ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone eat dinner at the UCC/6th floor last night? HORRIBLE

We had the same issue. Poor service and poor food. The Roast Beef carving was really bad. They must have had a bad roast when we went through. Payed $194 for 4 people and one bottle of wine. Got water and wine after we finished the meal. Should have gone to somewhere else.

That's the shame. My Friday night bill for 3 beers and two buffets was $100, after the 20% charge... All to not get served and argue with an employee.

A couple of questions .

1. Is the jerk manager a short dude with dark hair? He's a prick .

2. Have you talked to Tracy Marple, the GM ? Do so.

We've had so many good times there, but some of the management decisions have baffled me.

First game, we caught them serving beers in the small water cups, when some if us already had the normal 16oz or whatever they were . When asked , they argued, then finally admitted that they had run out of the larger cups . This was pregame. $9 for a 10oz beer ? No sir .

The killing stroke was this past Saturday. We were leaving our seats postgame and decided to hit one of the large elevators. On 3.. After waiting a while we realize that none of the three high-speed elevators were stopping on 3. They're going straight from 6 or 4 and hitting G and then back up again.

So I decided what the hell we'll go down the stairwell. Pitch black. You could see, but not very well and really it wasn't very safe at all particularly for older folks.

When we hit the ground floor, I caught one of the elevators open and walked over to the elevator operator and say "hey can you get the elevator to stop on three and can you get the lights turned on in the stairwells". He said "sorry I can't help you" and tried to close the door in my face. That didn't go very well, I stepped in and said find me an effing manager right now. Found one raised hell and went about my way. Little jackass.

Small stuff , but it's beginning to add up .

Reactions: RTM58 and noleone99
A couple of questions .

1. Is the jerk manager a short dude with dark hair? He's a prick .

2. Have you talked to Tracy Marple, the GM ? Do so.

We've had so many good times there, but some of the management decisions have baffled me.

First game, we caught them serving beers in the small water cups, when some if us already had the normal 16oz or whatever they were . When asked , they argued, then finally admitted that they had run out of the larger cups . This was pregame. $9 for a 10oz beer ? No sir .

The killing stroke was this past Saturday. We were leaving our seats postgame and decided to hit one of the large elevators. On 3.. After waiting a while we realize that none of the three high-speed elevators were stopping on 3. They're going straight from 6 or 4 and hitting G and then back up again.

So I decided what the hell we'll go down the stairwell. Pitch black. You could see, but not very well and really it wasn't very safe at all particularly for older folks.

When we hit the ground floor, I caught one of the elevators open and walked over to the elevator operator and say "hey can you get the elevator to stop on three and can you get the lights turned on in the stairwells". He said "sorry I can't help you" and tried to close the door in my face. That didn't go very well, I stepped in and said find me an effing manager right now. Found one raised hell and went about my way. Little jackass.

Small stuff , but it's beginning to add up .

Yep. Seems the service mentality is missing right now. I can imagine with so many new hires though, it's gonna take awhile to settle it down. I just wonder how the bartender made it through? Seems to be on a lot of folks radar and not for a good reason...

With the word getting out about the usual poor "UCC" type service and the results on the field, I would hate to be the one who's job it is to continue to sell CC Season Tickets. I've been waiting for Jam and/or Jerry to jump in and tell us that we have it all wrong, but since they have not, seems like their silence tells us the conversation here is spot on.

Reactions: ClayCountyNole
I think sales are fine, they are heading towards 60%. And to be honest, my game day experience for both CSU and UNC was a blast, it's the Friday night dinner that sucked.

I'll prob not be attending the Friday night deal for my other two games, Ill go spend $$$ elsewhere.

I've been a UCC member for about 10 years and every time I go in there I question the decision. My favorite is all the emails I get about specials and such and then when we go in there and mention them the staff have no idea what we are talking about. If it wasn't for football halftimes, I would have been gone.

Reactions: fsu89
I've been a UCC member for about 10 years and every time I go in there I question the decision. My favorite is all the emails I get about specials and such and then when we go in there and mention them the staff have no idea what we are talking about. If it wasn't for football halftimes, I would have been gone.

T-Nole, how was your experience at halftime on Saturday? The bar setup in the ballroom was terrible with each bartender handling more than one line. I eventually gave up after waiting 20 minutes and never receiving service.

T-Nole, how was your experience at halftime on Saturday? The bar setup in the ballroom was terrible with each bartender handling more than one line. I eventually gave up after waiting 20 minutes and never receiving service.

The bar in the ballroom had always been a nightmare at halftime for me... Generally allowed time to get up there and get two beers each, and then chug them to get back out to seat. I was thinking it may get better now with more people up at the 4 and 6th floors.

Ive been a UCC member for 2 years, and have eaten up there a lot, I have to say that was a horrible experience.

As always, I made reservations for 6pm, and we were one of the first 2 people to be sat outside. From 6pm, until 9pm, I managed to get 2 beers for myself, 1 for my wife, and we served ourselves dinner off the buffet. Our server would go AWOL for large blocks of time, which wasn't completely her fault because they started sitting people outside and the only two people working were the bartender and her, while they had tons of people outside. By 8pm or so, they finally shifted servers outside, but at that point it was too late.

Around 45 minutes with no drink service, I tracked my server down and she flat told me she could not keep up and it would be best if I got my beer from the bar. Well, I walked over there and stood for 10 minutes and watched the bartender serve people out of order. When I mentioned I had arrived before some of the other groups, he got pissy with me, so Ill be sending an note to the UCC over this.

I mean we pay to be members, to go up there and over-pay for food and drinks, if you want me to be honest, and then to see service like this. I hope this is not what the UCC will become by combining it with the Champ Club ticket holders, because that was piss poor.

All I heard all night was "we are understaffed and were not expecting this many people". Um, OK, it is UNC weekend and Parents Weekend, WTF did you think was gonna happen. Our server did not even bring us silver ware until we tracked her down to get that! I think they need to work on staffing, as well as training.
I experienced the same thing....absolutely horrible service and food. Won't be going back

The bar in the ballroom had always been a nightmare at halftime for me... Generally allowed time to get up there and get two beers each, and then chug them to get back out to seat. I was thinking it may get better now with more people up at the 4 and 6th floors.

Mobile, in my opinion, the service has taken a step back with the addition of 4th and 6th floor. Most likely it is a result of a staffing shortfall with the expansion. I see this trend to continue as the club seats sell (a good thing). Unfortunately, increasing attendance and an escalating ratio between server and member is not a formula for success.

Mobile, in my opinion, the service has taken a step back with the addition of 4th and 6th floor. Most likely it is a result of a staffing shortfall with the expansion. I see this trend to continue as the club seats sell (a good thing). Unfortunately, increasing attendance and an escalating ratio between server and member is not a formula for success.

I think when they added all the new staff, it's probably going to take time to weed out the problem areas and get them up to speed. I mean many of them you deal with are not informed. When I would hit the UCC last season, I always saw the same faces and they treated you very well, not the case right now.

We stood at the CC entrance gate and scanned in exactly at 11:30 saturday. The two ladies at the first wrist band tent told my wife and I they should not have let us in yet, it does not open until 12:30. I explained the 4th floor sports bar opens at 11:30, the terrace 13:30. She looked puzzled by my comment about the sports bar, and told me I was wrong. I then broke out the Champions Club email I had gotten Thu or Fri with the ENTIRE weekend schedule and times for the UCC and CC. She then said "well, we will check"... A couple of minutes later we were on the elevator to the 4th.

Now how can the ladies checking people in not know any of these, yet the scanners at the fence knew it opened at 11:30. The worse part of it all is, when you know you are in the right, some of these "youngsters" they have working get an attitude and treat you like a dumbass.

They need to rectify, because all of this costs a good bit of $$$. They will lose $$$ on the Friday night deal, and Ill start staying at MadSo longer and drinking for less $$$, vs heading over to the 4th floor when it opens to hang out...

The jerk bar manager looks like the undercover cop from Reservoir Dogs Tim Roth. You can't miss him. Very flamboyant, loud, just a total jerk. I've always been very respectful of people in the service industry as many of my college roommates worked as servers, but know your role. I am a very respectful and patient customer, but at the end of the day you are being paid to provide me a service. Don't need my ass kissed, just want to be treated with the same respect.

The jerk bar manager looks like the undercover cop from Reservoir Dogs Tim Roth. You can't miss him. Very flamboyant, loud, just a total jerk. I've always been very respectful of people in the service industry as many of my college roommates worked as servers, but know your role. I am a very respectful and patient customer, but at the end of the day you are being paid to provide me a service. Don't need my ass kissed, just want to be treated with the same respect.

That is him described perfectly, and his cute sunglasses he had on Friday night. Forrest is his name, I made sure I got it on Saturday when I cooled off. I'll be noting these issues in a letter this week.

Run Forrest Run!!!!!!

And Im with you. I give servers some leeway because I was a bartender during school, for about 3 years. But, I hate poor service or people that treat a paying customer like they should feel privileged for paying... Especially at about $8 a beer.

Ive been a UCC member for 2 years, and have eaten up there a lot, I have to say that was a horrible experience.

As always, I made reservations for 6pm, and we were one of the first 2 people to be sat outside. From 6pm, until 9pm, I managed to get 2 beers for myself, 1 for my wife, and we served ourselves dinner off the buffet. Our server would go AWOL for large blocks of time, which wasn't completely her fault because they started sitting people outside and the only two people working were the bartender and her, while they had tons of people outside. By 8pm or so, they finally shifted servers outside, but at that point it was too late.

Around 45 minutes with no drink service, I tracked my server down and she flat told me she could not keep up and it would be best if I got my beer from the bar. Well, I walked over there and stood for 10 minutes and watched the bartender serve people out of order. When I mentioned I had arrived before some of the other groups, he got pissy with me, so Ill be sending an note to the UCC over this.

I mean we pay to be members, to go up there and over-pay for food and drinks, if you want me to be honest, and then to see service like this. I hope this is not what the UCC will become by combining it with the Champ Club ticket holders, because that was piss poor.

All I heard all night was "we are understaffed and were not expecting this many people". Um, OK, it is UNC weekend and Parents Weekend, WTF did you think was gonna happen. Our server did not even bring us silver ware until we tracked her down to get that! I think they need to work on staffing, as well as training.

It was obvious they had no idea what to expect, no I am not talking about our defense.

Reactions: FlashFSU
I just logged in under my account and completed a food and beverage survey about Fri and Sat, and left my info. I'm sure after the novel I wrote at the end, someone will call, but we will see. I also pointed out their bartender issue.

I took a look at my account too, in the last 12 months I have spent $1800 with them...

Reactions: JMGNole

I didn't even try to get a drink. I couldn't tell where the "lines" started or stopped I went and got some water at the table against the wall. I knew it would get worse with the addition of the CC when I asked months ago how it would change the UCC and couldn't get a straight answer. UCC members are the step children now and I get it, but it should still be better than it is. I did think the addition of the CC would make the restaurant better, but from the posts above I see that might not be accurate.

I didn't even try to get a drink. I couldn't tell where the "lines" started or stopped I went and got some water at the table against the wall. I knew it would get worse with the addition of the CC when I asked months ago how it would change the UCC and couldn't get a straight answer. UCC members are the step children now and I get it, but it should still be better than it is. I did think the addition of the CC would make the restaurant better, but from the posts above I see that might not be accurate.

I totally agree and had the same concerns before the season. Our UCC membership has been devalued and will seriously consider cancelling my membership after the football season. I am one of the original members but the drop-off in service/benefits is too substantial to ignore.

Reactions: T-NOLE
I totally agree and had the same concerns before the season. Our UCC membership has been devalued and will seriously consider cancelling my membership after the football season. I am one of the original members but the drop-off in service/benefits is too substantial to ignore.

I was a member of the UCC many years ago -- last season was 2009. We quit for the same reasons relayed here--poor service, mediocre food, long waits, etc. And these complaints weren't limited to gameday experiences either. I tried to entertain clients up on the 6th floor only to end up embarrassed. When I complained to management, I would get excuses like, "well, we are staffed primarily with students" as if they were the only restaurant in town that used students for servers and bartenders. Definitely not worth the money--not even close.

When I heard about the champions club, I was willing to learn more to see if the experience might have improved enough for me to give it another look. Instead, it sounds like they just applied the poor service from the UCC to a larger audience.

-Neon

Its two different things really.

My game day experience (two so far) on the 6th floor terrace portion of the CC has been OUTSTANDING.

Now my UCC Friday experience sucked, compared to Friday's last season. And the 3rd floor ball room has been crowded awhile at halftime. Id say, since you get UCC access with the Champ Club tickets, paying to be a member is a waste IMO and I may not renew. I mean what is the point if I just want to go up on Game Day now?

The UCC food and service is down this year, even in skyboxes.

Sadly, I was overserved and I didn't notice the 20% until late in the game. :)

Oh well, it's only money........

A co-worker of mine who knows a lot of servers/bar tenders around town mentioned yesterday at lunch that a lot of them he knows worked the opening weekend and were not happy about it to say the least. Basically said they were screwed out of pay (tip money) and would never work the games again. He thought it had to do with the formula used to divide up the tip money, but wasn't sure. As busy as it was, as high as the prices were and those types factors, they were expecting good to great money for the day. The way it was explained to me, they didn't even receive okay money. What I took from the conversation was the good help is going to be hard to find and keep if they don't make some changes.
im sure that money was taxed and sent to the proper people ie gov

When I got home I had an email from the Champions Club group with another survey about the CC. So I answered the numbering system, and told them about Friday again in the comments at the end.

When I got home I had an email from the Champions Club group with another survey about the CC. So I answered the numbering system, and told them about Friday again in the comments at the end.

They know they have some serious operational problems. I am glad to see them trying to address them instead of pretending everything is fine (which, unfortunately, we have seen in other contexts).

I've been a UCC member for about 4 years now. Friday, I was up there eating lunch with my buddy who is also a member. I ordered a diet coke with the Buffet. Waiter came around mid way through lunch and asked if I wanted a refill, of course I did. Bill comes and it says two diet coke Reg price. Also, the guy forgot to split the bill and my buddies beer was on there, but no biggie. So, I ask him why I'm getting charged for two diet cokes and he then let's me know that club rules have changed and refills are no longer free. $6.50 for two diet cokes. I've never heard of non free refills unless it's out of a can. So, a buffet lunch, diet coke and one beer plus the 20% tip had me down for about a $33 dollar lunch! Also, I was told that the guest fee going from $15 to $25 on game day was for the "integrity of the club" I just kind of laughed, there is nothing exclusive about the place.

I've been a UCC member for about 4 years now. Friday, I was up there eating lunch with my buddy who is also a member. I ordered a diet coke with the Buffet. Waiter came around mid way through lunch and asked if I wanted a refill, of course I did. Bill comes and it says two diet coke Reg price. Also, the guy forgot to split the bill and my buddies beer was on there, but no biggie. So, I ask him why I'm getting charged for two diet cokes and he then let's me know that club rules have changed and refills are no longer free. $6.50 for two diet cokes. I've never heard of non free refills unless it's out of a can. So, a buffet lunch, diet coke and one beer plus the 20% tip had me down for about a $33 dollar lunch! Also, I was told that the guest fee going from $15 to $25 on game day was for the "integrity of the club" I just kind of laughed, there is nothing exclusive about the place.

I sure hope that is not the case and they are now charging for refills at an inflated rate. The rationale for charging $3.25 for a soda is a price adjustment for refills. At minimum, the server should have forewarned you that you would be charged full price for the additional ice loaded small glass of soda.

I would say it is a work in progress.... The boosters will get this right...

Before the season I spoke with my booster rep since I was a former UCC member... No benefit in keeping my membership since I am out of town member and I am a CC ticket holder....

The sports bar area ran out of beer Saturday.... All except for Yingling... That happened in the 3rd Qtr... They blamed Budweiser... Said they didn't bring them enough.... Sorry how can you not order enough beer for a big game??? What is going to happen to when Clemson or UF?

Next they cut off food before halftime.... and it is basically ball park food on the Sports Bar side... Not that great.... The lines for the buffet on the Country Club side were so long it wasn't even worth considering.... Honestly felt like Golden Corral.... They need to make more stations for food in my opinion on both sides and not go to desserts at Halftime... Also need more seating areas in the Sports bar area...

It may be better upstairs next game and I am going to give it a shot up there... But I am worried how things will run when we sell it out.... It is crowded already.... lines are slow to get into the stadium due to ID checks... I am worried they need more common space to accommodate 6k seats.

Had great service so far in games but haven't tried Friday night at all.... We wanted to stay for the Clemson game but when they ran out of beer that sealed the deal for us.

Had great service so far in games but haven't tried Friday night at all.... We wanted to stay for the Clemson game but when they ran out of beer that sealed the deal for us.

It wouldn't have mattered. Damn fire alarm went off and everyone was forced to evacuate. Not exactly the ending to my CC weekend I was hoping for.

I would say it is a work in progress.... The boosters will get this right....

I hope you are right Clay but I have my doubts. They have already made many of us longtime UCC members feel like second class citizens. I understand the financial magnitude of the club seat addition but please don't devalue the UCC members who support the club year round.

I hope you are right Clay but I have my doubts. They have already made many of us longtime UCC members feel like second class citizens. I understand the financial magnitude of the club seat addition but please don't devalue the UCC members who support the club year round.

One thing to keep in mind is, and I agree with how you would feel, a lot of what negatively effects your UCC experience will do the same to club seat owners. That can't sustain. I mean I am a member of both currently and see they need work.

The actual servers claim that they get no part of the pre-billed 20% tip. They claim that amount goes to the dudes behind the scenes. They were pretty vocal about their unhappiness about the situation. I have no idea who is right or wrong, but do I need to be duking people 35-40% for slow/crappy service????

The math is also henke. I saw some receipts where 20% was actually 25 and some where it was closer to ten when you did the math. Just a heads up, this was happening last year too.

One thing to keep in mind is, and I agree with how you would feel, a lot of what negatively effects your UCC experience will do the same to club seat owners. That can't sustain. I mean I am a member of both currently and see they need work.

Thanks Mobile and hopefully they will take this as constructive criticism and tweak their processes. I have been a member since inception in the 90's and would be very disappointed if I had to terminate my membership.

I believe you stated earlier in this thread, there are other local establishments that would gratefully welcome us that are more reasonably priced. Now charging $3.25 for each soda and no refills is unacceptable. Are we now going to have to scrutinize our soda consumption during dinner so the cost of soda does not add up and total more than the meal itself? The kids will love that!

I sure hope that is not the case and they are now charging for refills at an inflated rate. The rationale for charging $3.25 for a soda is a price adjustment for refills. At minimum, the server should have forewarned you that you would be charged full price for the additional ice loaded small glass of soda.
I agree. Over the years I've been to a ton of establishments that let you know that before you order. I laughed when he told me, because I honestly thought he was kidding.

I agree. Over the years I've been to a ton of establishments that let you know that before you order. I laughed when he told me, because I honestly thought he was kidding.

It definitely makes me wonder if the cutbacks in the UCC in a small way, is to offset the club seat addition. Granted, charging for refills is not a huge revenue generator in the grand scheme, but every little bit helps. On the flip side, it sure has a big impact on the bill for a family trying to enjoy a family outing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT