ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

Ozuna was doing 90mph in a 35mph zone. Technically that's a felony. And if he was on something then I think he's in some serious trouble here. But we'll see.

The cop said he was in a 45 MPH zone and had to go over 80 to catch him. Ironically they did not charge him for speeding and thought that was odd. I was telling my wife this story and mentioned him having so much cash in his pocket. She immediately ask if he was going to a strip club. That had never crossed my mind and guess I'm getting old even though going to strip clubs was never my thing in my youth. 🤣 I was always too cheap and suspect they don't take loose change at those places.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Soroka pitching in Gwinnett today, didn’t think he would throw meaningful innings this year but seems the Braves thought enough of his stuff to fast track him. If him or Anderson can get right that makes for a nasty rotation.

As for Ozuna, I don’t think he get suspended over the DUI. I think he plays out the string and is left off the postseason roster, then released in the off-season. It’s a lot of money to eat but he’s gotta go.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Grissom once Albies comes back. If he’s still tearing it up he’ll stay with the big club. Maybe see some starts in LF and DH. Some spot starts in the infield to let the main guys get a break some.

Lee has a knack for coming in in relief in a tie game and giving up two runs. Second day in a row …

• Sad
As for Ozuna, I don’t think he get suspended over the DUI. I think he plays out the string and is left off the postseason roster, then released in the off-season. It’s a lot of money to eat but he’s gotta go.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Grissom once Albies comes back. If he’s still tearing it up he’ll stay with the big club. Maybe see some starts in LF and DH. Some spot starts in the infield to let the main guys get a break some.
He’s had one very good season and two mediocre seasons. What’s he being paid, 15+ million a year?

Reactions: seminoleed
...And of course the Mets have fought back first from a four run deficit and now a three run to tie the fillies.

• Angry
Reactions: seminoleed
Looking over the rest of the schedule for the Braves and the Mets … the Braves have a slightly easier road than the Mets do with nine upper tier games vs the Mets 13. But it’s baseball …

phillies are habitual underachievers with their payroll.

disappointing to lose today but a 5-2 week is pretty great.

concerned about Dylan Lee, hasn’t looked good in a month. Seems to pitch in every high leverage situation.

Riley is 5-31 lately. He has been hitting the ball well all season … hope he breaks out again, and soon.

• Sad
Still not a fan of Olson’s.
He has hit a good amount of HRs but you get a lot of SOs in between. Seems to be okay in the field but not as good as Freeman is (most aren't). I'm still shocked they could not get a deal worked out and Freddie sure acts like he didn't want to leave Atl. Maybe that is an act in front of the camera, who knows. Freeman firing his agent makes one wonder though.

3 for 5 including a salami and the first HR ever into the river by a Brave. "Not bad".

Jon, do you always see the glass half empty?
Actually, on the replay the ball bounced into the river, hitting hard ground first. Still, it was a mammoth shot by Olson.

I think Olson was pressing early, too much pressure replacing freeman. Had a awful May but has been on fire lately.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
interesting… the Padres are 8-13 since acquiring Soto and Bell.

Another big weekend series with the Cardinals ... predictions?

In terms of pitching matchups, I like the Braves in two out of three.

Friday ... Strider vs Quintana ... Strider showed a lot of confidence in his strong performance against the Mets in Atlanta after having given up a lot of runs against the Mets in New York. Strider is just fun to watch ... Atlanta

Saturday ... Morton vs Montgomery ... Morton is coming off his two best performances of the season, and was especially dominating against the Mets. Montgomery is 7-3 with a 3.08 ERA. Close call here but I like Atlanta.

Sunday ... Odorizzi vs Wainwright ... toss up ... I am still not sure what Atlanta has in Odorizzi. He looked much better against the Pirates, albeit Pittsburgh is just not a very good baseball team. Two veteran pitchers my guess is the Cardinals take this one.

August 24th, 2022
Mark Bowman

Mark Bowman
@mlbbowman

PITTSBURGH -- William Contreras added to his homer total, Kyle Wright dominated the Pirates’ lineup and Matt Olson crushed a grand slam into the water beyond PNC Park’s walls. Everything seemed to go right for the red-hot Braves as they rolled to a 14-2 win over the Pirates on Wednesday afternoon.

There were plenty of offensive standouts as four Braves tallied at least two hits, but Olson supplied the day’s highlight when his towering grand slam traveled a Statcast-projected 420 feet past right field and bounced into the Allegheny River. The seven-year veteran had never played in Pittsburgh before this week, so he wasn’t thinking about the water as the ball left the yard.

Another big weekend series with the Cardinals ... predictions?

In terms of pitching matchups, I like the Braves in two out of three.

Friday ... Strider vs Quintana ... Strider showed a lot of confidence in his strong performance against the Mets in Atlanta after having given up a lot of runs against the Mets in New York. Strider is just fun to watch ... Atlanta

Saturday ... Morton vs Montgomery ... Morton is coming off his two best performances of the season, and was especially dominating against the Mets. Montgomery is 7-3 with a 3.08 ERA. Close call here but I like Atlanta.

Sunday ... Odorizzi vs Wainwright ... toss up ... I am still not sure what Atlanta has in Odorizzi. He looked much better against the Pirates, albeit Pittsburgh is just not a very good baseball team. Two veteran pitchers my guess is the Cardinals take this one.
The Mets are hosting the Rockies and are almost certainly going to win all four games. Hopefully Odorizzi has turned the corner and Atlanta can sweep as well in order to keep up. Winning three in St Louis against a good Cardinals team is a huge ask however.

Reactions: JonScott
The Mets are hosting the Rockies and are almost certainly going to win all four games. Hopefully Odorizzi has turned the corner and Atlanta can sweep as well in order to keep up. Winning three in St Louis against a good Cardinals team is a huge ask however.
Looking over the biggest challenges in the remaining schedules for the Braves and the Mets:

Braves have 3 against the Cardinals, 3 against the Mariners,7 against the Phillies and 3 against the Mets. (The Braves play 6 of their remaining games against Washington.)

Mets have 3 against the Dodgers, 3 against the Brewers and 3 against the Braves. (The Mets play 13 of their remaining games against Pittsburgh and Washington)

If the Braves win the NL East this year it will have been well-earned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT