ADVERTISEMENT

Candy on Halloween

Everybody get plenty for Halloween? Favorite flavors??

I'm a math teacher (pre-algebra to 6th graders) so my students still trick or treat and I "jokingly" tell them if they want to practice some math during the holiday to count out their candy haul and pull out 10% to bring in to me with their calculations. Not for a grade or extra credit or anything. It never fails, I get a load of candy. Mind you, I work at a shwanky private school, so I'm Robin Hooding the candy as opposed to receiving it from kids who don't typically get to indulge.

Twix is a clear number 1 to me followed by Kit Kats.

I am not sure why but my kids like sorting and trading more than eating the stuff. I probably sneak more out of their bags than they do over the next couple of months. We always end up tossing a good portion of it away before it gets consumed. Rarely do we have desserts around and one would think they kids would take advantage of having a lot of sweets at their disposal. But they don't. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

I am not sure why but my kids like sorting and trading more than eating the stuff. I probably sneak more out of their bags than they do over the next couple of months. We always end up tossing a good portion of it away before it gets consumed. Rarely do we have desserts around and one would think they kids would take advantage of having a lot of sweets at their disposal. But they don't. Has anyone else noticed this as well?
My daughter is the same. On Halloween night she loves sorting through them and separating everything out. She'll have a some of it that night, but the rest sits in a bag until it eventually gets thrown away in a month or so.

As for me...
1. Reese's
2. Twix
3. Milky Ways
4. Kit Kats
9,999 Peanut M&Ms
10,000 Tootsie Rolls

I just buy an extra bag of Kit Kats and Almond Joy's for me. I've already taken my kids candy and given it to my neighbor who does a candy drive for deployeed troops. I don't want my kids all sugared up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT