ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2018

I know I’m biased, but Acuña has to win ROY, right? Neither Soto or Buehler are bad, but I feel like Acuña was just better.
I don't see them giving it to a pitcher when there are quality everyday players up for the award. Soto had a great year but it seems the main reason he's being promoted for ROTY is his age. What some aren't understanding is that Acuña is just a year older.

Viz is 28 years old. I would guess he should be fine to pitch all next season.

His age won't matter if his shoulder is unstable.

Modern surgery + youth lessens the risk to some extent. I wasn't familiar with what all he had done on his shoulder. Is him coming back to full form a question or just a potential concern posed by the writer? He came back from TJ surgery earlier in his career.

Last edited:
Hate to lose thos

Modern surgery + youth lessens the risk to some extent. I wasn't familiar with what all he had done on his shoulder. Is he coming back to full form a question or just a potential concern posed by the writer? He came back from TJ surgery earlier in his career.
He was on the DL for over 2 months because of his right shoulder. I would have to think the physics behind throwing 100mph is not favorable to the human anatomy.

He was on the DL for over 2 months because of his right shoulder. I would have to think the physics behind throwing 100mph is not favorable to the human anatomy.

So you would trade him? Are there many options out there for 5 million a year we are currently paying Viz?

I agree you don't want to spend money on a player that is not playing but the Braves need to improve their pitching in 2019. They have one of the lower payrolls (bottom four) in MLB and until there are clearly better choices, I would hold on to Viz. That doesn't mean Minter might not improve but he was shaky out there last season and there wasn't a lot of help either when they would try various other players.

I agree you don't want to spend money on a player that is not playing but the Braves need to improve their pitching in 2019. They have one of the lower payrolls (bottom four) in MLB and until there are clearly better choices, I would hold on to Viz. That doesn't mean Minter might not improve but he was shaky out there last season and there wasn't a lot of help either when they would try various other players.
At $5mil he's a bargain for a closer if he can stay off the DL. I would love for his shoulder to not be an issue next year. That said, he needs to be more consistent in the strike zone.

Braves just signed Josh Donaldson and Brian McCann to one year deals.
giphy.gif

Any thoughts on the Phillies' acquisition of Bryce Harper?

No idea but Joe Simpson's man crush with Bryce is nauseating. I'm sure he will be the "only" topic on Joe's mind and out his mouth every time we play Philly.

The Phillies went out and made trades and spent money this off season for sure. Added Segura, McCutchen, Harper, Realmuto, Robertson. They have a solid looking group

Reactions: JonScott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT