ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

Not sure how Elder made it 4 1/3 innings and only gave up two runs.

I have a suggestion for the Braves … move Swanson to tenth in the batting order and Dickerson to eleventh.
Hopefully Dansby will get hot for a couple of weeks at some point during the season.

Acuna hit one off the top of the wall in his first rehab start last night. Says he's "better than he was before".

Acuna hit one off the top of the wall in his first rehab start last night. Says he's "better than he was before".

Let’s hope so … the Braves need some productive bats in their lineup.

Reactions: NoleLizards
In yesterday's game Atlanta started four guys hitting below .200. And they sent Dickerson (.048) to pinch hit for Heredia (.188). I know its early but ... ugh!

I am guessing that Dickerson will not be in the starting lineup when his batting average drops into the .030’s, which will be in the next at bat or two. What does Snitker see in him?

I am guessing that Dickerson will not be in the starting lineup when his batting average drops into the .030’s, which will be in the next at bat or two. What does Snitker see in him?
He must think he's "due".

Welcome back to the club, Travis Demeritte! Unpack your bags and stay a while!

I missed what the guys were saying about Eddie having surgery. What happened?

Welcome back to the club, Travis Demeritte! Unpack your bags and stay a while!

I missed what the guys were saying about Eddie having surgery. What happened?
Some sort of eye surgery ...

I'm trying to be more patient with this team after complaining all last season only to see them win it all. But this season sure gets frustrating at times. We have a DH who can not hit (actually got one last night!), and a DH playing LF, a LF playing CF and a blind guy playing RF. There is not a single player who can currently step up and play LF in the entire Braves organization? Last night we have yet another play where Ozuna catches a line drive in mid OF and doesn't even attempt to make a play at home with the runner tagging up. We are gifting the other team runs every time that situation pops up which seems to be every 3rd or 4th game. I don't get it. The good thing is we have help coming and hopefully Eddie's surgery will be a success and this mess of a an OF can get corrected soon.

I'm trying to be more patient with this team after complaining all last season only to see them win it all. But this season sure gets frustrating at times. We have a DH who can not hit (actually got one last night!), and a DH playing LF, a LF playing CF and a blind guy playing RF. There is not a single player who can currently step up and play LF in the entire Braves organization? Last night we have yet another play where Ozuna catches a line drive in mid OF and doesn't even attempt to make a play at home with the runner tagging up. We are gifting the other team runs every time that situation pops up which seems to be every 3rd or 4th game. I don't get it. The good thing is we have help coming and hopefully Eddie's surgery will be a success and this mess of a an OF can get corrected soon.
Playing Ozuna in the outfield at all makes no sense. The same goes for having Dickerson in the lineup as the DH. With Dickerson in the lineup the Braves have four batters hitting less than .200 and Dickerson not even breaking .100. And for Morton, he has the arm To be a dominating pitcher if he can get out of the first four innings without digging himself a deep hole, which, however, he repeatedly does. … What help is on the way?

acuna-ronald.gif

• Love
Acuna is with the Braves for tonight's game with the Cubs ... will bat leadoff.

Curious statement in the AJC about Dickerson ... "In activating Acuña, the Braves lost Dickerson. This means Guillermo Heredia and Travis Demeritte are their backup outfielders. Dickerson was 4-for-33 with a home run, but probably hit some balls harder than the results showed."

What is that supposed to mean? MPH off the bat? So he hit it hard for an out ... I feel better knowing that.

Last edited:
Morton with another horrendous outing … walks, hit batter and 55 pitches in just two innings. Mets 4-1 over the Braves in the bottom of the second.

I’ll say this for Heredia … he strikes out well.
Finally had a chance against Tom Seaver or whoever this guy is with a runner at 3rd with one out, and the Braves squander the opportunity.

After the first five innings I was inclined to think this year’s Brave team was just boring.

Getting our butts kicked by the Brewers this evening is causing me to down many beers. 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: SoddyNole
This team has to be on pace to smash the record for batting into double plays.

Not concerned just yet. Figured the first month wouldn’t be good with a shortened spring and World Series hangover.

Fried, Wright and Anderson have been solid. Strider looks like a promising #5. Morton started slow last year before finding his groove in June. Shortened spring training seems to have affected Morton.

What is troubling is Duvall and Ozuna are automatic outs and not even putting competitive at bats together. Matzek has the yips or is still hungover from the World Series.

Ozzie is slumping but at least making solid contact at times. Dansby is streaky and Acuna is still trying to find his footing after being out for 11 months.

Cant get in too big of hole or this Mets team will be hard to catch.

This team has to be on pace to smash the record for batting into double plays.

Not concerned just yet. Figured the first month wouldn’t be good with a shortened spring and World Series hangover.

Fried, Wright and Anderson have been solid. Strider looks like a promising #5. Morton started slow last year before finding his groove in June. Shortened spring training seems to have affected Morton.

What is troubling is Duvall and Ozuna are automatic outs and not even putting competitive at bats together. Matzek has the yips or is still hungover from the World Series.

Ozzie is slumping but at least making solid contact at times. Dansby is streaky and Acuna is still trying to find his footing after being out for 11 months.

Cant get in too big of hole or this Mets team will be hard to catch.
Matzek didn't have his stuff last night but I don't recall him pitching too bad this season. Kyle Wright has really improved so far this season and a welcomed surprise. Hopefully he has turned the corner because you have to wonder what kind of pitcher you have now when Soroka comes back after All Star break.

Matzek didn't have his stuff last night but I don't recall him pitching too bad this season. Kyle Wright has really improved so far this season and a welcomed surprise. Hopefully he has turned the corner because you have to wonder what kind of pitcher you have now when Soroka comes back after All Star break.
Command issues the last couple of pursing with Matzek. He got the yips last year during June (bases loaded walk at Pittsburgh) then came back unhittable about a month later

Reactions: SoddyNole
Beat by some guys just called up from AAA. They're going to cause me to go to AA. 🥴

Putting the bat on the ball and good things can happen. Atlanta leading MLB in strikeouts per game has to stop and it appears the team is putting some effort in getting this corrected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT