ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2018

I was nervous. I had someone come into the office and I wanted to tell her to shut her face, I was trying to hit refresh every 10 seconds in the 9th. Let's split this weekend.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
They're not cooperating.
No they did not.

One thing I think helps Atlanta outside of getting them 7 games, they play 4 at Colorado. Not saying the Mets will lay down for the Braves next week, but Colorado is battling for their playoff lives as well and will bring it next week.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
No they did not.

One thing I think helps Atlanta outside of getting them 7 games, they play 4 at Colorado. Not saying the Mets will lay down for the Braves next week, but Colorado is battling for their playoff lives as well and will bring it next week.
True. Colorado is in the same position as the Cardinals.

I sent my son to school today in his "Kids Run the Bases" Braves shirt he got from earlier this season at SunTrust. I see it as good luck. They win tonight, I may have to send him in the shirt until the season is over.

I sent my son to school today in his "Kids Run the Bases" Braves shirt he got from earlier this season at SunTrust. I see it as good luck. They win tonight, I may have to send him in the shirt until the season is over.
Heck yeah! Bring it on home.

2016-cardinals-2006-world-series-replica-trophy-2.gif

This weekend will help set stage for October
Sox, Tribe meet in potential playoff preview; Braves, Astros closing in on celebrations

2. I want to see you be Brave: The Braves and Phillies entered this year high on upside but low on real expectations. The NL East was supposed to be the Nationals' domain, and, well, no sense rehashing what happened there.

The point is, the unexpected emergence of these two young clubs became one of the season's most fun storylines. And whether one or both would prove to have late-season staying power was, around the midpoint of the season, one of the biggest questions.

We have the answer to that question now. The Braves rose to the occasion, while the Phils faded (or is it phaded?). Ronald Acuna Jr. ignited the top of the order, Alex Anthopoulos made some wily pitching acquisitions, and Atlanta took over first place from Philadelphia -- seemingly for good -- on Aug. 13.

So it's only appropriate that the Braves have a chance to finish off the Phillies with a direct hit this weekend. With the magic number whittled down to four, a champagne celebration awaits Atlanta if it can win just two of the remaining three games in this weekend's four-game set (even though Acuna is actually still too young to even purchase champagne).

With the Braves' first division title since 2013 in sight, it's Julio Teheran opposite Nick Pivetta tonight (7:35 p.m. ET, SunTrust Park).

https://www.mlb.com/news/weekend-slate-helps-set-mlb-postseason-stage/c-295385074?tid=267975498

Reactions: NoleLizards
This weekend will help set stage for October
Sox, Tribe meet in potential playoff preview; Braves, Astros closing in on celebrations

2. I want to see you be Brave: The Braves and Phillies entered this year high on upside but low on real expectations. The NL East was supposed to be the Nationals' domain, and, well, no sense rehashing what happened there.

The point is, the unexpected emergence of these two young clubs became one of the season's most fun storylines. And whether one or both would prove to have late-season staying power was, around the midpoint of the season, one of the biggest questions.

We have the answer to that question now. The Braves rose to the occasion, while the Phils faded (or is it phaded?). Ronald Acuna Jr. ignited the top of the order, Alex Anthopoulos made some wily pitching acquisitions, and Atlanta took over first place from Philadelphia -- seemingly for good -- on Aug. 13.

So it's only appropriate that the Braves have a chance to finish off the Phillies with a direct hit this weekend. With the magic number whittled down to four, a champagne celebration awaits Atlanta if it can win just two of the remaining three games in this weekend's four-game set (even though Acuna is actually still too young to even purchase champagne).

With the Braves' first division title since 2013 in sight, it's Julio Teheran opposite Nick Pivetta tonight (7:35 p.m. ET, SunTrust Park).

https://www.mlb.com/news/weekend-slate-helps-set-mlb-postseason-stage/c-295385074?tid=267975498
Unfortunately, I don't see it in the TV listings tonight.

I'm afraid the bullpen may have uncorked some champagne early....

When Snitker replaced Fredi Gonzalez as Atlanta's manager a little more than a month into the 2016 season, he was viewed as the loyal organizational coach who would likely be re-assigned by the end of the season. A little more than two years later, he's a National League Manager of the Year candidate thanks to the ascension of players like Mike Foltynewicz, who is heading toward the playoffs looking like a legit front-line starter.

"You sit back sometimes and wonder what this is going to feel like," Snitker said. "When I was here as a third-base coach and we won the division or the Wild Card, it was great. You wonder as a manager how it would feel, and it's even better than I had anticipated."

https://www.mlb.com/news/braves-capture-nl-east-title/c-295623768

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT