given fair warning my very soft, very pampered friend.

If you think you can outrun a 5 year old hopped up on sugar and caffeine I'm afraid you will learn a very hard lesson.

Enjoy the rest of your evening watching the news, sipping a fine brandy, and berating poor people.

Reactions: FlashFSU
Deplorable

Reactions: canoli
Oh we will definitely start with some coaches. Public spectacle and all.

You've been given fair warning my very soft, very pampered friend.

If you think you can outrun a 5 year old hopped up on sugar and caffeine I'm afraid you will learn a very hard lesson.

Enjoy the rest of your evening watching the news, sipping a fine brandy, and berating poor people.

It's on! I know we can't outrun the 5-year-olds and so I have a genius plan: if you can't outrun them, assimilate them. Free soda pops and Dove bars in the CC for all the young'ns; (I'll) let them eat (some) cake (too)! For the more mature revolutionaries, there was Bradley's sausage with onions and peppers yesterday too.

I am one of the biggest supporters of the Club, but I will say that the bar manager on the Level 4 sports bar side has absolutely no business being in his position. This guy is the rudest person I've every encountered in the SERVICE industry. The scariest part is that he is the manager/leader of what's probably the busiest bar in the Champions Club. Friend who I have tickets with actually avoids the area this jerk is in at all times. I'm sure we are not the only ones that have noticed this.

Reactions: MobileAlNole
I am one of the biggest supporters of the Club, but I will say that the bar manager on the Level 4 sports bar side has absolutely no business being in his position. This guy is the rudest person I've every encountered in the SERVICE industry. The scariest part is that he is the manager/leader of what's probably the busiest bar in the Champions Club. Friend who I have tickets with actually avoids the area this jerk is in at all times. I'm sure we are not the only ones that have noticed this.

Forrest? Yeah, I confirmed Saturday that was the guy that I got into with Friday Night after I told him we had gone an hour without drinks and he wanted to help other people behind me... He could care less that we pay high prices for service, and it shows when he talks to people. Funny thing was, we got there at 6 and were seated outside by a one of the women that checks you in. He came rolling over eating his chips and actually asked us if we had reservations and were supposed to be out there. I was like WTF?

I watched him talk on the cell all night while I wasn't getting served, grab cherries out of the fruit area for mixed drinks and eat them. He also sat there and ate chips and dug in his teeth between making drinks. Complete amateur hour.

Ive seen the lady that runs the UCC chew servers on the 3rd floor ballroom for talking on a cell, so I can't believe this dude just does what the hell he wants...

Forrest? Yeah, I confirmed Saturday that was the guy that I got into with Friday Night after I told him we had gone an hour without drinks and he wanted to help other people behind me... He could care less that we pay high prices for service, and it shows when he talks to people. Funny thing was, we got there at 6 and were seated outside by a one of the women that checks you in. He came rolling over eating his chips and actually asked us if we had reservations and were supposed to be out there. I was like WTF?

I watched him talk on the cell all night while I wasn't getting served, grab cherries out of the fruit area for mixed drinks and eat them. He also sat there and ate chips and dug in his teeth between making drinks. Complete amateur hour.

Ive seen the lady that runs the UCC chew servers on the 3rd floor ballroom for talking on a cell, so I can't believe this dude just does what the hell he wants...
Yea if this is the same guy he needs to be fired quicker than Charles Kelly. The Friday night Club Grand Opening, I watched him talk down to a group of club members trying to get drinks before last call. It was literally 3 minutes before last call, but who gives a damn. It was Grand Opening night and this guy was making a terrible first impression on behalf of the entire project. Guy is just a jerk.

Yea if this is the same guy he needs to be fired quicker than Charles Kelly. The Friday night Club Grand Opening, I watched him talk down to a group of club members trying to get drinks before last call. It was literally 3 minutes before last call, but who gives a damn. It was Grand Opening night and this guy was making a terrible first impression on behalf of the entire project. Guy is just a jerk.

Jam knows him.

Im shocked how he talks to customers of a venue that charges membership dues...

Ive been a UCC member for 2 years, and have eaten up there a lot, I have to say that was a horrible experience.

As always, I made reservations for 6pm, and we were one of the first 2 people to be sat outside. From 6pm, until 9pm, I managed to get 2 beers for myself, 1 for my wife, and we served ourselves dinner off the buffet. Our server would go AWOL for large blocks of time, which wasn't completely her fault because they started sitting people outside and the only two people working were the bartender and her, while they had tons of people outside. By 8pm or so, they finally shifted servers outside, but at that point it was too late.

Around 45 minutes with no drink service, I tracked my server down and she flat told me she could not keep up and it would be best if I got my beer from the bar. Well, I walked over there and stood for 10 minutes and watched the bartender serve people out of order. When I mentioned I had arrived before some of the other groups, he got pissy with me, so Ill be sending an note to the UCC over this.

I mean we pay to be members, to go up there and over-pay for food and drinks, if you want me to be honest, and then to see service like this. I hope this is not what the UCC will become by combining it with the Champ Club ticket holders, because that was piss poor.

All I heard all night was "we are understaffed and were not expecting this many people". Um, OK, it is UNC weekend and Parents Weekend, WTF did you think was gonna happen. Our server did not even bring us silver ware until we tracked her down to get that! I think they need to work on staffing, as well as training.

We were club members for years. Our club # was 112 so that let's you know how long ago it was. We quit because this was happening way back then. People would order 3 drinks at a time because it took forever to get a drink.The buffet never changed and it was always the same food. I don't miss not belonging to the Club. Too many great restaurants in Tally now.

Reactions: fsu89
We were club members for years. Our club # was 112 so that let's you know how long ago it was. We quit because this was happening way back then. People would order 3 drinks at a time because it took forever to get a drink.The buffet never changed and it was always the same food. I don't miss not belonging to the Club. Too many great restaurants in Tally now.

I agree Godsnoles. My member # is 18 and it appears to me that the resources are now spread too thin on gameday with the addition of the club seats. I don't think it is unreasonable to think I should be able to get a beer in 20 minutes. I still had two in front of me in line before I gave up and returned back to my seats. I'll strongly consider cancelling my membership after the season.

It's on! I know we can't outrun the 5-year-olds and so I have a genius plan: if you can't outrun them, assimilate them. Free soda pops and Dove bars in the CC for all the young'ns; (I'll) let them eat (some) cake (too)! For the more mature revolutionaries, there was Bradley's sausage with onions and peppers yesterday too.

Yes I have one very big flaw with my plan. If at any time there is the offer of pizza, chocolate, ice cream, Ninja Turtles, or a free toy my infantry will turn on me.

And frankly, I'm too old too chase anyone too far. Give me a couple beers and I'll probably just call it off. In the Club section at least.

The coaches will not be granted parlay I'm afraid.

The problems I have with all this tipping chat.
1) you are already paying inflated prices for your beverages
2) a tip is something you earn for good service
3) a tip is calculated by a percentage of the original price. Used to be 10%, then they were pushing 15 and is now commonly pushed to 20%. This really makes the product an insanely overpriced commodity.
4)If the company already pays out the tips to the servers from the bills collected, What is the beef?

Yeah, I got to deal with this guy.

When the club first opened at 11:30am I ordered a drink and a Mimosa for my wife. He said that the bar didn't open until 12:30 and I informed him that can't be right because tons of folks were headed up the elevators to enjoy the club and he'd better get ready.

In fact none of the bar staff even spoke to me until I asked them for a drink. It will all be ironed out but not a good early look.

I had better luck with the ladies roaming the deck asking if I needed a drink so I stayed clear of the inside bar.

Of course the guy sitting in front of me in our seats probably had it figure out. He had both pockets filled with flasks and had his wife bring back free Cokes.

3) a tip is calculated by a percentage of the original price. Used to be 10%, then they were pushing 15 and is now commonly pushed to 20%. This really makes the product an insanely overpriced commodity.
4)If the company already pays out the tips to the servers from the bills collected, What is the beef?

I found the drink prices to be inexpensive by stadium/club seat standards. Heck, I paid $15 for a drink at Jerry World.

Yea it is very confusing. I started off tipping as I normally do for the first home game then saw the 20% charge. I asked numerous bar staff about it and finally spoke with a very nice young lady that told me that the bar tenders are tipped out of the 20% and anything else was just "extra" and went to the bar backs and waitresses and waiters. So thinking that they were in essence being tipped out of the 20%, I stopped adding more. Hope we can get clarification on this as well.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Yeah, I got to deal with this guy.

When the club first opened at 11:30am I ordered a drink and a Mimosa for my wife. He said that the bar didn't open until 12:30 and I informed him that can't be right because tons of folks were headed up the elevators to enjoy the club and he'd better get ready.

In fact none of the bar staff even spoke to me until I asked them for a drink. It will all be ironed out but not a good early look.

I had better luck with the ladies roaming the deck asking if I needed a drink so I stayed clear of the inside bar.

Of course the guy sitting in front of me in our seats probably had it figure out. He had both pockets filled with flasks and had his wife bring back free Cokes.

I agree, the ladies walking around with trays have been great both games. And the bartenders on the Terrace were great during the game.

Yes I have one very big flaw with my plan. If at any time there is the offer of pizza, chocolate, ice cream, Ninja Turtles, or a free toy my infantry will turn on me.

And frankly, I'm too old too chase anyone too far. Give me a couple beers and I'll probably just call it off. In the Club section at least.

The coaches will not be granted parlay I'm afraid.

It's a deal! A few beers for the adult revolutionizes, if they don't mind waiting 20-30 minutes per beer. And double-tipping.

The same guy yelled at my girlfriend for getting a soda on the side bar when there was no attendant present. Luckily I was at our seats and didn't witness. The club is outstanding but sounds like he's a jackass

The same guy yelled at my girlfriend for getting a soda on the side bar when there was no attendant present. Luckily I was at our seats and didn't witness. The club is outstanding but sounds like he's a jackass
90d.jpg

Reactions: noleone99
If FSU and the Boosters are knowingly supporting a corporation that is not transparent with its customers regarding their tip money and where it is being allocated while simotaneously underpaying their employees, they should be ashamed of themselves. Period.

Sometimes this university makes me shake my head. Treat people right.

Reactions: noleone99
We had the same issue. Poor service and poor food. The Roast Beef carving was really bad. They must have had a bad roast when we went through. Payed $194 for 4 people and one bottle of wine. Got water and wine after we finished the meal. Should have gone to somewhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT