ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

He has struggled at the plate in the past but has seemed to figure some things out and is showing a lot of potential now.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Still have faith in the lineup. Will be hard to catch the Mets, but still expecting a playoff appearance.

There are some nights they can’t do anything right which is frustrating.

Bullpen has to get figured out. Matzek on the IL, Jansen has the yips, Will Smith is shaky and everyone else is a lot of meh.

The Mets finally lost a game! The Bravos are in 2nd place and only 8 games back. Hopefully Atlanta can make up some more ground during this stretch against sub .500 teams.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Still have faith in the lineup. Will be hard to catch the Mets, but still expecting a playoff appearance.

There are some nights they can’t do anything right which is frustrating.

Bullpen has to get figured out. Matzek on the IL, Jansen has the yips, Will Smith is shaky and everyone else is a lot of meh.
I would love to see Strider with his accuracy and explosive FB to be our closer. I know they are trying to make him a starter but he doesn't seem to be as effective stacking innings as he does coming in a mowing down 3 batters when you need it most.

Is it too early to think about at the Brave's longest win streak (15 in 2000) ? 🤣

Braves are on some kind of streak and Mets looking to lose tonight!

That was very odd. Must be something similar to a stress fracture, I guess? Very glad it wasn't the knee, I was thinking MCL/ACL tear.
Only 4 games back! And today is a rest/travel day. The first game back from an off day is always iffy. Have to maintain 'Ol Mo!

Well, the winning streak ends with a whimper. The Braves waste a stellar start by Morton and lose 1-0.

• Sad
Reactions: seminoleed
It’s hard to complain about a team that’s won 14/15……But Ozuna is a huge liability, doesn’t have great at bats, doesn’t have smart at bats, will run into one occasionally but a huge liability. At least when Duvall struggles he is a plus defender. Can’t move Ozuna either due to a huge contract. When Ozzie and Rosario get back maybe they take some of his at bats.

team will only get better with Yates, Soroka, Rosario and Albies in the mix.

Last edited:
Braves bats have been very productive of late ... Swanson's in particular. Harris has been a notable addition to the starting lineup. It's amazing watching players like Harris, Albies and Acuna making plays in the field and on the base path ... so much speed.

On another note: Chip Caray often makes the strange statement ... "he's [Braves' batter] not afraid to take a walk." Why would anyone be afraid to take a walk??? Getting on base is the whole point. And last night he said ... "he's not afraid to swing with two strikes." ???

Only 1.5GB now. A nice 3 game series starts tonight. Time for the Braves to show the stinkin' Mets they mean business!
Heckuva pitching matchup tonight... Fried vs Scherzer in the battle of the Maxes. Can't wait!

Reactions: SoddyNole
Look guys... I've been as thrilled as anyone about how Atlanta's looked since Memorial Day, but there's a reason I've been keeping my big mouth shut. Won't be hearing anything else positive from me until and unless the Braves have built up a ten game lead in September. 😉

Max Fried did not have his best outing ... the Braves were fortunate to be down by only 2 when he was pulled. Scherzer was outstanding ... tough loss but two more games to go. Olson has been disappointing at the plate. Struck out three times against Scherzer ... the first two times he struck out he never made any contact with the ball. Cano had a good night.

Strider starts tonight. He has been a big surprise so far this season. If the team gave him any run support he'd have seven or eight wins. I did not know anything about Strider prior to this and was surprised to discover he pitched for Clemson. Don't remember anything about him from his days in the ACC.

Look guys... I've been as thrilled as anyone about how Atlanta's looked since Memorial Day, but there's a reason I've been keeping my big mouth shut. Won't be hearing anything else positive from me until and unless the Braves have built up a ten game lead in September. 😉
LOL! We should run an experiment over the next ten games ... you making positive posts ... and come to some scientific conclusions on the "NoleLizards effect".

I did not remember Strider at Clemson either but he had some injury issues while there. I don't watch a lot of college baseball and typically see FSU play a quarter of their games. This season I got too frustrated with the program to watch but a handful of games.

I looked up Mike Soroka and apparently he was hit in the knee with a comebacker during BP last week. Luckily it did not do any more damage than bruising. They will most likely put him on a 30 day minor league rehab (at some time?) before coming back. One has to wonder after all this time how effective he will be and if he is able to return to the majors this season.

• Sad
I did not remember Strider at Clemson either but he had some injury issues while there. I don't watch a lot of college baseball and typically see FSU play a quarter of their games. This season I got too frustrated with the program to watch but a handful of games.

I looked up Mike Soroka and apparently he was hit in the knee with a comebacker during BP last week. Luckily it did not do any more damage than bruising. They will most likely put him on a 30 day minor league rehab (at some time?) before coming back. One has to wonder after all this time how effective he will be and if he is able to return to the majors this season.
I think we see him in the majors but not as a starter, probably comes up mid august.

Will be interesting to see how they handle Strider’s work load down the stretch.

Rubber game's looking iffy for tomorrow. Forecast calls for thundershowers all afternoon.

• Angry
Reactions: seminoleed
I don't think I've watched a game where he's pitched well yet this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT