ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

I don't think I've watched a game where he's pitched well yet this year.
Morton is maddeningly inconsistent ... at times he looks like one of the most dominating pitchers in MLB. And at other times he struggles just to get to the fifth inning.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
I’ll take the blame, my last 6 trips to Atlanta have been 2 FSU football losses and 4 Braves losses. First time in the new stadium today.

Toronto drubs Boston 28-5!! Tied for third-most runs given up in MLB history ... Until I saw this list I had completely forgotten about the Braves thrashing of Miami 29-9.

Team Opponent Score Date
Rangers Orioles 30-3 Aug. 22, 2007
Braves Marlins 29-9 Sept. 9, 2020
White Sox Athletics 29-6 April 23, 1955
Red Sox Browns 29-4 June 8, 1950
Blue Jays Red Sox 28-5 July 22, 2022
Cardinals Phillies 28-6 July 6, 1929
Cleveland Red Sox 27-3 July 7, 1923

If I remember correctly, the Braves got a late two run HR off a fielder pitching for the Marlins. I'm sure both teams were ready to go home by then but the stat counts. 🤣

Anybody have any info on Mike Soroka's status?? All I can find is that he had some kind of "setback" during his rehab. I'm unable to ascertain whether or not he's going to be able to return this season and be a factor at all.

Anybody have any info on Mike Soroka's status?? All I can find is that he had some kind of "setback" during his rehab. I'm unable to ascertain whether or not he's going to be able to return this season and be a factor at all.
The last I heard, in an interview with Soroka shortly before the All Star break, he expected to be back in the second half of the season.

Last I heard he took a comeback shot off his knee in BP. Wasn't too serious but I bet everyone freaked out at the time. He still hasn't started pitching in the minors yet and they were wanting him to get extensive work at that level before he returns to the majors. Maybe by September he returns? Hard to say until he starts pitching again and working his way back.

Mets gonna Met

Don’t think we soroka before September, mentioned above he hasn’t started a rehab assignment yet. I think the best we can hope for is he is a bullpen arm.

On the plus side, Kirby Yates has looked good in two appearances , albeit against rookie league batters.

Organization has been pretty mum on Albies.

• Sad
Reactions: seminoleed
Toronto drubs Boston 28-5!! Tied for third-most runs given up in MLB history ... Until I saw this list I had completely forgotten about the Braves thrashing of Miami 29-9.

Team Opponent Score Date
Rangers Orioles 30-3 Aug. 22, 2007
Braves Marlins 29-9 Sept. 9, 2020
White Sox Athletics 29-6 April 23, 1955
Red Sox Browns 29-4 June 8, 1950
Blue Jays Red Sox 28-5 July 22, 2022
Cardinals Phillies 28-6 July 6, 1929
Cleveland Red Sox 27-3 July 7, 1923
Looks like the Braves might wind up on the short end of such a score today. 😡

• Angry
Reactions: SoddyNole
On Anderson, you can’t keep trotting him out there to burn the bullpen every 5 days. At this point they need to send him down and try to get right in Gwinnett. Bring back Mueller or Ynoa for a couples starts. Or try and have Mcugh throw in his spot as a opener. Doesn’t seem like Soroka is coming back this year.

With Duvall out for the year AA is really gonna get tested after being great at the deadline in 2021 and 2019.

Need a backend starter, a outfield bat and depending on Albies’ status, maybe a infield bat.

On Anderson, you can’t keep trotting him out there to burn the bullpen every 5 days. At this point they need to send him down and try to get right in Gwinnett. Bring back Mueller or Ynoa for a couples starts. Or try and have Mcugh throw in his spot as a opener. Doesn’t seem like Soroka is coming back this year.

With Duvall out for the year AA is really gonna get tested after being great at the deadline in 2021 and 2019.

Need a backend starter, a outfield bat and depending on Albies’ status, maybe a infield bat.
Juan Soto anyone?? 😁

Anyone else not particularly impressed with Olson’s play at first?

Getting used to winning is a good thing and time to stop this 2 game losing streak. I fell asleep with the TV on prior to the HR and woke up to the sound of Phillies win, ugh.

• Sad
Glad the Braves won last night but I cannot watch when Smith comes in to close out the game ... I turned the channel for the bottom of the ninth and when I checked back in Smith had worked his magic and the score was 6-3. Gives up a walk after a home run and Snitker had seen enough. Has he had a clean inning in relief lately?

Smith had a clean inning Sunday against the Angels. But dude can’t get anyone out consistently that’s any good.

Only positive is that he hasn’t been in any high leverage situations since Jansen came off the IL.

Speaking of Jansen I had not payed attention until last night when he was giving high fives how huge that guy is. He was making the other players look like they were in middle school. The internet says he is 6'5" 265lbs. I'm not so sure he isn't 6'7" 300+. I want to see a side by side picture with Ozzie. 🤣

A little concerning that against teams with a pulse we have lost two of three … to the Mets at home and to Philly on the road.

Acuna has not been very productive and I am amazed that the Braves cannot do any better at dh than Mike Ford.

• Sad
Any news/rumors about any trades or acquisitions for the Braves.

I keep seeing Brandon Drury's name come up. Maybe a starting pitcher if you can get one? Ian Anderson has struggled and Soroka still hasn't began his 30 day rehab assignment. AA did had the Midas touch in bringing in players last season and maybe he can repeat that success or luck again.

Last edited:
I keep seeing Brandon Drury's name come up. Maybe a starting pitcher if you can get one? Ian Anderson has struggled and Soroka still hasn't began his 30 day rehab assignment. AA did had the Midas touch in bringing in players last season and maybe he can repeat that success or luck again.
Rival execs report that the Braves are looking for a right-handed hitter to effectively replace Adam Duvall on their roster. Some of the possible options: Ian Happ (a switch-hitter who is hitting .346 vs. lefties), Ramon Laureano, hitting .262 vs. lefties and Rob Refsnyder, who is mashing .422 against lefties in 50 plate appearances this year.

I keep seeing Brandon Drury's name come up. Maybe a starting pitcher if you can get one? Ian Anderson has struggled and Soroka still hasn't began his 30 day rehab assignment. AA did had the midus touch in bringing in players last season and maybe he can repeat that success or luck again.
Frankie Montas would be a nice addition to the rotation.

D'Arnaud hit cleanup last night.
Moving Riley to the 3 slot worked out very well ... If Dansby had not gotten picked off attempting to steal second Riley would have had four rbi's ... I like him in the 3 spot much better than Olson.

Moving Riley to the 3 slot worked out very well ... If Dansby had not gotten picked off attempting to steal second Riley would have had four rbi's ... I like him in the 3 spot much better than Olson.
Just thinking that Matt might be moved up to 4th.

On another note, it's a bit depressing that even Alacantra couldn't beat the Mets last night...despite being staked to a three run lead following the first inning.

Reactions: JonScott
ADVERTISEMENT