ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Braves 2023

A tip of the hat to the Orioles: if the Braves sweep the Gnats this weekend, they'll finish 50 (that's right, 50!) games over .500! And despite, it wasn't until there were 3 games left in the season that they clinched the home field advantage throughout the playoffs. This looks like a World Series for the ages.

Of course if the fillies crash the party (again 🙄), there could well be a rematch of the '83 Series when young Ripken's O's took down the Wheeze Kids.

Did Jon Scott take over Liz' account?
Just saying there are a lot of hypotheticals involved to make the aforementioned dream WS happen. Personally, I'd like to see Braves-Twins so Atlanta could get revenge for '91.

Reactions: seminoleed
I don't think Vines pitched his way on the postseason roster. AJSS and Wright looked good.

I think you can attribute some bad stretches to this team being bored.

Snit has come out and said that they are changing their approach to the NLDS and days off. Inviting fans in for inter-squad games.

Epic choke job by the cubs, a lot of saltiness over the Acuna ovation after stealing base #70.

From AJC's Mark Bradley:

This lineup was the tide that lifted all boats. Marcell Ozuna was hitting .043 with an OPS of .397 on May 1. He's at .268 and .878 today. He has 37 homers, 93 RBIs. Michael Harris was hitting .163 with an OPS of .490 on June 7. He's at .290 and .802 today. Harris and Eddie Rosario have 21 homers, tying them for sixth among Braves. The Central Division-winning Brewers have one man with more than 19.

Orlando Arcia replaced Dansby Swanson and became an All-Star. Bryce Elder cracked the rotation and became an All-Star. Raisel Iglesias went two months without a blown save. Spencer Strider has 274 strikeouts, 40 more than Blake Snell, second among NL pitchers. Max Fried and Kyle Wright made 21 starts between them – they made 60 last season – and this team still has a chance to become the winningest of all Braves teams.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Hey what did I miss? Was it as sad as the fillies broadcasters who didn't like Ozuna's HR and "hand dance" with Wash?
After Acuña stole the base, the game was paused so the moment could be celebrated through a highlight montage. Cubs play-by-play announcer Boog Sciambi questioned the timing of the celebration, which came during a tense moment of the game, as the Cubs are fighting for a playoff spot.

“We’re really stopping the game to do a highlight montage?” Sciambi asked rhetorically.

“Can we get the base after the game? This is pretty absurd,” commentator Jim Deshaies added.

Both men appreciated the historic accomplishment but didn’t agree with the celebration taking place at that moment.

Reactions: CC0492
After Acuña stole the base, the game was paused so the moment could be celebrated through a highlight montage. Cubs play-by-play announcer Boog Sciambi questioned the timing of the celebration, which came during a tense moment of the game, as the Cubs are fighting for a playoff spot.

“We’re really stopping the game to do a highlight montage?” Sciambi asked rhetorically.

“Can we get the base after the game? This is pretty absurd,” commentator Jim Deshaies added.

Both men appreciated the historic accomplishment but didn’t agree with the celebration taking place at that moment.
Ah, I see. Thanks. Boog should know better being his previous job was here in ATL. Probably bitter about being stuck in Chicago.

Classic case of butthurtitis.

The funny part was the game did not last much longer. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
I like the Marlins...Glad to see them clinch a playoff spot.

I like the Marlins...Glad to see them clinch a playoff spot.
You wouldn't if you lived down here in SW Florida. Their fanbase is only slightly higher that Tampa Bay's, and Miami doesn't have the excuse of a crappy stadium. Sadly, I get both teams on TV locally, but rarely get to see my beloved Braves.

You wouldn't if you lived down here in SW Florida. Their fanbase is only slightly higher that Tampa Bay's, and Miami doesn't have the excuse of a crappy stadium. Sadly, I get both teams on TV locally, but rarely get to see my beloved Braves.
I get to watch a lot of Braves games between the MLB.com package and ESPN+

You aren't a Marlins fan this week??

Welp, the Marlins looked more like Minnows. Braves really need to win game 1 to stop the Phillies momentum, fear if they win game 1 thoughts of last year creep in.

Smith-Shawver apparently looked really good in the scrimmage game. Think he may be the wild card in the bullpen. Hoping Strider is lights out.

Only other interesting thing from the scrimmage was Ozuna playing first base. Not surprising considering he hasn't been a big league level outfielder since 2018. Guess he is insurance if something were to happen to Olson.

Welp, the Marlins looked more like Minnows. Braves really need to win game 1 to stop the Phillies momentum, fear if they win game 1 thoughts of last year creep in.

Smith-Shawver apparently looked really good in the scrimmage game. Think he may be the wild card in the bullpen. Hoping Strider is lights out.

Only other interesting thing from the scrimmage was Ozuna playing first base. Not surprising considering he hasn't been a big league level outfielder since 2018. Guess he is insurance if something were to happen to Olson.
+1

The fillies are hot again. The Braves better be ready to bring their A game early in game 1! I have an odd feeling their pitcher will try to make a statement by pitching guys inside early on, maybe even plunking a batter or two. I know that's been more of a marlins thing against the Braves, but this is the NLDS now.

I don't think that umpire crew will get any postseason assignments.
That was the worst call I've ever seen a major league or minor league or little league "crew" ever make. Ever! Simple inexcusable and unacceptable. How can four idiots miss it. Just bottles the rational mind. If I'm Walt Weiss, I would be tossed too. And if I'm Seitzer, I would be tossed, too. And If I'm Perez and Kranny, I'd be tossed, too................... :) Twilight Zone Crap.

Reactions: CC0492
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT