ADVERTISEMENT

Are most bars and restaurants in Tally open?

Most bars and lounges reopened in July under guidelines. Now what I’m wondering since the students have returned are police or deputies in overtime mode keeping all the guidelines complied with.

Reactions: OldFloridaSeminole
I follow Madso, CP and Fermentation Lounge. All open.

Madso is open but I thought Fermentation is only open for take out for limited hours. Bars (defined as 50% or more sales derived from alcohol) are still closed in FL I thought??? I'm pretty sure all the ones that don't serve food and can't finagle the numbers (Poor Paul's, Bullwinkles, etc.) are closed or just doing limited take out.

Thursday evening driving by the stadium:
CFA1-CB36-E8-A9-42-A4-B3-C1-D8-B6-FE84-BEEF.jpg

Alot are open, also a good bit did not make it and shut down completely sadly like spear it and Mellow Mushroom.

Loved the bands at 5th and Thomas, sad to hear.
That’s a great location and I hope something will replace those establishments soon.
It leaves a huge void for the +25 year old crowd. Hopefully Ed Murray and Talcor will be on it to fill those spots at the Manor.

The usual spots in College Town, and other places like Corner Pocket or the Hobbit? I would imagine some have not re-opened.
I love all of those places. Playing darts is quite cool when you have an opponent that challenges you, too. I just love they have more bathrooms, too.

That’s a great location and I hope something will replace those establishments soon.
That was very cool place the last time I was there.
"There's a whole lot of shakin' going on."
Jerry Lee Lewis

Fermentation has been advertising service industry night and drink specials, so I assumed they were open. Proof is also open.

BTW, what dumbass moved this to the Locker Room? We talk about all kinds Tally events on the TC forum that do not get moved. I mean there is a thread about the Big 10 losing 130 mil, but yet some senile mod moves this?

Terry, is that you?
***spits drink out on screen***
I don't know but I got one of "those" messages telling me I'd started it in the wrong place. :cool:

I can speak for our places in CollegeTown and Madison Social, Township, and Centrale are all open and doing fairly well considering the current climate.

In March we consolidated all labor we could into Madison Social and stay the course with just MadSo open until May 11 when we opened Township. The weekend before Father's Day Madison Social was very close to YOY numbers for the summer but then cases mounted in FL and Leon County, the mask mandate was made, and sales sank. We started seeing an increase and then because of the way move in happened in Tallahassee (staggered versus all in one weekend) it helped A TON giving us two straight weeks of great sales. We had no idea what to expect with Centrale and we ended up doing what the month's projection (technically half a month since we opened August 13) was in five days.

Whoever mentioned compliance-- every is basically self monitoring. There are some checks here and there but they mainly look for people in a true bar setting, over capacity, and table spacing/seating. There is a lot of misunderstanding about the laws and people assume while driving by things are "crowded" when in essence the table spacing and number of people at a table (no more than 10) is compliant. The masks are a whole other issues to mandate and enforce (which is on the business)-- especially with people living in counties with no mask mandate and not understanding local law.

It is tough, but we are doing the best we can. We did implement a 2% COVID charge in each check to help cover all the extra costs associated with managing-- chemicals, supplies, and most of all labor. We have to have people on staff walking around just to keep people at tables and having their mask on.

That is about all-- happy to answer any questions.

I can speak for our places in CollegeTown and Madison Social, Township, and Centrale are all open and doing fairly well considering the current climate.

In March we consolidated all labor we could into Madison Social and stay the course with just MadSo open until May 11 when we opened Township. The weekend before Father's Day Madison Social was very close to YOY numbers for the summer but then cases mounted in FL and Leon County, the mask mandate was made, and sales sank. We started seeing an increase and then because of the way move in happened in Tallahassee (staggered versus all in one weekend) it helped A TON giving us two straight weeks of great sales. We had no idea what to expect with Centrale and we ended up doing what the month's projection (technically half a month since we opened August 13) was in five days.

Whoever mentioned compliance-- every is basically self monitoring. There are some checks here and there but they mainly look for people in a true bar setting, over capacity, and table spacing/seating. There is a lot of misunderstanding about the laws and people assume while driving by things are "crowded" when in essence the table spacing and number of people at a table (no more than 10) is compliant. The masks are a whole other issues to mandate and enforce (which is on the business)-- especially with people living in counties with no mask mandate and not understanding local law.

It is tough, but we are doing the best we can. We did implement a 2% COVID charge in each check to help cover all the extra costs associated with managing-- chemicals, supplies, and most of all labor. We have to have people on staff walking around just to keep people at tables and having their mask on.

With the margins for restaurants I am happy to hear you are making it. Any word on 51 on Madison?

Reactions: noleforever95
***spits drink out on screen***
I don't know but I got one of "those" messages telling me I'd started it in the wrong place. :cool:
I was scolded on hijacking a thread myself. I'm not even sure what that means. Don't Worry! Be Happy! :)

The usual spots in College Town, and other places like Corner Pocket or the Hobbit? I would imagine some have not re-opened.
Wondering how to social distance on a bar stool....:eek:
I guess fireball friskiness is not allowed.

That place was rockin' the last time I was in there.

The Social Worker t-shirt is a real babe magnet over here in Bama............:eek: Doing it on the Line...
Fla/Bama Lounge
Kenny "The Snake" Stabler

Reactions: MadisonSocial
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT