ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone eat dinner at the UCC/6th floor last night? HORRIBLE

Does anyone know the organizational structure and financial arrangements of the UCC? The website is under ClubCorp.com, not under the University.

I have a number of questions that would be relevant in determining who decides the policies and makes decisions concerning the operations of the UCC.

Does ClubCorp actually own the UCC or are they just hired to operate it, like a concessions vendor?
What are the details of the contract between ClubCorp and FSU?
What is the involvement of the Boosters?
How is the management and determination of policies and operations structured?
Who does the ClubCorp management report to at FSU and/or the Boosters or is ClubCorp the sole party determining policies and operations?
How is the Champions club integrated into the structure?
How are the financial arrangements structured?

Finally, for the lawyers out there, could the documents relating to the organizational structure be accessed via a FOIA request?

Maybe some enterprising investigative journalist type could look into it. Once you understand the organizational structure, then you have a better understanding of what buttons need to be pushed to encourage policy changes.

I think all parties involved would like to see the UCC, The Champions Club, FSU and the boosters (organization and members) have a successful, enjoyable experience.

Reactions: rhurner
I did ask, and I can confirm for certain that the bartenders are not tipped unless we tip them directly. The 20% 'service charge' all goes to the UCC. I asked a few of them on Saturday and they were told that since they get $10 and hour that they're on their own. That began this year, and wasn't communicated to the membership in anything that I've seen. I don't mind the service charge, and I don't mind tipping, but I do really mind both if it's not going to the staff. It's not like the UCC alcohol is inexpensive, so I'm not sure where the service charge goes. Just gravy.

Reactions: JMGNole
I sent an email as well. Still waiting on a response

Have you heard anything Primetime?

I also asked about the 20% service charge. The clarification on who actually pockets the 20% sure does vary.

Here is the response I received, "In regards to your other question, the 20% service charge goes into a tip pool to be split among all the servers. Additional gratuity is always appreciated, but not required."

If I go to the bartender who isn't being given part of that, and they say that they aren't, then why would it go to the servers?

I totally agree JMG and truly believe the bartenders are getting screwed. They work hard and it can be quite stressful for them dealing with frustrated members (me included) trying to be served, especially at halftime.

That is why I emailed Erin and asked her specifically how the 20% service fee is distributed and that was her response. I'll now hand the bartenders cash when I'm served but it still doesn't address the issue of where is the 20% service charge truly going and are the members now being gouged?

I was considering the champions club, but with the bad service and food reviews and the gouging 20% service charge on top of the already overpriced drinks, I think I will pass.

I totally agree and had the same concerns before the season. Our UCC membership has been devalued and will seriously consider cancelling my membership after the football season. I am one of the original members but the drop-off in service/benefits is too substantial to ignore.

Worst part IMHO is the fact that only 1 elevator is assigned to UCC. Given that less than 1/2 of the CC has been sold that seems like a misallocation of resources.

The idea that we couldn't access the 3rd floor, or even pass through to get to the one elevator that stops at three might be the last straw.

After a heartbreaking loss, we simply wanted to use a clean bathroom, maybe get a cold drink and hit the elevator. Instead we're greeted with a phalanx of black shirts "Can't come in, go around" while looking for our armbands like we were trying to get on a ride we hadn't paid for.

I know that it sounds small, but it might have done it for us, and we were married on Langford Green, with the reception in the UCC.

The idea that we couldn't access the 3rd floor, or even pass through to get to the one elevator that stops at three might be the last straw.

After a heartbreaking loss, we simply wanted to use a clean bathroom, maybe get a cold drink and hit the elevator. Instead we're greeted with a phalanx of black shirts "Can't come in, go around" while looking for our armbands like we were trying to get on a ride we hadn't paid for.

I know that it sounds small, but it might have done it for us, and we were married on Langford Green, with the reception in the UCC.

I do get the impression UCC members are now considered second class citizens on gameday.

If what I read in emails from the UCC, game weekends for club members are limited to friday night on the 6th floor, and game day in the "ballroom." So if I live out of town, and can't get there for friday night, being inside on a saturday isn't very appealing to me. I talked with another long time member, over 15-20 years like me, and we both agree that this is becoming a waste of money and provides no value.

Reactions: fsu89
If what I read in emails from the UCC, game weekends for club members are limited to friday night on the 6th floor, and game day in the "ballroom." So if I live out of town, and can't get there for friday night, being inside on a saturday isn't very appealing to me. I talked with another long time member, over 15-20 years like me, and we both agree that this is becoming a waste of money and provides no value.

We used to be able to go up to 6 before the games, until 30 minutes prior to kickoff. No more.

After quite a bit of thought we made a decision to forego the Champions Club, and based on some of the comments I don't regret it.

Couldn't agree more!

We used to be able to go up to 6 before the games, until 30 minutes prior to kickoff. No more.

After quite a bit of thought we made a decision to forego the Champions Club, and based on some of the comments I don't regret it.

If you can't be on the 6th floor pre-game to eat and have beverages, then what is the use of being a member?

Personally, seeing all those empty seats for all those "fans" who watch the game inside on TV is very sad...and imo reflects badly on the fan base because on TV they will will always be empty.

Personally, seeing all those empty seats for all those "fans" who watch the game inside on TV is very sad...and imo reflects badly on the fan base because on TV they will will always be empty.

Nope....and this is at a great game.

9:30 PM
m77Qu7.jpg

10:00 PM
dD9Wf1.jpg

11:00 PM
ksDGnB.jpg

11:30 PM
XY9KXH.jpg

Last edited:
Seminole Boosters owns the majority of the UCC. There is some kind of profit split with Club Corp. I've heard the percentages but don't want to say since I'm not exactly sure. Club Corp is a national company with over 300 clubs in 29 states. We have expanded our club now to include 4 floors with the 6theme floor Grille, 2 huge patio decks, 4 smaller conference rooms on 5th floor, Champions Club on 4th floor and the 3rd floor ballroom. All of these venues are yours to use as a member with the only limitations on football gamedays in Champions Club areas on 4th and 6th floor. You get a great discount on membership by being a Champions Club member.

Seminole Boosters owns the majority of the UCC. There is some kind of profit split with Club Corp. I've heard the percentages but don't want to say since I'm not exactly sure. Club Corp is a national company with over 300 clubs in 29 states. We have expanded our club now to include 4 floors with the 6theme floor Grille, 2 huge patio decks, 4 smaller conference rooms on 5th floor, Champions Club on 4th floor and the 3rd floor ballroom. All of these venues are yours to use as a member with the only limitations on football gamedays in Champions Club areas on 4th and 6th floor. You get a great discount on membership by being a Champions Club member.

Thanks Jam.

How about giving the UCC members a "great discount" for supporting the club year round and losing partial access on game-day and during other Champion Club events throughout the year?

Reactions: JMGNole
Nope....

9:30 PM
m77Qu7.jpg

10:00 PM
dD9Wf1.jpg

11:00 PM
ksDGnB.jpg

11:30 PM
XY9KXH.jpg

The club was packed Saturday, with attendance making it a top 5 largest stadium club in America. Once sold out in year 3 (which was our plans from the start) it will be the largest. It's nice up there and nobody wants to sit in seats. We sold 4200+- Saturday. We had originally planned for 4,000 by Clemson game. Not sure what levels we want for UF. The total project is still not completed so we don't want to rush into crowds we can't handle. To quote one of our alcohol beverage vendors "this place is a cash cow for FSU"

Reactions: ChiefWB
Thanks Jam.

How about giving the UCC members a "great discount" for supporting the club year round and losing partial access on game-day and during other Champion Club events throughout the year?

The discount is actually a portion of UCC cost added in ticket price. You can use that money towards full time membership into club.

The discount is actually a portion of UCC cost added in ticket price. You can use that money towards full time membership into club.

It is not a discount if it is added to the price of the ticket.

Please don't take this as an attack on you Jam. The explanation still doesn't help that as being a UCC member, I feel like we are being slighted and have taken a step backwards as a result of the limited access. My family is not enjoying game-day's nearly as much as we have since we first became a member in the 1990's.

Last edited:

Please don't take this as an attack on you Jam. The explanation still doesn't help that as being a UCC member, I feel like we are being slighted and have taken a step backwards as a result of the limited access. My family is not enjoying game-day's nearly as much as we have since we first became a member in the 1990's.

Maybe I'm wording it wrong. A portion of CC costs $125 per ticket is to pay for limited membership (football weekends) to club. You can take that money and put towards full time membership in club. A person 100 miles away from club pay approximately $500 a year. 2 CC seats would basically give you 1/2 price membership, 4 would make it no extra cost

One part of the stadium renovations funded by CC is to make a west side extension of UCC at Miller Hall. It would be easy access for west side stadium seats into another UCC venue.

Maybe I'm wording it wrong. A portion of CC costs $125 per ticket is to pay for limited membership (football weekends) to club. You can take that money and put towards full time membership in club. A person 100 miles away from club pay approximately $500 a year. 2 CC seats would basically give you 1/2 price membership, 4 would make it no extra cost

That makes sense, thanks Jam!

That is what I'm debating. Is it worth continuing my UCC membership?
I am waiting on the Miller Hall addition to see if that adds anything to the experience. My wife is advocating dropping the UCC membership she thinks the experience is way down. Oh and we never went to the top. I am hoping another Year will make it better.

The club was packed Saturday, with attendance making it a top 5 largest stadium club in America. Once sold out in year 3 (which was our plans from the start) it will be the largest. It's nice up there and nobody wants to sit in seats. We sold 4200+- Saturday. We had originally planned for 4,000 by Clemson game. Not sure what levels we want for UF. The total project is still not completed so we don't want to rush into crowds we can't handle. To quote one of our alcohol beverage vendors "this place is a cash cow for FSU"

Aren't there only seven stadium clubs with one of them only opening last year?

So, apparently, we aren't fans of the 12th Man concept. We are fans of the A/C, actual fans and big screen TVs. Seems like maybe we should split the seats and the club memberships up. If you want to come to say you were at the game watching it on a big screen TV you pays $XX, but if you want to go to the game and watch the actual game while having access to a waitress you pay $XX.

If people aren't going to sit in the seats during a top-ten match up night game in a prime time slot, when will they?

I'm a fan of the concept, met with ClubCorp before, but I'm a bigger fan of butts in seats - i.e., the 12th Man. Isn't that what going to the game is all about? At some point, I'm going to have to punch a good buddy right in his face, cause telling him the club is a "cash cow" after he says we can't even fill our stadium for top ten match up isn't going to quite be enough. Especially after he tells me they make more money from their TV contract with their regional fan base.

It5CTD.gif

Last edited:
What does the Miller Hall deal have to do with the fact that we can no longer access the patio on game day?

I'm an out-of-towner and only make a few games a year, so UCC has never made sense for me, but are you saying that a UCC membership does not entitle you to go on the patio to watch the game? You have to stay indoors or go back to outside stadium seats? And it is difficult to get drinks when you go indoors?

If so, I guess the real options are join the Champions Club or GTFO.

Reactions: Mugsy101
Aren't there only seven stadium clubs with one of them only opening last year?

So, apparently, we aren't fans of the 12th Man concept. We are fans of the A/C, actual fans and big screen TVs. Seems like maybe we should split the seats and the club memberships up. If you want to come to say you were at the game watching it on a big screen TV you pays $XX, but if you want to go to the game and watch the actual game while having access to a waitress you pay $XX.

If people aren't going to sit in the seats during a top-ten match up night game in a prime time slot, when will they?

I'm a fan of the concept, met with ClubCorp before, but I'm a bigger fan of butts in seats - i.e., the 12th Man. Isn't that what going to the game is all about? At some point, I'm going to have to punch a good buddy right in his face, cause telling him the club is a "cash cow" after he says we can't even fill up our stadium for top ten match up isn't going to quite be enough. Especially after he tells me they make more money from their TV contract with their regional fan base.

It5CTD.gif
I've been wondering this myself. Sell some of the seats as limited alcohol and food delivered to your seat at a lower price.

I'm an out-of-towner and only make a few games a year, so UCC has never made sense for me, but are you saying that a UCC membership does not entitle you to go on the patio to watch the game? You have to stay indoors or go back to outside stadium seats? And it is difficult to get drinks when you go indoors?

If so, I guess the real options are join the Champions Club or GTFO.

UCC membership has never allowed you to watch the game on 6, unless you paid an extra $100 or so. We did have access before kickoff . Now we can't even access 6 at all. We used to hit the brunch buffet and sit in the sun before noon games, then head to our seats. No more.

Reactions: fsu89
It's now been five days since I sent in a question. No reply. A friend sent in a similar question after the first home game. Still no reply.

Absolutely no excuse for not answering in a timely manner. If you were inquiring about joining, you would have heard back immediately.

Absolutely no excuse for not answering in a timely manner. If you were inquiring about joining, you would have heard back immediately.
You SHOULD email them about joining...then...when they call back...say, "Aha - I got you bastards! You're going to listen to me and you're going to listen good!"

Reactions: CobNole and fsu89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT