ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Braves 2023

I see Grissom was optioned to AAA. Arcia had a nice spring... Can he keep it up??

Last edited:
From what I understood Grissom and Braden Shewmake were battling for the SS spot and they ended up putting Arcia there.

/shrug

So has Olson won y'all over yet??

Bored Cat GIF

So has Olson won y'all over yet??

Bored Cat GIF
I'm not sure Jonscott comes by here anymore. 🤣

Matt had a great spring for sure and he is making it easier to get over trading Freddie even though he is batting .381 to start the season.

After a very awful spring Dansby is batting .500, smh.

The Braves 5-1 start helps me cope with suffering through FSU's tough season.

I'm enjoying the chemistry and camaraderie of all the new guys and rookies on this team. Looks like they are all feeding off each other's positive energy and it shows on the field. Keep it up guys!

I'm not sure Jonscott comes by here anymore. 🤣

Matt had a great spring for sure and he is making it easier to get over trading Freddie even though he is batting .381 to start the season.

After a very awful spring Dansby is batting .500, smh.

The Braves 5-1 start helps me cope with suffering through FSU's tough season.
Still here ... between watching FSU softball and trying to avoid watching FSU baseball I am keeping an eye on the Braves.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Still here ... between watching FSU softball and trying to avoid watching FSU baseball I am keeping an eye on the Braves.
I'm not an insider, so what is wrong with the Noles baseball team exactly?? We're in danger of having the first losing season in program history. 😭

Is there a reason Ozuna is dh? Maybe to contribute to speeding up the game by automatic outs?

Is there a reason Ozuna is dh? Maybe to contribute to speeding up the game by automatic outs?
DH should be DS for all his strikeouts. Can they send him down? Trade him? Cut him? Teach him to not swing at the ball so wildly? Something...anything! Jeez!

Today's results are why I try to refrain from crowing about my team's performance when they've been doing well... The Braves lose despite giving up a single run while the nyets and fillies both won. Bad juju.

Today's results are why I try to refrain from crowing about my team's performance when they've been doing well... The Braves lose despite giving up a single run while the nyets and fillies both won. Bad juju.
I only got to watch the first couple of innings but having the bases loaded with one out and Olson and Riley up you have to believe one of the two gets you a RBI or two. I chalk this up to one of those days where the baseball gods punish us all for our hubris.

Teams that play 162 games in a season will lose some regardless of how good they are or how well they're playing. Worrying about a single game, win or lose, is silly.

I was reading the play by play in the first couple of innings and it appeared they were getting the bat on the ball but hitting it right at them at that point in the game. After that I was sitting out in the sun watching my son's soccer team get waxed in a ugly loss. I get home late, have dinner and noticed FSU had a lead in the 8th! I turn the game on to see them lose their lead only to regain it again and then lose with a WP. One of those days for sure.

I was reading the play by play in the first couple of innings and it appeared they were getting the bat on the ball but hitting it right at them at that point in the game. After that I was sitting out in the sun watching my son's soccer team get waxed in a ugly loss. I get home late, have dinner and noticed FSU had a lead in the 8th! I turn the game on to see them lose their lead only to regain it again and then lose with a WP. One of those days for sure.
Don't let it get you down, or you might get called "silly".

Yesterday's game was one of those times that every guy went for the homerun swing. The base hits and walks were working early against Martinez, but they continued to try and knock every pitch off the plate over the wall. All they got was weak pop ups and fly outs. It's extremely odd that they do this from time to time and never adjust to the pitcher. Martinez rarely threw a meatball down the middle, so why not work his pitch count and take a walk? Frustrating when they do this.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Fillies lose at home to the Rockies 5-0. Hopefully the Giants take care of business shortly against N.Y.

Just a reminder... Regular season wins and losses are just as important in April as they are in September and October.

Unfortunately the Mets losing tonight ain't gonna happen. Despite the ATL's great start, they're going to enter the weekend series versus the world champs with NY nipping on their heels.

Fillies lose at home to the Rockies 5-0. Hopefully the Giants take care of business shortly against N.Y.

Just a reminder... Regular season wins and losses are just as important in April as they are in September and October.
I would disagree in the fact that momentum plays a very large roll in getting to the World Series. It is not uncommon to see teams who have lead their divisions throughout the season get put out early in the playoffs.

Tough and disappointing three-game sweep by Astros ... bats and bullpen a huge letdown. Astros were not playing all that well coming into this series.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT