ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Braves 2023

Should be a great weekend of sports

High School I work at has a big rivalry game Friday night
Oldest son has Flag Football playoffs at 10am
FSU-VT @ 3:30
Braves at 6:07

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Postseason baseball is a cruel mistress.

Johnson has Bryson Stot 0-2 and proceeds to throw 6 strait balls.
Catchers interference
Olson barely misses a game tying HR.
Riley not tagging keeps DP in play.
If Ozzie’s DP play is 3 inches to the right it’s 3-1 with two runners on with 1 out.

Monday is a must win.

^ +1

Breakage in play kills this team for some reason. They have difficulty ramping it back up after not playing. The fillies have all the momentum.

Hate to be "that fan" and complain. But the layoff is too much and doesn't benefit the top seeds as much as you would think.

5 day layoff which is more than the All Star break. Then a day off after Game 1, doesn't really give you a "rest benefit" vs a team playing 2 games in 5 days.

Reactions: DFSNOLE and CC0492
Hate to be "that fan" and complain. But the layoff is too much and doesn't benefit the top seeds as much as you would think.

5 day layoff which is more than the All Star break. Then a day off after Game 1, doesn't really give you a "rest benefit" vs a team playing 2 games in 5 days.
I agree, it does not. Baseball is all about timing, rhythm, momentum and getting into good habits. Layoffs destroy all of that. Look at all the results so far of the division winners.

And no one has posted yet after that finish? My Lord, I'll never get to sleep tonight--way too much adrenaline coursing through my body right now.

Reactions: CC0492
It took 15 innings but they finally got the bats awake. And an 8-5-3 double play to end it....you kidding me?!?!?! Now we carry some momentum to filly while they get on their plane deflated after giving up a 4 run lead. Could mean something for game 3.

Reactions: seminoleed
Me watching the game last night.

oh-no-yes.gif

• Haha
I was going to post that I'm stopping by the local vodoo shop to pick up a rabbit and ckicken's foot for luck tonight. One for each hand.

Elder has struggled the last 3 outings only pitching 12 innings giving up 13 runs, 19 hits and 8 walks. Hopefully he is due for a great post season.

jobu-majorleague.gif

• Love
Reactions: CC0492
They chanted we want Strider. Because what you wish for philthies!

Well that game blew!

Arcia speaks enough English to get a point across. He was heard saying, "Attaboy Harper. Way to go." in reference to him getting doubled off first base. He didn't need an interpreter for that. These guys know and speak enough English, the interpreter is a crutch. What do they talk about with base coaches and opposing players when they reach base if they can't speak English?

All I know is I'd want Harper on my team because the dude plays hard and is a tough out to get.

Well that game blew!

Arcia speaks enough English to get a point across. He was heard saying, "Attaboy Harper. Way to go." in reference to him getting doubled off first base. He didn't need an interpreter for that. These guys know and speak enough English, the interpreter is a crutch. What do they talk about with base coaches and opposing players when they reach base if they can't speak English?

All I know is I'd want Harper on my team because the dude plays hard and is a tough out to get.
I think Harper is a top 5 douchebag in MLB.

If Strider has 2 outs and bases empty, should he give 4 straight fastballs under Harper's chin? Or do the Braves remain "gentlemanly", show no fire, and go out with a whimper?

P.S. MLB has moved tonight's game back to 8:07pm.

Last edited:
Well that game blew!

Harper didn’t hit a home runs because of anything Arcia said. He hit two home runs because he got a hanging slider.

Regardless of what Arcia said/didn’t say it’s still made up media BS

Man I was hoping we would shut them Phillies up. Now I got to hope the Dbacks Tbag them. Some of the rudest fan bases ever. Definitely rivals the scUm base for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT